This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by macromark View Post
    Pretty sure Rich was talking about the backbone of the system, the 'brains'... not just specific tech... but I think you know that. We leverage the cloud where we can (Zigbee, IFTTT, Amazon Alexa, Google Home, etc).
    Yeah, but that is also what makes it strange...

Sure, I can understand that IFTTT, Alexa and Google Home are depending on an internet connection. But that HomeSeer Tech actively chose a technology for controlling local Zigbee that also requires an internet connection is a bit strange. Especially since JowiHue does a fantastic job with local control, using either the Hue hub or the (better) deCONZ interfaces.

I'm sure you can understand my point of view too...
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

ok if anyone is interested and i apologise hijacking the thread a bit. i have uploaded my Smartthings connectivity code to github.

first add the following device handler available here to smartthings.

then create a new device and select this device handler. in the device settings specify the internal IP address of your homeseer server and the web port.

next add all the 5 smartapps available here

at the moment you can send Contact/Motion/Presence & Switch Statuses to Homeseer devices.

so to do this create a new device in homeseer and for Status ensure that the homeseer device has these values

Switch
      0 = Off
      100 = On

Contact & Motion
      0=Closed/NoMotion
      1=Open/Motion

Presence
      0=Away
      1=Home

Then take note of the Homeseer Reference Id

then just go into the smartthings app for example and install an instance of the Contact Sensor to HS3 App and select the Contact sensor which you want to send the status of, select the Homeseer HS3 device and specify the Homeseer Device ID.

then just open/close the sensor and you will see that the status of the virtual device is updated.

The Homeseer device handler can be updated to subscribe to more types etc.. quite easily. then you just need a smartapp to initiate the send of the status.

and lastly i have another which will synchronize the switch state between HS3 virtual device and ST, so you can turn on the switch on either platform and the status will be reflected in another.

much the same as the other smartapps however you need to enable oAuth in the smartapp settings. then find the app id and token from the smartapp settings once you have installed it and selected the switch device and specified the HS3 Device Id.

then i create an event in Homeseer where i specify if the homeseer device switch changes off i then run a script or script command and specify and select to execute an immediate script command the following

&hs.URLAction("https://graph-eu01-euwest1.api.smartthings.com/api/smartapps/installations/<AppID>/ST/off?access_token=<Access Token>", "GET", "", "")

and then i create one that triggers when the device turns on and specify

&hs.URLAction("https://graph-eu01-euwest1.api.smartthings.com/api/smartapps/installations/<AppID>/ST/on?access_token=<Access Token>", "GET", "", "")

then you will see that the switch status is kept in sync between HS3 and Smartthings

as stated though the solution is very clunky but i had it all up and running in one afternoon and it worked so well i didn't bother improving/expanding on it as i only used it during the migration to Homeseer.

I have also ported it to Hubitat and i use these purely for my Zigbee contact sensors/motion sensors and switches. again clunky to set up but works very well.

hope it helps you guys.
      Last edited by fuzzysb; June 19, 2018, 04:06 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Is this using the old ST API? I see there is a new REST API that looks pretty easy to work with.

Originally posted by fuzzysb View Post
        ok if anyone is interested and i apologise hijacking the thread a bit. i have uploaded my Smartthings connectivity code to github.

then create a new device and select this device handler. in the device settings specify the internal IP address of your homeseer server and the web port.

at the moment you can send Contact/Motion/Presence & Switch Statuses to Homeseer devices.

so to do this create a new device in homeseer and for Status ensure that the homeseer device has these values

Switch
        0 = Off
        100 = On

Contact & Motion
        0=Closed/NoMotion
        1=Open/Motion

Presence
        0=Away
        1=Home

then just go into the smartthings app for example and install an instance of the Contact Sensor to HS3 App and select the Contact sensor which you want to send the status of, select the Homeseer HS3 device and specify the Homeseer Device ID.

then just open/close the sensor and you will see that the status of the virtual device is updated.

The Homeseer device handler can be updated to subscribe to more types etc.. quite easily. then you just need a smartapp to initiate the send of the status.

and lastly i have another which will synchronize the switch state between HS3 virtual device and ST, so you can turn on the switch on either platform and the status will be reflected in another.

much the same as the other smartapps however you need to enable oAuth in the smartapp settings. then find the app id and token from the smartapp settings once you have installed it and selected the switch device and specified the HS3 Device Id.

then i create an event in Homeseer where i specify if the homeseer device switch changes off i then run a script or script command and specify and select to execute an immediate script command the following

&hs.URLAction("https://graph-eu01-euwest1.api.smartthings.com/api/smartapps/installations/<AppID>/ST/off?access_token=<Access Token>", "GET", "", "")

&hs.URLAction("https://graph-eu01-euwest1.api.smartthings.com/api/smartapps/installations/<AppID>/ST/on?access_token=<Access Token>", "GET", "", "")

then you will see that the switch status is kept in sync between HS3 and Smartthings

as stated though the solution is very clunky but i had it all up and running in one afternoon and it worked so well i didn't bother improving/expanding on it as i only used it during the migration to Homeseer.

