Garage Door sensor causing event to run twice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garage Door sensor causing event to run twice

I have two garage doors with magnetic switches hooked to wireless sensors. I have events running when each door opens. Door 1 works fine, Door 2 always runs the event twice. I turned logging on for the zone that triggers twice in HS3 to see what is going on. I don't get anything in the log. So I can't tell if the zone is faulting twice. Any thoughts?

Fun o Rama

Some sensor have a fault in multiple triggers ... I have a MyQ opener that double triggers every time it opens..... Create a filter to only see one event ... For hard wired devices this can be a pain unless the controller has a denounce routine.... I presume yours are wireless..... Then try changing the angle of the sensor mounting to prevent bouncing...

Comment

Originally posted by simonmason View Post
      I have two garage doors with magnetic switches hooked to wireless sensors. I have events running when each door opens. Door 1 works fine, Door 2 always runs the event twice. I turned logging on for the zone that triggers twice in HS3 to see what is going on. I don't get anything in the log. So I can't tell if the zone is faulting twice. Any thoughts?
      If you can't figure out how to change the trigger behavior, change the event. In the options area at the bottom of every event there is a "Cannot re-run for (time)" that you could set for 10 seconds or something.

Comment

Thanks, I added the cannot rerun and all is fine.

Comment

Working...
        X