Multiple PLCBUS Controller 1141

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple PLCBUS Controller 1141

Currently I have a 1141 controller to control the house. I want to control another house with same house code. Can I use more than one 1141 controllers on a HomeSeer server?

I don't think you can use several PLCBUS-1141 interfaces
    --
    stipus

Comment

Do you have 3 phases, and want to use 1 PlcBus 1141 interface per phase, or do you want to use 2 PlcBus 1141 interfaces on the same phase ?

In the later case, what is the reason for this ?
      --
      stipus

Comment

I don't have 3 phases and I want to use 2 1141 interfaces on same phase. I want the two houses controlled by one pc. Can you give me any solution to do it?

Comment

I don't understand. From one single PC, you have access to 2 power plugs in 2 different houses ?
          --
          stipus

Comment

I want to use just a PC to control the two houses at once. So I thought the use of two 1141 controllers. I want to connect the electrical network of the second house with a PC through a 1141 controller. Is it possible? if not, is there a way to connect the two houses?

Comment

The 2 houses are very close from each other, and you want to use a power wire between the 2 houses ? I'm not sure this is allowed to run a power-wire between 2 houses as it could be dangerous....

If the 2 houses are very close, did you try to plug a PlcBus module in the second house, and see if you can control it from the PC in your first house ? This might work without havng to use a second PlcBus 1141 interface.
              Last edited by stipus; December 9, 2009, 06:59 PM.
              --
              stipus

Comment

I also don't think that using power wire between the 2 houses is a good solution... So I think how about using a PLCBUS 1141 to control first house and another 1141 to control the second house. But I'm still confused whether Homeseer can handle two PLCBUS connectors. For example two PLCBUS connectors connected to the COM PORT 2 and COM PORT 4 as well.
                The last way I can think of is using a separate PC and connected both PCs through the network. But it requires additional expenses.

Comment

Currently the PLCBUS Connector plugin cannot handle 2 interfaces.
                  --
                  stipus

Comment

Same here

I know what you mean, same here. Two houses next to eachother. They both have their own electric circuit which you don't want to connect directly.
                    I searched for a device that could transmit the PLCbus signal wireless, by infrared or whatever in both directions. I could not find anything.

I'm still wondering if it would be possible to hack a 3-Phase Coupler. This is a device that can transmit the PLCbus signal from one wire to the other without connecting them. Offcourse for a whole other purpouse.
                    But I have no idea how a 3-Phase Coupler works, so thats a longshot.

The only solution I can think of is using an other technique, X-10, zwave, for the other house. You can install different plugins for different techniques in homeer. For a little test I installed the X10 CM15AUSB plugin besides the already working BLCbus connector. They don't bite eachother.
                    I did not test it any further, I did not connect a CM15 X-10 hardware interface. ( I don't like the X-10 protocol)

I expect it would be the same for z-wave. But that's a more expenive solution.

It would be very nice if the PLCbus plugin would support multiple adapters. But I gues this would only be interesting for a very small group (2 so far )
                    Someone has to hack it, I'm a noob here. But willing to learn.

Comment

A very small group, but growing.
                      I want this as well, so we're with 3 already.

Stipus to the rescue ?

Frank.

Comment

I hear you, but currently I don't know how to answer this problem.

Supporting several interfaces is not an easy task. This would take at least a full week of work on the plugin for only three users. I know this is not the answer you want, but currently I can't afford doing it
                        --
                        stipus

Comment

Originally posted by stipus View Post
                          I hear you, but currently I don't know how to answer this problem.

Supporting several interfaces is not an easy task. This would take at least a full week of work on the plugin for only three users. I know this is not the answer you want, but currently I can't afford doing it
                          Stipus , I have same situation for my customer.Two flat is next by each others. But two different power circuit. They have a cabinet , inside is the PC that running Homeseer. In the cabinet , there have two power socket , one is for this flat another socket is for next flat. So if fully mod. your plug-in for support multi-controller will make a lot of afford. Is that possible to make a minor change of your Plug-in API and send the command by specific COM port? for example :

hs.Plugin("PLCBUS Connector").SendPlcBusCommand "D3", 2, 100, 0, false , COM2

So that I can control the next flat by HSTouch and running a script for control it ?

Thanks.

Comment

I find out a temp. solution.
                            Install two controller in server. Say COM 1 , COM 2
                            COM 1 controller control by Stipus Plug-in.
                            and COM 2 controller control by free open source command line utility.
                            https://sourceforge.net/projects/plcbus-cmd/

Comment

Working...
                            X