I have also ported it to Hubitat and i use these purely for my Zigbee contact sensors/motion sensors and switches. again clunky to set up but works very well.

hope it helps you guys.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

HS3 Build 3.0.0.449 with a fix for controlling color bulbs is available.

With HS3 build 3.0.0.449 you can now set a color in the event action for a color bulb. When selecting the action to set a color, a color picker is presented. This works for Z-Wave and Lightify bulbs and should work with any other technology that sets the "color picker" as the control type.

Builds for software and all controllers is here:

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=181241

Comment

Switch
            0 = Off
            100 = On

Contact & Motion
            0=Closed/NoMotion
            1=Open/Motion

Presence
            0=Away
            1=Home

hope it helps you guys.
            I wrote a plugin to interface with Vera to get Zigbee sensors support with HS.

Honestly I don't know why HS doesn't pick one of the available Zigbee offerings and dig into it. deCONZ is the most popular/supported Zigbee standalone solution currently. Having HS developers supporting the project would be good for everyone and great PR for HomeSeer. It probably comes done to money.

Comment

it is the old API not the new. i've not dabbled in the new because i stopped using ST a long time ago before the new one was implemented.

Comment

it is the old API not the new. i've not dabbled in the new because i stopped using ST a long time ago before the new one was implemented.
                I might be interested in your Hubitat port. I've talked with the Hubitat devs and they are open to an integration.

Comment

its late i will upload my hubitat stuff to github tomorro, will post here once its up

Comment

We posted an update to the zigbee plugin. This one is required if you want to control color bulbs from events.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                      We posted an update to the zigbee plugin. This one is required if you want to control color bulbs from events.

3.0.1.6 has no color selection from events, only the device mgmt screen.

I even restarted HS3 completely.

Comment

You will need to delete the color device and add it back. Also, make sure you update to the latest HS3 I posted.

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
                        3.0.1.6 has no color selection from events, only the device mgmt screen.

I even restarted HS3 completely.

Comment

You will need to delete the color device and add it back. Also, make sure you update to the latest HS3 I posted.
                          'latest HS3' means...435?

Issues with 3.0.1.6...

1. I deleted my 4 devices... then I clicked the button to Create the devices. I didnt realize it had clicked a few times. So now I have 9 devices. And, they are all named the SAME. This doesnt make it easy to identify the devices... imagine if you have 10 or 20, etc

2. When using Polling, Device Status/control section is not updating Color code w/ colored background fill. (See screenshot).

3. Event color picker doesnt work... shows list of #s (see screenshot)

4. Event dropdown to pick device is missing Lightify devices (see screenshots). All devices show up properly in the Device Mgmt screen and on Imperihome plugin screen dropdowns

Please put smarts into the plugin...

a. Do not create multiple devices of the same device.
                          b. Use the names Lightly uses so we can, by default, know what devices are what.
                          c. Don't required us to delete devices and recreate when you make code changes/enhancements. Have the plugin 'replace' existing. This way we don't need to rebuild ALL our Events and UIs.

thanks.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Ltek; June 20, 2018, 12:23 AM.

Comment

No, 449 or later,

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=181241

'latest HS3' means...435?

Issues with 3.0.1.6...

1. I deleted my 4 devices... then I clicked the button to Create the devices. I didnt realize it had clicked a few times. So now I have 9 devices. And, they are all named the SAME. This doesnt make it easy to identify the devices... imagine if you have 10 or 20, etc

2. When using Polling, Device Status/control section is not updating Color code w/ colored background fill. (See screenshot).

3. Event color picker doesnt work... shows list of #s (see screenshot)

4. Event dropdown to pick device is missing Lightify devices (see screenshots). All devices show up properly in the Device Mgmt screen and on Imperihome plugin screen dropdowns

Please put smarts into the plugin...

a. Do not create multiple devices of the same device.
                            b. Use the names Lightly uses so we can, by default, know what devices are what.
                            c. Don't required us to delete devices and recreate when you make code changes/enhancements. Have the plugin 'replace' existing. This way we don't need to rebuild ALL our Events and UIs.

thanks.

Comment

Found a BUG in 449...

If you choose a color and there is only 1 device being set in the stack, then it works. If you have multiple devices in the stack, the ONLY device that can be set is the last (bottom) one in the stack. The others will revert to the default color

Rich I appreciate this being worked on but PLEASE be specific to what is necessary for updates/features to work. Let us know EXACTLY what is needed... 'latest' is not a build number. I wasted a lot of time last night vs if you had said... "install the newest beta, it has required fixes for this'

better, if HS3 had an updater that could install a new build/beta <required jab for missing feature most free software has>
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Ltek; June 20, 2018, 08:20 AM.

Comment

I posted 449 with notes a few posts back in this thread so I thought everyone would have seen it, sorry for the confusion.

Rich I appreciate you fixing this but PLEASE be specific when you post updates that you let people know EXACTLY what is needed. 'latest' is not a build number. I wasted a lot of time last night vs if you had said... "install the newest beta, it has required fixes for this'

better, if HS3 had an updater that could install a new build/beta <required jab for missing feature most free software has>

Comment

Working...
                                X