Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plugin causes HS to crash when using VR.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugin causes HS to crash when using VR.

See this post:

http://ubb.homeseer.com/6/ubb.x?a=tp...4&m=1312978486
    HS3 Prod - Win10 - DSC - HVAC-GC-TBZ48 x3 - CurrentCost - BLRadar - RFXCOM/FRXTRX433 -ADIO - HSTOUCH - BLUPS - AB8SS - SONOS - Alexa - 1 wire - BlueIris -MyQ

The Media Player plug-in doesn't cause a VR crash for most users. There's probably some song title that's confusing the VR engine. Are you running version 0.0.14? There was a fix for VR problems in that version.

If you wouldn't mind reinstalling the plug-in, I'd like to try to see exactly what happens. After it crashes again, please send me your HomeSeer configuration file (default: HomeSeer.XML).

Thanks, Geoff
    Last edited by epsteing; November 10, 2013, 09:56 AM.
    -Geoff

Comment

and still had the HS crash. It's not when I'm trying to use the plugin events though, it's any VR command. Odd too is that in my troubleshooting steps I removed the plugin, restarted, and still had the crashes. It's not until I noticed the events that were created by the plugin and deleted them did the crashes go away. I emailed you my .xml file.

Thanks
      HS3 Prod - Win10 - DSC - HVAC-GC-TBZ48 x3 - CurrentCost - BLRadar - RFXCOM/FRXTRX433 -ADIO - HSTOUCH - BLUPS - AB8SS - SONOS - Alexa - 1 wire - BlueIris -MyQ

Comment

There's an apparent obscure bug in the Windows VR engine. We've reported it to Microsoft. In the mean time, the next version (0.0.15) will attempt to detect, and warn you of the Media Player VR commands that seem to cause the crash.

The situation seems to occur when there is a name in your media library that, after stripping non-alphanumeric characters, is a number AND there's another name in your media library that starts with that same number. Combinations like this are somewhat ambiguous, which seems to be why it crashes. So, for instance, the following combinations of names seem to cause a crash:

"3" and "3 Song"

"123" and "123 Dogs"

Hopefully version 0.0.15 will detect and avoid all of the causes of this crash. It's impossible to know if it detects all of the problem combinations though. Please let me know if you still have any problems.
        -Geoff

Comment

Working...
        X