This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I'd like to buy this plug-in soon, however:

1) I'm still new to how squeezebox in general should be working.
    2) As I'm adding more squeezeboxes I'm seeing potential control issues.
    3) I'd like this artwork relative directory issue either resolved or hidden from the logs, when It occurs, it occurs 100's of times and makes looking through the log pretty much useless. I don't want to turn off logging, since this is the only error that has showed up and seems fixable.
    4) I have a bunch of detected players that I don't want or need, would like them to only show up if I tell the plug-in I want them there. I could detect new players, but not create devices until I say so. I'm pretty sure it's because I tried a bunch of soft players from a bunch of places, but now I have 9 players the plug-in knows about, and I only want 2 or 3 of them
    5) I have yet to get the speaking to work for me. I didn't try that hard, but I'm really not sure what I'm doing with these settings.
    6) I need synchronization support. Using iPeng the menus are a bit tricky, BUT.... I think it gives me a clear idea of what I need supported in the plug-in. I must be able to synchronize zones with each other, unsync, and easily figure out what I'm currently controlling. I need to see what players are synced to which players. iPeng lets me see that and add or remove from each group. Also being able to adjust the group's volume relative to where it started is a really nice feature of iPeng and I'd hope you could support that as well.
    Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

I just posted (in first dialog of this thread) a new version with options to include or not built-in menus in the SB player menus as well as display artwork from SB plug-ins (Pandora, Sounds & Effects, etc).

Comment

I am not following what you mean in 2). Could you elaborate?

Regarding 3), I just posted an updated beta in the first dialog of this thread that should show the artwork.

Regarding 4), you can tell the plug-in to ignore specific players by editing (or adding) entries to the plug-in ini file. Per player there is a section with the player IP as the section header and an "enabled" entry. If you set it to False, the plug-in will ignore the player and you can delete the HS2 devices as usual. below is an entry example in the ini file

PHP Code:
        [00:04:20:1e:1b:55]
        enabled=True 
        Regarding 6) the plug-in includes actions to sync/un-sync players though no sync status information in current versions.

Originally posted by zimmer62 View Post
        I think I'd like to buy this plug-in soon, however:

1) I'm still new to how squeezebox in general should be working.
        2) As I'm adding more squeezeboxes I'm seeing potential control issues.
        3) I'd like this artwork relative directory issue either resolved or hidden from the logs, when It occurs, it occurs 100's of times and makes looking through the log pretty much useless. I don't want to turn off logging, since this is the only error that has showed up and seems fixable.
        4) I have a bunch of detected players that I don't want or need, would like them to only show up if I tell the plug-in I want them there. I could detect new players, but not create devices until I say so. I'm pretty sure it's because I tried a bunch of soft players from a bunch of places, but now I have 9 players the plug-in knows about, and I only want 2 or 3 of them
        5) I have yet to get the speaking to work for me. I didn't try that hard, but I'm really not sure what I'm doing with these settings.
        6) I need synchronization support. Using iPeng the menus are a bit tricky, BUT.... I think it gives me a clear idea of what I need supported in the plug-in. I must be able to synchronize zones with each other, unsync, and easily figure out what I'm currently controlling. I need to see what players are synced to which players. iPeng lets me see that and add or remove from each group. Also being able to adjust the group's volume relative to where it started is a really nice feature of iPeng and I'd hope you could support that as well.

Comment

I'm trying to use a Norwegian free TTL voice, but it doesn't seem to work.
          Are you able to tell what went wrong from the HS Error Log?

An unexpected error occured in the SpeakToFile function/subroutine: [System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8004503A): Exception from HRESULT: 0x8004503A at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.LateBinding.InternalL ateCall(Object o, Type objType, String name, Object[] args, String[] paramnames, Boolean[] CopyBack, Boolean IgnoreReturn) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateCa ll(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, Boolean IgnoreReturn) at HSPI_SQUEEZEBOX.HSPI.SpeakToFile(String& FileName, String& TextToSpeak)]
          The TTL engine is this one: LingSpeak Arne

/Aeklo

Comment

Is there an easy way to check if players are synchronized from the API?

I have set up a door-bell script, but it goes haywire if two players are synchronized (plays my wav two times, sets the volume back wrong, messes up my playlist etc.).

/Aeklo

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
              I am not following what you mean in 2). Could you elaborate?

Regarding 3), I just posted an updated beta in the first dialog of this thread that should show the artwork.

Regarding 4), you can tell the plug-in to ignore specific players by editing (or adding) entries to the plug-in ini file. Per player there is a section with the player IP as the section header and an "enabled" entry. If you set it to False, the plug-in will ignore the player and you can delete the HS2 devices as usual. below is an entry example in the ini file

PHP Code:
              [00:04:20:1e:1b:55]
              enabled=True 
              Regarding 6) the plug-in includes actions to sync/un-sync players though no sync status information in current versions.
              Sorry, (2) wasn't very clear. I wrote that in a hurry, I'm thinking it shouldn't be on the list, and was basically trying to state that I see potential problems arising when adding players. Such as my current list of players is growing very quickly due to testing out software players.

That's great that I can disable them in the ini file, but having to edit that frequently sounds a bit like a pain. Since I've been testing several software players, from many different computers I keep getting new players showing up in homeseer using device codes, these tested software players are not going to stay permanent in my environment. I guess it's not that big of a deal since I can remove or disable them manually. If just seems like a big hassle since I now have more than 80 squeezebox device codes to clean up, and there is a big gap between devices that I want, and ones that are removed. Example... my latest hardware squeezebox is now starts at device code "&76" and there is a big gap between &21 - &75 if I delete those and add more players later I feel like there is going to be potential for some weird stuff.

