Update failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update failed

Quick question: when trying to update from 3.1.3.1 to (3.1.3.2) the update always fails.
    "Install/Update of package SqueezeBox failed."

I've tired it with plugin enabled and disabled.
    Any thoughts?
    TIA
    Tom
    baby steps...starting again with HS3
    HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
    HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
    Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
    In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
    System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

does the hs3 log contain more details about the issue?

Comment

This was on the Plugin Page:

WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from SqueezeBox - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshe

Log says:

<table class="log_table_row" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="LogDateLong LogDateTime1" colspan="1" style=" white-space: nowrap;" align="left">Aug-25 9:53:09 PM </td><td class="LogPri1" colspan="1" align="left"> </td><td class="LogType1" colspan="3" align="left"> Warning </td><td class="LogEntry1" colspan="8" align="left"> Cannot access remote plugin SqueezeBox </td></tr> </tbody></table> <table class="log_table_row" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr> <td class="LogDateLong LogDateTime0" colspan="1" style=" white-space: nowrap;" align="left"> Aug-25 9:53:04 PM </td><td class="LogPri0" colspan="1" align="left"> </td><td class="LogType0" colspan="3" align="left"> Warning </td><td class="LogEntry0" colspan="8" align="left"> In InitSingleIOPlugin: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. </td></tr> </tbody></table> <table class="log_table_row" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr> <td class="LogDateLong LogDateTime1" colspan="1" style=" white-space: nowrap;" align="left"> Aug-25 9:53:04 PM </td><td class="LogPri1" colspan="1" align="left"> </td><td class="LogType1" colspan="3" align="left"> Updater </td><td class="LogEntry1" colspan="8" align="left"> Re-initializing plugin after update. </td></tr> </tbody></table> <table class="log_table_row" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr> <td class="LogDateLong LogDateTime0" colspan="1" style=" white-space: nowrap;" align="left"> Aug-25 9:53:04 PM </td><td class="LogPri0" colspan="1" align="left"> </td><td class="LogType0" colspan="3" align="left"> Updater </td><td class="LogEntry0" colspan="8" align="left"> Install/Update of package SqueezeBox failed. </td></tr> </tbody></table> <table class="log_table_row" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr> <td class="LogDateLong LogDateTime1" colspan="1" style=" white-space: nowrap;" align="left"> Aug-25 9:53:04 PM </td><td class="LogPri1" colspan="1" align="left"> </td><td class="LogType1" colspan="3" align="left"> Updater Error </td><td class="LogEntry1" colspan="8" align="left"> Installation of package SqueezeBox failed. Try disabling the plugin first, then re-try the update. </td></tr> </tbody></table> <table class="log_table_row" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr> <td class="LogDateLong LogDateTime0" colspan="1" style=" white-space: nowrap;" align="left"> Aug-25 9:53:04 PM </td><td class="LogPri0" colspan="1" align="left"> </td><td class="LogType0" colspan="3" align="left"> Updater Error </td><td class="LogEntry0" colspan="8" align="left"> Copying source to C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\hspi_squeezebox.exe, detailed error: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\hspi_squeezebox.exe' because it is being used by another process. </td></tr> </tbody></table> <table class="log_table_row" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr> <td class="LogDateLong LogDateTime1" colspan="1" style=" white-space: nowrap;" align="left"> Aug-25 9:53:03 PM </td><td class="LogPri1" colspan="1" align="left"> </td><td class="LogType1" colspan="3" align="left"> Updater </td><td class="LogEntry1" colspan="8" align="left"> Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\hspi_squeezebox.exe </td></tr> </tbody></table> <table class="log_table_row" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr> <td class="LogDateLong LogDateTime0" colspan="1" style=" white-space: nowrap;" align="left"> Aug-25 9:52:56 PM </td><td class="LogPri0" colspan="1" align="left"> </td><td class="LogType0" colspan="3" align="left"> Updater </td><td class="LogEntry0" colspan="8" align="left"> Installing package SqueezeBox </td></tr> </tbody></table> <table class="log_table_row" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr> <td class="LogDateLong LogDateTime1" colspan="1" style=" white-space: nowrap;" align="left"> Aug-25 9:52:56 PM </td><td class="LogPri1" colspan="1" align="left"> </td><td class="LogType1" colspan="3" align="left"> Updater </td><td class="LogEntry1" colspan="8" align="left"> Update hspi_squeezebox.exe downloaded successfully </td></tr> </tbody></table> <table class="log_table_row" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr> <td class="LogDateLong LogDateTime0" colspan="1" style=" white-space: nowrap;" align="left"> Aug-25 9:52:49 PM </td><td class="LogPri0" colspan="1" align="left"> </td><td class="LogType0" colspan="3" align="left"> Updater </td><td class="LogEntry0" colspan="8" align="left"> Downloading update: SqueezeBox </td></tr></tbody></table>
      Originally posted by pcp View Post
      does the hs3 log contain more details about the issue?
      Tom

Comment

Sorry for the second post:
        I did disable the plugin first and try install, but still the same.
        Tom

Comment

Can you try to restart hs3 maybe with the plugin disabled. Something is still using / locking the plugin (hs3, virus scanner, not sure). A few times, I used an app called unlocked to help me determine who is locking a file.

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
            Can you try to restart hs3 maybe with the plugin disabled. Something is still using / locking the plugin (hs3, virus scanner, not sure). A few times, I used an app called unlocked to help me determine who is locking a file.
            This is what I had to do - it installed fine then.

Comment

I get this every time too. My workaround is to disable the plugin, rename the hspi_squezebox.exe and the try the update again.

Comment

I check and believe there was a bugzilla opened around this a while back. The weird thing is that it looks like the plugin process is gone, just that hs3 is still locking the exe.

Comment

I was able to reproduce it and similar to what I saw way back. HS3 is still locking the hspi_suqeezebox.exe, i.e. it has a handle to the executable even after the plugin did shutdown (the process does not exist anymore). I checked this will unlocker.exe and to unlock it it kills hs3.exe. Will need to further investigate and contact HS.

Comment

Thank you so much for following up on this.

Sent from my iPhone
                    Tom

Comment

I created bugzilla 2951 (http://bugzilla.homeseer.com/bugzill....cgi?id=2951); I needs HS's help to get to the bottom of this one.

Comment

i believe I found the issue and testing a fix/workaround before releasing it.

Comment

That's good news. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                          X