Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to convert the analog voltage bit # from SECU16 into a voltage value in HS?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to convert the analog voltage bit # from SECU16 into a voltage value in HS?

Bran-Newbie here, I’m stuck! I can get the bit number (0-255) into HS from the analog input of a SECU-16 representing 0-5 volts but, and now for the incompetent part, where in HS can I enter in the conversion formula (variable# divided by 51.2) to display the voltage value and save it to disk?

Thanks!
    Tom

To display the converted value you'll need to put it either in an asp page or in the devicestring of a virtual device. Either way it will have to be through scripting, as far as I know there isn't any way to convert the number diplayed on the pages generated by HS. You would do the actual conversions about the same way.

Volts = hs.DeviceValueByName("Ocelot Variable 66")/51.2
    or
    Volts = cpuxa.getpoint(1,12)/51.2

hope that helps
    jim

Comment

Thanks Jim! I can see that I’m getting a little ahead of myself. I guess I got so excited about getting all this working together that I assumed there would be an easy fix for a beginner. Now I see it’s time to dive deeper into the second half of the manual.

Tom

Comment

I knew there was a reason I was having so much trouble figuring this stuff out!

I'm impressed... even with just the first half!

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

(see profile for environment)

Comment

Working...
        X