Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've disabled the test board, it doesn't seem to have an impact on the total CPU usage.

I restarted the HS3 server yesterday, so here is the CPU usage after 18 hours:

It wasn't like this in the beginning, but it's been like this for a while.
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Version 1.0.0.122 Output problem

Hello Greig,

I have updated de plugin to beta version 122.
      after the update i uploaded the new sketch to the arduino, but ethernet would not connect anymore. when i deleted the board and added a new one, connection was succesful.
      When i started adding output pins, i could only add 10 pins, with the next one i got the error message "A maximum of 40 Outputs can be added to each board.".
      Do you have a solution for this?"

Tnx
      Ron

Comment

Fixed in V.123.
        You can use the old Sketch with this build.

Greig
        Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
        X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
        Scripts =
        Various

Comment

Fixed

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
          Fixed in V.123.
          You can use the old Sketch with this build.

Greig
          Hello Greig,

Wow what a fast fix!!! Its working.
          Many tnx

Ron

Comment

Version 123

I have several of the NodeMCU devices sitting around so I installed your latest version on one. I'm able to connect Homeseer to the device and it polls the one input pin, a door sensor when it first connects. It does not appear to poll the device again unless I have HomeSeer disconnect and then reconnect.

The led on the NodeMCU turns On and Off with the opening and closing of the sensor so I'm assuming it it correctly identifying the state of the sensor

I just noticed that on my Arduino Mega, Version 123 does not correctly report the correct status of inputs greater than 11.
            Last edited by jim@beersman.com; September 3, 2016, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jim@beersman.com View Post
              I have several of the NodeMCU devices sitting around so I installed your latest version on one. I'm able to connect Homeseer to the device and it polls the one input pin, a door sensor when it first connects. It does not appear to poll the device again unless I have HomeSeer disconnect and then reconnect.

The led on the NodeMCU turns On and Off with the opening and closing of the sensor so I'm assuming it it correctly identifying the state of the sensor

I just noticed that on my Arduino Mega, Version 123 does not correctly report the correct status of inputs greater than 11.
              Hi Jim,

Yes this is a known problem in the sketch that I have spent many hrs trying to find this bug but just can not pin it down. There is support for NodeMCU in the plugin but I would like to get inputs working before launching this.
              If you have any clues as to a fix for this then please do speak up.
              Greig.
              Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
              Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
              Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
              Scripts =
              Various

Comment

Version 123

Hi Jim,

Yes this is a known problem in the sketch that I have spent many hrs trying to find this bug but just can not pin it down. There is support for NodeMCU in the plugin but I would like to get inputs working before launching this.
                If you have any clues as to a fix for this then please do speak up.
                Greig.
                Greig, one thing I noticed in the debug log file is that it shows Board Type as 0 even though the Sketch has the Board Type defined as 2. I don't know what that will affect but it was something I noticed.

SKETCH

/********************************************************
                Arduino to Homeseer 3 Plugin written by Enigma Theatre.
                V1.0.0.122
                *******Do not Change any values below*******************
                */

//Global Variables
                #define ISIP 1
                #define BoardType 2
                const byte BoardAdd = 1;
                byte Byte1, Byte2, Byte3;
                unsigned int Byte4, Byte5;
                char* Version = "1.0.0.122";
                bool IsConnected = false;

DEBUG LOG FILE

************************************************************ ****************************
                Arduino Plugin Version = 1.0.0.123

*************************************Homeseer*************** ****************************
                Homeseer Version = 3.0.0.297
                Homeseer IP = 192.168.1.88
                OS Version = Microsoft Windows 10 Home (6.2.9200.0)

*************************************Plugins**************** ****************************
                Plug-In List, Arduino Plugin: is currently enabled.

