Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super slow PLCBUS scene change (HS3 only)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you wait a few more days... I'll try to fix the problem next thursday (23rd of April).

Best regards,

stipus
    --
    stipus

Comment

Originally posted by stipus View Post
      Can you wait a few more days... I'll try to fix the problem next thursday (23rd of April).

Best regards,

stipus
      Of course!
      Thank you so much!
      HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

In the meanwhile, this works:

I thought HS3 wouldn't let me create 2 exact devices with the same address, but apparently it does.
        HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Comment

You can find attached a test version 3.0.2.0 of the PLCBUS plugin for HS3.

Plugin 3.0.1.0 iterates all HomeSeer devices to update Scene Device status each time a PlcBus Device status is updated, but I found that iterating all devices using the HomeSeer API takes too much time.
          The new version 3.0.2.0 manages a separate list of Scene Devices, and only iterates this internal list. It should be much faster.

To install this new version:

1) Shutdown HomeSeer
          2) Rename <HS3 Directory>/HSPI_PLCBUS.exe to HSPI_PLCBUS.old (just in case you need to restore the old version).
          3) Unzip the attached file, and copy HSPI_PLCBUS.exe to the <HS3 Directory>
          4) Restart HomeSeer

I found there are many places in the current plugin where the plugin needs to iterate all HomeSeer devices... (for example when you click the Show/Hide scene programming buttons...). If this test is successful, I will also optimise all other device iterating procedures, but this needs quite a lot of work, as the plugin needs to manage internal lists of PlcBus lamps / appliances ... currently the plugin uses the HomeSeer API to get these lists, but it can be very slow if you have hundreds of devices.
          Attached Files
          --
          stipus

Comment

You can find attached a test version 3.0.2.0 of the PLCBUS plugin for HS3.

Plugin 3.0.1.0 iterates all HomeSeer devices to update Scene Device status each time a PlcBus Device status is updated, but I found that iterating all devices using the HomeSeer API takes too much time.
            The new version 3.0.2.0 manages a separate list of Scene Devices, and only iterates this internal list. It should be much faster.

To install this new version:

1) Shutdown HomeSeer
            2) Rename <HS3 Directory>/HSPI_PLCBUS.exe to HSPI_PLCBUS.old (just in case you need to restore the old version).
            3) Unzip the attached file, and copy HSPI_PLCBUS.exe to the <HS3 Directory>
            4) Restart HomeSeer

I found there are many places in the current plugin where the plugin needs to iterate all HomeSeer devices... (for example when you click the Show/Hide scene programming buttons...). If this test is successful, I will also optimise all other device iterating procedures, but this needs quite a lot of work, as the plugin needs to manage internal lists of PlcBus lamps / appliances ... currently the plugin uses the HomeSeer API to get these lists, but it can be very slow if you have hundreds of devices.
            Brilliant, thanks!

It works with zero lag:

Code:
            Apr-24 00:36:30	 	Device Control	Device: 1 Hall Scene : Indoor Night Lights (slow) to On (101) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
            Apr-24 00:36:22	 	PLCBUS Device	Device [138-M5] status set to [Off]
            Apr-24 00:36:22	 	Device Control	Device: 1 Hall Scene : Indoor Night Lights to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
            (ok, it doesn't show M5 turning On since it doesn't treat M5 as a device I guess, but it was pretty much instant).

Will this make moving or upgrading HS3 any more difficult?

Comment

Hello,

I don't really understand your log, as I see a 8-second delay between the 2 first log lines ... ?

it doesn't show M5 turning On since it doesn't treat M5 as a device I guess
              Can you elaborate on this point ? I don't really understand... maybe there is a remaining bug ?
              --
              stipus

Comment

Hello,

I don't really understand your log, as I see a 8-second delay between the 2 first log lines ... ?
                Whoops, I did wait 8 seconds between the off/on

Can you elaborate on this point ? I don't really understand... maybe there is a remaining bug ?
                I think I have to toggle them with your new plugin so they get reported correctly.

