No announcement yet.

Fibaro Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's silly how exciting it is to see things working exactly as you always expected them too - Vera certainly shattered our expectations...

I'm hoping to resume more testing this weekend, will have to look into the second channel issue you encountered I had not noticed that.

Comment

Originally posted by NickTheGreat View Post
      I'm another Vera ex-pat here.

Vera is a toy plastic hammer, and Homeseer is a gas-powered jackhammer.

Originally posted by onepointbrewing View Post
      This is EXACTLY what it is like..... I just wanna post this on the Vera Forum to get all those poor people to emigrate.

VVVVVVVV happy I jumped ship

I've just done it

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.p...html#msg390399

Comment

Originally posted by Tillsy View Post
        I've just done it
        That is one of the best write ups and most accurate i have seen in a while.

I am interested in how you have Vera talking to HomeSeer, as i have been trying for days to get HS to recognise sceneID values sent from my Fibaro dimmer 2 (FGD-212) during double and triple clicks with no luck at all.
        When i wired my house and installed switches, i took this into account, so it may be a deal breaker.

I have thought about using a Vera-zwave device and attach its load to another HS-zwave switch input and vice versa to cross talk, but this will get expensive, complicated and messy.

I started on a PC to test and have also moved over to a Raspberry Pi Linux, with fantastic results except for the above problem.

Comment

Originally posted by pricey1985@hotmail.com View Post
          That is one of the best write ups and most accurate i have seen in a while.
          Thanks mate - there was so much more I wanted to say, but I did' want to come across as too much of a prick

I am interested in how you have Vera talking to HomeSeer
          I did a lot of stuffing around to find the exact sequence that finally worked, the winning combination was nothing more than:
          Gave the Vera a factory reset so she had a clean slate to receive HomeSeer's data
          Next I put HomeSeer into Z-Wave inclusion mode
          Then on Vera Settings > Z-Wave > Advanced > Copy Z-Wave network from a primary Vera

This paired Vera to HomeSeer as a Z-Wave "controller" - it seems like that's the end of it, but leave it for a few minutes. Just walk away, let it be. After a while, HomeSeer's devices suddenly appear on Vera - all generic so you then have to turn each one on to work out what it is and name accordingly, but at least they work. Only around 40% of devices came across unfortunately, sadly missing one I really wanted, but was at least enough to work for me.

i have been trying for days to get HS to recognise sceneID values sent from my Fibaro dimmer 2 (FGD-212) during double and triple clicks with no luck at all.
          Hmmmm, I haven't had a need to do this - in a couple of cases where there was literally no way to wire an extra light switch due to my upstairs floor I simply used the spare input on a couple of Fibaro dimmers (an incredibly difficult task on Vera, but with HomeSeer it presented that extra input straight out the box!).

But my understanding is that once you've configured the necessary parameters on the Fibaro itself that you create corresponding Z-wave "scenes" (confusing as former Vera users, but in no way related to normal scenes or events as they are called in HomeSeer). I believe once you've created Z-wave scenes to match up with the Fibaro scenes then you can then make use of them in events?

Comment

Thanks, I'll be trying to link Vera to homeseer, sounds way to easy, although Vera is still controlling 75% of my house so I'm a long way off being able to factory reset.

Scenes definitely have me confused, in zwave scenes when I select my dimmer device it says I have selected one that does not support scenes, that's after changing the parameters.

I have seen some screen shots of supported scene devices which have different settings under the device-zwave-setting tab that I don't have.

In the latest zwave update notes specifically state they have added support for these devices, so I may have to talk to support.

Comment

Purely because I started posting about my journey here, I'll quickly finish it here.

The device that adding Vera into HomeSeer didn't bring across that I really wanted for my AutomationBridge product to then integrate into HomeKit were my blinds.

So I created a couple of scenes in Vera that invoke JSON URL GET commands to HomeSeer that trigger my blinds. I then set my AutomationBridge to integrate those into HomeKit.

Thus when I say "Hey Siri open blinds" it goes from my Apple Watch > iPhone > iCloud > AutomationBridge > trigger scene on Vera > scene on Vera fires off JASON URL GET to HomeSeer > HomeSeer opens the blinds.

Likewise for closing blinds.

Done. Happy for now until the AutomationBridge developer can look into supporting HomeSeer direct - have provided him all the information I've learned for extracting information for and controlling devices and events with HomeSeer.

I've now ordered a Pi 3 B+, SD card (pro), Z-Wave.ME UZB, case, power supply, etc - so current temporary setup is working an absolute dream until I migrate to the final hardware.

Thanks for letting me use your thread LOL

Comment

Working...
              X