Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video - New HomeSeer HS-LS100+ Leak Sensor Crazy Behavior!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a slow lag getting it to report a leak, now you got me worried just order three, they are very similar to fibaro. I will be doing more testing but the only way I could get it to fire an event was leak in an unknown area, why this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey guys,

I have a different problem. I tried installing a sensor in non-secure mode this morning and see fewer devices that expected, and no root device. Adding the device reported 8 of 8 child devices created.

My ZWave plugin is 3.0.1.130.

[IMG]file:///C:/capture.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by chiphead View Post
        I had a slow lag getting it to report a leak, now you got me worried just order three, they are very similar to fibaro. I will be doing more testing but the only way I could get it to fire an event was leak in an unknown area, why this?
        Did you add it secure? I would highly recommend adding these non secure as this will extend the battery and speed up communications. Z-Wave is a secure protocol so the added security isn't needed in this case.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Guys, this looks like a good source for batteries. See this post.

https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...51&postcount=7

Comment

Jean - Sorry to see you're having trouble with our new sensor. I grabbed one to test a moment ago and it's working fine for me... here's a quick vid:

https://youtu.be/l0kxTHcuuJ0

Did you get any errors when including it into the system? In my case, I added it "un-securely" (non-securely?) to help preserve the battery life. Secure "S0" mode actually sends 3 packets each time it communicates back to the controller.

I'll try adding it securely and I'll repeat the test and post back here.

Comment

OK, I removed it and re-included it "normally" (securely). Works the same as non-securely.

Jean - You appear to have a defective unit! Please contact our customer service folks to initiate and replacement. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Comment

ALSO... I would recommend updating to the latest beta of the Z-Wave plug-in. That way, you won't have to mess with parameters... you can just use the settings instead. Here is what the unit is set to by default. Note that the "Device Moved Notification" is disabled by default, again to preserve battery life. If you enable it, it does work just fine. I tested that too!
                Attached Files

Comment

I did not get any errors at all in adding it once I took out the battery that it shipped with (discovered that the battery was almost dead when under load). I wired it to a power supply and it enrolled perfectly (secure). I now know that I will prefer non-secure to conserve battery life and time for response.

What you show in the video is EXACTLY what I want and what I had expected. I will do one more test when I get back home with the external sensor probes and see if that makes a difference. I also ordered some new batteries for this device as I plan to have 6 when I confirm that I can get them all working as I expect.

I do have a few questions.

1 - Have you been able to get the shock sensor to ever report back to HomeSeer when the device is moved (I know that this has to be enabled on the parameter)

2 - As far as a heartbeat goes for this device to know it is alive, is using the temperature value ever 12 hours ok? Is there a better heartbeat method?

3 - The device should always report immediately (within seconds) of contact with water right? And it should STAY reporting a leak while in contact with water and only go back to No Event when it is no longer in contact with water right? Both of these are reported immediately and are not based on time intervals correct?

Here is the log of it enrolling (it created 1 root device and 8 child devices)

HomeSeer Tech Notification Sensor (Root)

Water Notification (Child That Reports Leak Status)
                  Temperature (Child That Reports Temperature)
                  Battery (Child That Reports Battery Level)

Sensor Binary Water (Has Never Updated Or Changed State)
                  Sensor Binary Tamper (Has Never Updated Or Changed State)
                  Sensor Binary Heat (Has Never Updated Or Changed State)
                  Sensor Binary Freeze (Has Never Updated Or Changed State)
                  Heat Notification (Has Never Updated Or Changed State)

So of the 8 Child devices, only 3 ever get anything that I can tell.

---------------
                  Dec-18 10:05:13 PM Z-Wave Device: Z-Wave Node 12 Battery Set to 100

Dec-18 10:05:05 PM Z-Wave 8 out of 8 Child devices of node 12 were created successfully.

Dec-18 10:05:04 PM Z-Wave Setting wake-up interval for device Z-Wave Node 12 HomeSeer Tech Notification Sensor to 0 hours and 20 minutes.

Dec-18 10:05:04 PM Z-Wave Programming device Z-Wave Node 12 HomeSeer Tech Notification Sensor (12) to send wake-up notifications to HomeSeer.