In the last example I turned off with the 'simple' scene (the one that I didn't program through your plugin) and turned on through scene that was created with your plugin.

Here is a good example where I turned off and on with scene that's created with your plugin. It's working perfectly!

Code:
                Apr-24 01:33:45	 	PLCBUS Device	Device [138-M6] status set to [On]
                Apr-24 01:33:45	 	PLCBUS Device	Device [138-H14] status set to [On]
                Apr-24 01:33:45	 	PLCBUS Device	Device [138-H9] status set to [On]
                Apr-24 01:33:45	 	PLCBUS Device	Device [138-G15] status set to [On]
                Apr-24 01:33:45	 	PLCBUS Device	Device [138-G16] status set to [On]
                Apr-24 01:33:45	 	PLCBUS Device	Device [138-O10] status set to [On]
                Apr-24 01:33:45	 	PLCBUS Device	Device [138-P4] status set to [On]
                Apr-24 01:33:45	 	Device Control	Device: 1 Outside Scene : Outside Night Lights (slow) to On (101) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                Apr-24 01:33:42	 	PLCBUS Device	Device [138-M6] status set to [Off]
                Apr-24 01:33:42	 	PLCBUS Device	Device [138-H14] status set to [Off]
                Apr-24 01:33:42	 	PLCBUS Device	Device [138-H9] status set to [Off]
                Apr-24 01:33:42	 	PLCBUS Device	Device [138-G15] status set to [Off]
                Apr-24 01:33:42	 	PLCBUS Device	Device [138-G16] status set to [Off]
                Apr-24 01:33:42	 	PLCBUS Device	Device [138-O10] status set to [Off]
                Apr-24 01:33:41	 	PLCBUS Device	Device [138-P4] status set to [Off]
                Apr-24 01:33:41	 	Device Control	Device: 1 Outside Scene : Outside Night Lights (slow) to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

Comment

OK. Thanks for your report.

Tomorrow I will work to optimize some other code that use the HomeSeer API to iterate devices...

JMJ
                  --
                  stipus

Comment

OK. Thanks for your report.

Tomorrow I will work to optimize some other code that use the HomeSeer API to iterate devices...

JMJ
                    That is awesome, thanks a lot stipus.

Comment

Post your code that iterates the devices, I bet I can tell you how to speed it up. It should be instant
                      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I did send the code via email.
                        stipus
                        --
                        stipus

Comment

Btw stipus, the last plugin that you sent one (the one with will build separate 'database' of scenes) does not work for programming scenes, so I'm reverting back to the previous (official) version.

Also, while I'm troubleshooting addresses in my house, I ran PLCBUS tools 'clear all scenes' and this showed up in the log:

Code:
                          Posting back to plugin web page Tools: Cannot wait for ack on a command with no ack feedback requested bit(138) L2 AllSceneAddressErase Data1:0 Data2:0 Tx:False AckReq:False Ack:False IDreq:False Id:False 3PhReq:True RiscOK:False PlcBusOK:False-> Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.PostBackProc(String page, String data, String user, Int32 userRights) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc(StateObject& state, String Data)
                          I think it's supposed to be processed by the plugin to show in the Tools tab? Because while I was doing the commands, I didn't get any text feedback at all.

Comment

I don't understand why scene programming would not work... I didn't touch scene programming code at all... I'll double check this problem.

I will also check the error you reported with tools.
                            --
                            stipus

Comment

Here is (attached) a new version of the plugin.

- The bug you reported with PlcBus Tools is fixed.
                              - I have tested Scene Programming for 1/2 hour on several scenes, and I can confirm it works fine.

Tell me if everything is fixed on your side.

Best regards,
                              Attached Files
                              --
                              stipus

Comment

Here is (attached) a new version of the plugin.

- The bug you reported with PlcBus Tools is fixed.
                                - I have tested Scene Programming for 1/2 hour on several scenes, and I can confirm it works fine.

Tell me if everything is fixed on your side.

Best regards,
                                Thanks, I will test it tomorrow morning. Right now there are too many required night lights on that would mess up the scene testing.

Comment

Working...
                                X