6) Thanks I'll look into it but I think the status is going to be required for me since I'm going to continue to control the synchronizing from the boxes themselves occasionally. Which means the HSTouch screens I make won't be able to show the current sync status. Please put a little bit of priority on that.
              Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Originally posted by aeklo View Post
                I'm trying to use a Norwegian free TTL voice, but it doesn't seem to work.
                Are you able to tell what went wrong from the HS Error Log?

The TTL engine is this one: LingSpeak Arne

/Aeklo
                I cannot tell from the error. When I get a chance, I will try it with the LingSpeak TTS. Have you tried it with the default MS TTS?

Comment

Originally posted by aeklo View Post
                  Is there an easy way to check if players are synchronized from the API?

I have set up a door-bell script, but it goes haywire if two players are synchronized (plays my wav two times, sets the volume back wrong, messes up my playlist etc.).

/Aeklo
                  The plugin includes APIs to sync or unsyc; there is no easy way to track current sync status. I will see if I can add a status device/notification (i.e. get reliable notification from the SB Server)
                  Last edited by pcp; June 20, 2010, 05:42 PM.

Comment

I cannot tell from the error. When I get a chance, I will try it with the LingSpeak TTS. Have you tried it with the default MS TTS?
                    Yes, the MS TTS works as expected, but doesn't speak Norwegian very well
                    The Norwegian TTS shows up in the Windows speech settings, but does not work directly with HS2 either.
                    Might be something with its naming as TTS voice perhaps?

/Aeklo

Comment

Hi,
                      im testing out the new Spotify plugin for slimserver and when i try to play a song i get this error in HS

Code:
                      21.06.2010 12:29:02  - SqueezeBox Error - An unexpected error occured in the CurrentArtworkFile function/subroutine:  [System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out   at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(Uri address, String fileName)   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.MyServices.Internal.WebClientCopy.DownloadFile(Uri address, String destinationFileName)   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Devices.Network.DownloadFile(Uri address, String destinationFileName, ICredentials networkCredentials, Boolean showUI, Int32 connectionTimeout, Boolean overwrite, UICancelOption onUserCancel)   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Devices.Network.DownloadFile(String address, String destinationFileName, String userName, String password, Boolean showUI, Int32 connectionTimeout, Boolean overwrite, UICancelOption onUserCancel)   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Devices.Network.DownloadFile(String address, String destinationFileName, String userName, String password, Boolean showUI, Int32 connectionTimeout, Boolean overwrite)   at HSPI_SQUEEZEBOX.hspi_player.GetCurrentArtworkPath(String path)]
                      and i get it every 1 seconds.

I dont know if its the spotify plugin thats "bananas".

Comment

The plugin includes APIs to sync or unsyc; there is no easy way to track current sync status. I will see if I can add a status device/notification (i.e. get reliable notification from the SB Server)
                        I would assume it is possible somehow since the the ipeng client does a good job at this. It's really useful if you're controlling squeezeboxes both manually and from software such as homeseer.
                        Joe (zimmer62)

Comment

Sorry to post this question here, but there are a lot of experience Squeezebox Plugin users in this thread, so I just want to pick your brain. In my HSTouch screen for Squeezebox, I have a button for Artist, Album and Playlist, Each populates the Music Selector with the relevant list. For Artists, I can then click on an artist, the Music Selector then shows the albums for that artist, Click on an album, it then shows the songs in the album and finally you can click on a song and it plays the song. Same idea for Albums, all works fine. however, If I populate the Music Selector with a list of all my playlists, I can select a playlist, and it then shows all the songs in the playlist. However, I cannot click on a song to play a song from the playlist. The selection just dissappears after a second or so and the player does not respond. Even clicking on the All Tracks item at the top of the track list does not play a thing. Has anyone got the use of the playlist sorted at all?? Thanks for any help you can give on this. Harry

Comment

Discussed here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=142049

and here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=142072

Did you ever open a bug report on this?
                            "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Yes I did post a bug report in the HSTouch forum, but no response from anyone on this.

Comment

Originally posted by markus.bergvoll View Post
                                Hi,
                                im testing out the new Spotify plugin for slimserver and when i try to play a song i get this error in HS

Code:
                                21.06.2010 12:29:02  - SqueezeBox Error - An unexpected error occured in the CurrentArtworkFile function/subroutine:  [System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out   at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(Uri address, String fileName)   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.MyServices.Internal.WebClientCopy.DownloadFile(Uri address, String destinationFileName)   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Devices.Network.DownloadFile(Uri address, String destinationFileName, ICredentials networkCredentials, Boolean showUI, Int32 connectionTimeout, Boolean overwrite, UICancelOption onUserCancel)   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Devices.Network.DownloadFile(String address, String destinationFileName, String userName, String password, Boolean showUI, Int32 connectionTimeout, Boolean overwrite, UICancelOption onUserCancel)   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Devices.Network.DownloadFile(String address, String destinationFileName, String userName, String password, Boolean showUI, Int32 connectionTimeout, Boolean overwrite)   at HSPI_SQUEEZEBOX.hspi_player.GetCurrentArtworkPath(String path)]
                                and i get it every 1 seconds.

I dont know if its the spotify plugin thats "bananas".
                                I'm also have the same error in HS log. Everything works as it should its only the error in the log.
                                The Spotify plugin to Squeezebox Server

Comment

Working...
                                X