This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last User and Low Battery

I am still using HS2 and was fully using the jvCaddx plug-in. It wasn't as reliable as I would like so I decided to try using the Aux outputs of the Caddx to provide indication of Entry, Exit and Alarm state. This has been much more reliable and faster for me with my Stargate which provides Digital I/O, relays and analog inputs. This is probably because there is a lot HS processing going on during these events and there were timing issues causing some problems from time to time.

The lack of an HS3 Caddx plug-in has been the reason I have stayed with HS2. I am still using the jvCaddx for user info and zone status. Another feature I would like is Low Battery indication. The jvCaddx plug-in doesn't seem to work for that.

Does this plug-in provide User Info and Low Battery condition?

Comment

As far as I remember the JVcaddx plugin, did support user info (who disarmed a partition) and battery failures, and so does mine HS3 version plugin.
      Regards,

Rien du Pre
      The Netherlands
      Using:
      Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
      Plugin's:
      RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

OK. That's great.

So, I have your plug-in installed and have it talking to the panel now to test it out.

How can I get an indication of low battery? I don't see a device for it and I don't see an event for it. Note, even though I have had a license for HS3 since day 1, I have not got into it yet, so I am at the bottom of the learning curve right now.

Comment

Originally posted by noopara View Post
          OK. That's great.

So, I have your plug-in installed and have it talking to the panel now to test it out.

How can I get an indication of low battery? I don't see a device for it and I don't see an event for it. Note, even though I have had a license for HS3 since day 1, I have not got into it yet, so I am at the bottom of the learning curve right now.
          Each device (PiR, sensor) will indicate the low battery icon and status (value 6) as soon as the plugins detects a low battery indication.
          Regards,

Rien du Pre
          The Netherlands
          Using:
          Plugin's:
          RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

OK, thanks. That makes sense for any battery operated wireless motions however, I don't use any wireless sensors in my system.

The battery that I would like to monitor is the 12V sealed wet cell that is the back up battery to the Caddx motherboard. What I have been doing over the years, is testing it periodically and then replacing it when it fails my test.

I've been trying to find out if there is a way to have the Caddx Nx-8 report low battery if this battery is "low" (what ever low is). I would guess that the Caddx firmware has some threshold programmed into it that it compares the actual voltage too?

Comment

Ah sorry I did't understand you.

I have to check if the API support the status of the panel battery.
              Regards,

Rien du Pre
              The Netherlands
              Using:
              Plugin's:
              RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

OK. Thanks!

What I would like to do is have an event that announces that the battery needs to be changed when it is reported as low by the panel.

Comment

Anything new on this? Does the API contain anything about the panel battery?

If I could get the Aux Output to report low battery like it is supposed to, I could solve my problem without having to use the plug-in for this.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi,

Yes it is possible, but I need to find the time to add this feature to the plugin.
                    I have a busy time ahead of me, so it will take some time.
                    Regards,

Rien du Pre
                    The Netherlands
                    Using:
                    Plugin's:
                    RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

OK. Great - Thanks!!

Comment

Feature Requests Follow-Up

I wanted to follow up on some of the questions asked earlier.

The chime toggle does not seem to be working correctly. Using the control button for the Toggle Chime under device management works. It toggles the chime LED on the keypad. The string status of the chime does not change in for the device. The device value also does not change. I could get by with not having the status change under "STATUS" if the VALUE where to change according between zero and some other value but no matter what toggle step is taken, the value remains at zero. Is this something you are also seeing and is there a plan to resolve this in a future release?

For the second item below, could the plugin provide a setting to allow events to be logged to a file. Setting debug in the setup is too verbose. I would like to just record the history of device transitions such as "Hallway Motion Faulted - {timestamp}" and eventually "Hallway Motion Normal - {timestamp}". Currently with debug turned off, no device changes are recorded to the HS log. Perhaps just allowing them to be written to the HS log would be sufficient.

Thanks in advance for your consideration...-Cliff

Originally posted by cbabkirk View Post
                        Hell Rien,

Great plug-in. Looking thru some of the recent requests and hope you get a chance to add these when you get time.

1) On the chime toggle. It would be great if the chime status could have an "Off" value and an "On" value. Currently, when I toggle the chime, the value remains "On" or 100 regardless if it is on or off. I would like to be able to check the status to determine which mode the chime is in currently in case I want to set it to either Off or On. Perhaps the toggle should be changed to an Off button and an On button.

2) Could you add "Last Zone Faulted". When selected, this would include the "Zone History" with Date/Time and Status. Also include the records to display. These were in the jvCaddx plug-in and I found this useful to inspect which zones faulted and in what sequence. Good tool if you want to know what path someone took assuming you have a lot of motion sensors in place.

-Cliff

Comment

Run two instances

Is it possible to run two instances of the plugin? I would like to monitor my fathers alarm system at his house using a GC-100 (network serial interface). I tried renaming the plugin but it errored out.

Comment

Originally posted by jdr2bpa View Post
                            Is it possible to run two instances of the plugin? I would like to monitor my fathers alarm system at his house using a GC-100 (network serial interface). I tried renaming the plugin but it errored out.
                            Not at the moment. I can set the plugin to multi instance and see what happens if you test it ?

Do you like to try this ?
                            Regards,

Rien du Pre
                            The Netherlands
                            Using:
                            Plugin's:
                            RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

I will test it

Absolutely - I can test it.

Thanks

Comment

Status of Multi-instance

Have you had a chance to compile the multiple instance version?

Comment

Working...
                                X