Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stipus , is that possible to add a Device in the Scenes without program it ?
    Since I already setup the Scenes already by other program. I just want to add the device in the Scenes but no need to program it.
    Now , once I press "Add currently On device as On" , it will program the scenes address.

Thanks
    Kevin Lo

Comment

Dear Kevin,

There is no option to add a device to a scene without programming the scene.

But if the device is already in a scene, it will not accept a second programming.

So you can:
      - switch all user devices off
      - send the scene ON address with a 4034
      - In HomeSeer, POLL each scene device so that the Plugin knows the dim level.
      - Add all 'ON' devices to the scene.

--> The plugin will record the dim level for each device
      --> The plugin will send a scene programming PlcBus packet
      --> But the devices don't change their programming (ramp rate won't change), because they are already setup for this scene address.
      --
      stipus

Comment

Did anyone try the PLCBUS plugin under Linux ?

I don't have a Linux box... I installed mono on a iMac 27 running latest OSX... HomeSeer and the plugin did run fine... I marked the plugin as Linux compatible but I don't really know...

I think it should work ...

Anyone ?
        --
        stipus

Comment

Stipus , I just buy the HS3 Pi version for Raspberry Pi. I will test it soon and let you know is that work .

By the way , any update for the bug of HS3 that running muilt PLCBUS plug-in , but only the first active plug-in work when you create the device ?

Thanks
          Kevin Lo

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Lo View Post
            Stipus , I just buy the HS3 Pi version for Raspberry Pi. I will test it soon and let you know is that work .

By the way , any update for the bug of HS3 that running muilt PLCBUS plug-in , but only the first active plug-in work when you create the device ?

Thanks
            Kevin Lo
            I find that HS3 Pi version didn't allow us to install 3rd party plug-in.
            So that I already submit an request to get my refund.
            I think I need install the HS3 Pro in a full Linux machine for testing.

According to here , something should need to change for support Linux :
            http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/vi...p?f=37&t=80833

The author that wrote the plug-in (driver) would need to port it to Linux. This is not terribly difficult.. in some cases, just the "/" characters need to be changed to "\"
            Then, the .exe plug-in would need to be rebuilt as a .dll format (again, not difficult)

Comment

Dear Kevin,

I tested the plugin before release with mono, and it worked.

First it didn't work, and I had to change the way the serial port communication is handled.
              --
              stipus

Comment

Great plugin

I am testing it out if it works for me

I have added a device PCIBUS appliance for a lamp (as it doesn't have a dimmer) and I am getting multiple "sends" for lights on or off

the transmitter is sending the commands about 5-6 times, why?

Comment

Originally posted by stipus View Post
                  Dear Kevin,

This is a bug in HS3. I cannot do anything to fix it myself. I have filled an official bug report to the Homeseer bugzilla...

To create a device in multi-instance mode, you have to shut down other plugin instances first.

I hope HST will find some time to work on this problem...

Best regards,

Stipus
                  It looks like HST fixed the problem in HomeSeer 3.0.0.123.
                  I can't find the link to download this version, but I'll test as soon as I can.
                  --
                  stipus

Comment

Did anyone try the PLCBUS plugin under Linux ?

I don't have a Linux box... I installed mono on a iMac 27 running latest OSX... HomeSeer and the plugin did run fine... I marked the plugin as Linux compatible but I don't really know...

I think it should work ...

Anyone ?
                    Stipus ,

I install a Raspbian on Raspberry Pi and then install Mono , I test 1141USB and 1141NET , both work fine. I test attach 1141USB on Pi and open another two instance for connect 1141NET via TCP , both work.

(But Homeseer for Raspberry Pi version not work. You need to install Full HS3 Linux on Raspbian)

Thanks
                    Kevin Lo

Comment

It looks like HST fixed the problem in HomeSeer 3.0.0.123.
                      I can't find the link to download this version, but I'll test as soon as I can.
                      Stipus , did you test PLCBUS dimmer module on HST ?
                      I can control the PLCBUS dimmer on the web UI's slide bar. (I can see in the Log , it can get the control : CAPI handler)
                      But on HST , I create a slider and select the "Status Tracking" to the PLCBUS dimmer device. But it don't work. The log didn't show it can trigger the event for the CAPI handler
                      Any idea ?