**************************************Setup***************** ****************************
                Ref = 176 | Address = Arduino, Board:1 advancedeth = 1, autoconnect = 1, boardno = 1, boardtype = 0, comport = 1001, debounce = 30, index = 1, ipaddress = 192.168.1.60, macaddress = 00:AA:BB:CCE:01, port = 8900, type = Board,
                Ref = 177 | Address = Arduino, Board:1, Input:1 boardno = 1, index = 1, key = I, pin = 2, pinkey = I, type = Input,
                Board: 1, Board index: 176, Comport = 1001
                Last edited by jim@beersman.com; September 4, 2016, 10:53 AM.

Comment

CPU-usage again!

I've upgraded to .124 and I've replaced the original Arduino board with an Arduino MEGA. That helped. First of all I was able to install the sketch without problems, and it seems to be stable. The Ethernet shield is the same, though (might try to upgrade that too).

The upgrade to .124 didn't seem to do much, but the upgrade to a Mega board seem to help. The average CPU usage for the server went from 22-23% to 16-18% (when the plugin is disabled it is down to 10-12, though).

Overall much better, but it it's still far from what others experience.

Just a quick question though: How do the plugin find the devices to update? If it's looping through the entire database when updating device status, that is typically a good way slow down a plugin (I do this mistake when developing my own plugins, as it works fine on my dev computer which has a HS3 installation with only a few devices. My HS3 server has almost 900 devices.)
                  HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                    CPU-usage again!

I've upgraded to .124 and I've replaced the original Arduino board with an Arduino MEGA. That helped. First of all I was able to install the sketch without problems, and it seems to be stable. The Ethernet shield is the same, though (might try to upgrade that too).

The upgrade to .124 didn't seem to do much, but the upgrade to a Mega board seem to help. The average CPU usage for the server went from 22-23% to 16-18% (when the plugin is disabled it is down to 10-12, though).

Overall much better, but it it's still far from what others experience.

Just a quick question though: How do the plugin find the devices to update? If it's looping through the entire database when updating device status, that is typically a good way slow down a plugin (I do this mistake when developing my own plugins, as it works fine on my dev computer which has a HS3 installation with only a few devices. My HS3 server has almost 900 devices.)
                    Moskus,

I am not seeing this and have not had reports of this but will have a look in to it. The only time the plugin looks for device info in a loop is when the plugin config page loads to get all the up to date info.

What I/O are you using and how many boards?

Greig.
                    Scripts =
                    Various

Comment

What I/O are you using and how many boards?
                      Just one board using pins 2,3,5 and 6 as output.
                      Just to be sure, I've removed the board and re-added it. Same issue. I don't really notice a CPU usage drop when I disconnect the board.

What makes this really weird, is that I also see a drop in the CPU usage of my netcam server, running Netcam Studio! That one I can't explain, but I have confirmed it again, just to be sure.

Are there any broadcasting going on? (I don't think so, but I really can't explain what I'm seeing).

Comment

As the summer is now officially over, I removed the board just to test. The Arduino plugin still behaved like it did before (and as described earlier).

This is weird!
                        Is the plugin doing some port scanning or anything else network related? It's the only thing I can think of.

I disabled the plugin just ot see what happened. Guess when:

Comment

As the summer is now officially over, I removed the board just to test. The Arduino plugin still behaved like it did before (and as described earlier).

This is weird!
                          Is the plugin doing some port scanning or anything else network related? It's the only thing I can think of.

I disabled the plugin just ot see what happened. Guess when:

What Version of the plugin are you running as I did have a stab at a fix for this for you but I can not replicate it so it is hard to find.

Greig.
                          Scripts =
                          Various

Comment

Hey! I'm on .124 still! I'm not getting used to beta's not showing as updates, but I do understand why...

I'll try that, thanks!

And thanks for sticking with me. I know it's a pain trying to debug issues you can't replicate.

Comment

Wow, I'm impressed! It's looking good so far!

Comment

Wow, I'm impressed! It's looking good so far!
                                Good News. Fingers crossed it has fixed it for you.

Greig.
                                Scripts =
                                Various

Comment

Working...
                                X