Dec-18 10:05:02 PM Z-Wave Getting association information for Z-Wave Node 12 HomeSeer Tech Notification Sensor

Dec-18 10:05:02 PM Z-Wave Assigning return route from node 1 to Z-Wave Node 12 HomeSeer Tech Notification Sensor

Dec-18 10:05:01 PM Z-Wave Z-NET - Kitchen: Adding association for Z-Wave device Z-Wave Node 12 HomeSeer Tech Notification Sensor (Node 12, Group 1) to HomeSeer

Dec-18 10:05:01 PM Z-Wave Root Node Device Z-Wave Node 12 HomeSeer Tech Notification Sensor was created for node 12 on network CB78CCF3

Dec-18 10:05:01 PM Z-Wave All associations for node 12 have been retrieved successfully, it supports associations on these groups: 1, 2.

Dec-18 10:05:01 PM Z-Wave Node 12 Association Group 2 can have 5 associations, and currently has 0

Dec-18 10:05:01 PM Z-Wave Node 12 Association Group 1 can have 5 associations, and currently has 0

Dec-18 10:05:00 PM Z-Wave Getting association information for node 12

Dec-18 10:04:59 PM Z-Wave Node 12 is a V2 Binary Sensor. Supported Sensors: Heat, Water, Freeze, Tamper

Dec-18 10:04:56 PM Z-Wave Node 12 supports the Wake-Up Command Class Version 2 - Capabilities were retrieved successfully.

Dec-18 10:04:55 PM Z-Wave Node 12 is a Z-Wave Plus node. Retrieving ZWPlus Info...

Dec-18 10:04:55 PM Z-Wave Node 12 is Z-Wave version: Lib: 4.61 App: 1.2

Dec-18 10:04:54 PM Z-Wave Node: 12 Supports Secure Class(es): VERSION_V2, ASSOCIATION_V2, ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO_V2, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC_V2, DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY, POWERLEVEL, BATTERY, NOTIFICATION_V6, WAKE_UP, CONFIGURATION_V4, SUPERVISION, SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_V7, SENSOR_BINARY, FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD_V2

Dec-18 10:04:54 PM Z-Wave Node: 12 Supports Class(es): ZWAVEPLUS_INFO, ASSOCIATION_V2, ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO_V2, TRANSPORT_SERVICE, VERSION_V2, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC_V2, DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY, POWERLEVEL, BATTERY, SECURITY, SECURITY_2, NOTIFICATION_V6, WAKE_UP, CONFIGURATION_V4, SUPERVISION, SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_V7, SENSOR_BINARY, FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD_V2

Dec-18 10:04:54 PM Z-Wave Received information on 14 secure command classes from node 12

Dec-18 10:04:54 PM Z-Wave Getting SECURITY class information for node 12

Dec-18 10:04:54 PM Z-Wave Z-Wave Security Scheme and Key Exchange was successful for node 12, now waiting for the device to finish storing information before proceeding...

Dec-18 10:04:54 PM Z-Wave Security device (Node 12) is verified as operating securely in this network.

Dec-18 10:04:53 PM Z-Wave Negotiating or Verifying SECURITY SCHEME for node 12

Dec-18 10:04:53 PM Z-Wave Z-Wave manufacturer information for node 12, ID: 12=CH (HomeSeer Tech), Type: 513=201H, ID: 10=AH

Dec-18 10:04:52 PM Z-Wave Synchronize nodes finished. Number of device nodes to be created/added = 1

Dec-18 10:04:52 PM Z-Wave Done. Node 12 Added.
                  ---------------
                  ---------------------------------------------------
                  Jean-Marie G. Vaneskahian
                  jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

Originally posted by jeanv View Post
                    1 - Have you been able to get the shock sensor to ever report back to HomeSeer when the device is moved (I know that this has to be enabled on the parameter)
                    Yes, this works if you move the sensor
                    2 - As far as a heartbeat goes for this device to know it is alive, is using the temperature value ever 12 hours ok? Is there a better heartbeat method?
                    We don't have a 'heartbeat' function in the unit. I'm not sure which values are logged... so can't say for sure if temp monitoring will work.
                    3 - The device should always report immediately (within seconds) of contact with water right? And it should STAY reporting a leak while in contact with water and only go back to No Event when it is no longer in contact with water right? Both of these are reported immediately and are not based on time intervals correct?
                    My video was a 'real-time' enactment of the process. Yes, these conditions are reported immediately and are not based on a timer.

As I indicated, you may have a defective unit. If you want to continue testing that, I can't stop you but... my recommendation would be to swap it!

Comment

Will do I will swap it out. Thanks for your help with this and answering my questions about the device!
                      Jean-Marie G. Vaneskahian
                      jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

Originally posted by jeanv View Post
                        Will do I will swap it out. Thanks for your help with this and answering my questions about the device!
                        no problem. I hope you have much better luck with the replacement!

Comment

Working...
                        X