Thanks
                      Kevin Lo

Comment

I think that is the bug of HS3 and HST.
                        http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=164746

I run the script and change the PLCBUS dimmer device to CAN_DIM = FALSE

Then the HST's slider work......

Comment

Thanks a lot for your report Kevin !

It's very interesting to know the plugin runs fine under Linux, and Raspbian on Raspberry Pi.

I'm sorry for the HomeSeer bug with HS-Touch and the CAN_DIM property !

I understand there can be bugs within HomeSeer... but this was reported in December 2013, and it looks like something so important such as being able to DIM a light, is not fixed yet in August 2014... !

On the other HomeSeer bug with multiple plugin instances, I can see there has been some work during the last few weeks, but it's not 100% fixed in HomeSeer 3.0.0.125
                          http://bugzilla.homeseer.com/bugzill...ug.cgi?id=1673
                          --
                          stipus

Comment

Can I use license of PLCBUS plugin HS2 with HS3 ?

Hi Stipus,

I use PLCBUS plugin HS2 for many years and I have a license for HS2. Can I use it also for HS3 ? or i have to buy a new one?
                            Thank you
                            Stamatis

Comment

Hi Stipus,

Great job on the HS3 PLCBUS plugin. The stars were finally aligned for me and I've finally finished my HS2 to HS3 migration. I recreated 70+ PLCBUS devices on the HS3 system and it probably just took an hour or so for that part, so that wasn't so painful as I initially thought.
                              Some questions and comments:

1. (Re: very slow scene issue, I've created a separate thread for that) : http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...24#post1169424

2. How can I see a listing of device codes:names? I can only see the list of unused device codes ('Display Available Codes' in the Add New Device screen)... OR a list of the device names (but cannot see the device codes) in the Device Management screen. The old PLCBUS plugin had handy table of codes:names.

3. How to change the auto-poll timer?

Cheers

Originally posted by stamatis View Post
                              Hi Stipus,

I use PLCBUS plugin HS2 for many years and I have a license for HS2. Can I use it also for HS3 ? or i have to buy a new one?
                              Thank you
                              Stamatis
                              There is a special discounted price to upgrade from HS2 version. Just punch in your HS2 license number when you purchase the HS3 version from the store.
                              Last edited by LeoS; March 25, 2015, 02:26 AM.
                              HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

Originally posted by LeoS View Post
                                Hi Stipus,

Great job on the HS3 PLCBUS plugin. The stars were finally aligned for me and I've finally finished my HS2 to HS3 migration. I recreated 70+ PLCBUS devices on the HS3 system and it probably just took an hour or so for that part, so that wasn't so painful as I initially thought.
                                Some questions and comments:

1. (Re: very slow scene issue, I've created a separate thread for that) : http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...24#post1169424
                                I'll check this thread

2. How can I see a listing of device codes:names? I can only see the list of unused device codes ('Display Available Codes' in the Add New Device screen)... OR a list of the device names (but cannot see the device codes) in the Device Management screen. The old PLCBUS plugin had handy table of codes:names.
                                I don't understand why you don't see this list in the main HomeSeer screen.
                                In the HomeSeer device list, you should see all PLCBUS modules with names and device codes.

3. How to change the auto-poll timer?
                                I think there is a parameter in the hspi_plcbus.ini config file
                                I don't have access to my computer and can't give you the exact parameter right now.

If you can access the hspi_plcbus.ini config file for HS2, you may copy the parameter to the HS3 config file, then restart HomeSeer 3.

Cheers

There is a special discounted price to upgrade from HS2 version. Just punch in your HS2 license number when you purchase the HS3 version from the store.
                                --
                                stipus

Comment

Working...
                                X