No announcement yet.

Sonoff Basic Wifi Garage MQTT configuration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being a bit paranoid about the garage door added two 3 wire sentrol switches to two doors.

This and the rest of the stuff there is hardwired to the Leviton Omni Pro 2 combo panel.

Never touched any of the built in to the GDO security stuff except for the radio antenna and repeater to my Homelink stuff. Autos are tagged with the RFID stuff.

Originally here did a closed loop between 3rd wires and remote push button of the GDO hard wired to the panel.
    Last edited by Pete; June 16, 2018, 01:14 PM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

What is nice about Node Red is that it tells you if you make errors with the configs. It is very intuitve.. IE...When installing the Node Red Mosquitto broker..it told me that I was already running a Mosquitto broker such that I removed Mosquitto long math wise and just letting Node Red manage Mosquitto.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

There are two versions of mcsTasmota. http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsTasmota.zip and http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsTasmota6.zip

The first is 5.9.13 and contains all mods that I have made to Tasmota including the latest optimizations for irrigation. The second is 6.0.1 which has only irrigation logic built upon Tasmota 6.0.0a.

Initially I had difficulty flashing between 5.x and 6.x as I lost my SSID and other settings. When trying to recreate the failure modes it always worked.

I had both running overnight and many iterations of reflashing today and they both are very stable for me.

5.9.13 is under 512K so can be reflashed directly OTA. 6.0.1 is over 512K so it needs to be done in a two step process where the first is to flash the minimal and the second to flash the full one. Both binaries are included in the zip files.

I did update the manual in the last section about firmware. I also added the feature where setting the irrigation schedule can be done with one command that applies to all relays. This can be used when they all have the same on, off, or start times.

Comment

Thank you Michael. Did the upgrades via OTA.
          No issues via OTA.

[ATTACH]69372[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]69374[/ATTACH]

Doing Sonoff-2 in a few minutes. Sucess with no issues on the SonOff-2 device.

Curious what:

Flash write Count 323 at FA000
          Boot Count 252

means.

Is there an end of life for the flash?
          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

A little help

I hope I'm not hijacking this thread, but I could use a little help

I have a Sonoff 4Ch Pro that I'm trying to control and have gotten as far as having it faithfully reporting changes on the Sonoff, but I can't control it. I've gone over Michael's instructions but can't get any farther.

Is there anything that stands out? I suspect I screwed up the Outbound end of it.

Thanks

Sorry for the sloppy images
            Attached Files
            Don

Comment

Guessing you clicked on the Reference number and did the tweaks that show up on that page eh?

[ATTACH]69378[/ATTACH]

Note this picture is for the garage door button switch which I have not configured yet.
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Yeah, this is what I ended up with after going over taylormia's Garage Door tutorial.
                Attached Files
                Don

Comment

Your publish command is wrong...I just followed Michaels document and the power on and off works on my Sonoff Wifi Basic.

Change it to this:

IrrigationWater1/cmnd/POWER1

[power]69382[/attach]
                  Attached Files
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I started a new thread for irrigation at https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1370541. It provides specific examples and the discussion can continue on that thread.

I did notice that the template that was shown for topic with replacement variables does not have any "/" in the pattern. It will work that way, but likely not what you want.

Don, at this point I am not clear as to what is working and not working for you. Can you establish a baseline in the other thread? I suspect part of you difficulty is with how Tasmota is configured. I do not use the prefix (cmnd/stat/tele) for the MQTT topic. If you look closely at the figures in the irrigation chapter to the mcsMQTT that should help you with the Tasmota configuration. The other guide was good from a ground zero setup, but you are now at application-specific issues.

Comment

Working...
                    X