X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjh View Post
    What is the plugin warning message?
    Not 100% sure now. However i seem to recall it said that the plugin would need to be refreshed or re started. It happend to a few plugins and as i went down the list resetting them another would do the same thing. Eventually they all started working.

Sorry i cant be more specific. Will keep an eye out for it.

Comment

Updater stalled first time through.... apparently, just after the 3rd party search. Odd thing is that all of the icons loaded. Gave it over 4 minutes and....

I restarted the downloader and it finished in 15 seconds.
      HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
      Home Assistant 2024.3
      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
      Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
      Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
      WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
      AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

.367 installed this morning. So far things seem to be ok. I will post if there is an issue.

Comment

Since about build .360, I have noticed that HS no longer announces a welcome or the port number.
          Home Assistant 2024.3

Enabled Plug-Ins
          AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Originally posted by ewkearns View Post
            Since about build .360, I have noticed that HS no longer announces a welcome or the port number.
            I am not sure this is related to the updates as its controlled by the startup script. Check your script and see if things have been commented out or removed. I doubt HS would mess with this file since some of us rely on it for startup events and global variable setup.

Code:
            	' Speak - comment the next line if you do not want HomeSeer to speak at startup.
            	' hs.Speak("Welcome to Home-Seer", True)
            	' speak the port the web server is running on
                'Dim port As String = hs.GetINISetting("Settings", "gWebSvrPort", "")
                'If port <> "80" Then
                '    hs.Speak("Web server port number is " & port)
                'End If

Comment

hs touch hangup

since the update my hs touch (designer) hangs up.I can't use it. any fix yet.

Comment

The startup script shows that the last time it was changed was 10/19/2015. The lines are *not* commented out, so it should speak. Apparently it is trying to speak, but I can't determine if it is speaking to all clients or none (there should be three avail to "hear" Homeseer. I haven't knowingly changed *anything* that relates to speaking..... and other speech, after startup, works....
                Attached Files
                Home Assistant 2024.3

Enabled Plug-Ins

Comment

In the iddle of the night (now) ... all the lights started to togle on\off.

i doconected the lutron bridge. But one of my zwave light was doing the same...

here is a partial log.

This is not the first time.. and the only thing i can blame is HS3 itself..

Log 9/24/2017 2:39:01 AM Sunrise: 6:32 AM Sunset: 6:38 PM User: Matthieu
                  HOME
                  VIEW
                  TOOLS
                  PLUG-INS

Filter

Auto Update
                  Refresh
                  Log settings

Date/Time Pri Type/Error Message/Source
                  Sep-24 2:39:01 AM Z-Wave Device: Basement Kitchen Kitchen Hot Set to 0
                  Sep-24 2:39:01 AM Z-Wave Device: Basement Kitchen Kitchen Hot Set to 100
                  Sep-24 2:39:01 AM Z-Wave Device: Basement Kitchen Kitchen Hot Set to 100
                  Sep-24 2:39:00 AM Z-Wave Device: Basement Kitchen Kitchen Hot Set to 100
                  Sep-24 2:39:00 AM Z-Wave Device: Basement Kitchen Kitchen Hot Set to 0

Edited the post because this log was really long...
                  Last edited by ; September 24, 2017, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Current Date/Time: 9/24/2017 2:55:27 AM
                    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.367
                    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
                    System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 4 Minutes 26 Seconds
                    IP Address: ----------
                    Number of Devices: 63
                    Number of Events: 43
                    Available Threads: 400

Enabled Plug-Ins
                    3.0.0.36: EasyTrigger
                    3.6.5.0: Harmony Hub
                    3.0.0.23: ImperiHome
                    3.0.0.97: LutronCaseta
                    1.5.0.0: MQTT
                    3.0.1.90: PHLocation
                    3.0.1.130: Z-Wave

Comment

Check back further in your log, do see a message about an event being triggered? The rate is so fast it must be an event or script that was causing this.

Originally posted by Summerguy View Post
                      Current Date/Time: 9/24/2017 2:55:27 AM
                      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.367
                      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
                      System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 4 Minutes 26 Seconds
                      IP Address: ----------
                      Number of Devices: 63
                      Number of Events: 43
                      Available Threads: 400

Enabled Plug-Ins
                      3.0.0.36: EasyTrigger
                      3.6.5.0: Harmony Hub
                      3.0.0.23: ImperiHome
                      3.0.0.97: LutronCaseta
                      1.5.0.0: MQTT
                      3.0.1.90: PHLocation
                      3.0.1.130: Z-Wave
                      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I have something similar. Since a week or two (maybe longer, I do not have older logs and I might not have noticed it before) my Z-Wave lights in the garage operate by themselves. Often in the middle of the night, or at least a times I know I was sleeping:

sep.-24 07:16:49 Z-Wave Device: Schakelaar Garage Licht Set to ON
                        sep.-22 07:10:00 Z-Wave Device: Schakelaar Garage Licht Set to ON
                        sep.-19 06:23:18 Z-Wave Device: Schakelaar Garage Licht Set to ON
                        sep.-18 02:18:42 Z-Wave Device: Schakelaar Garage Licht Set to OFF
                        sep.-17 23:57:53 Z-Wave Device: Schakelaar Garage Licht Set to ON
                        sep.-15 02:00:50 Z-Wave Device: Schakelaar Garage Licht Set to ON
                        sep.-14 06:56:39 Z-Wave Device: Schakelaar Garage Licht Set to ON
                        sep.-13 02:48:28 Z-Wave Device: Schakelaar Garage Licht Set to ON
                        sep.-11 04:18:06 Z-Wave Device: Schakelaar Garage Licht Set to ON

No indication of an event, scripts or whatever. And the random times seems to indicate it is not something scheduled.

Operating the device from HStouch looks different:

sep.-24 16:46:07 Device Control Device: Schakelaar Garage Licht to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                        sep.-24 16:45:55 Device Control Device: Schakelaar Garage Licht to On (255) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

And operating the device from an event shows this in the log:

sep.-24 16:43:52 Device Control Device: Schakelaar Garage Licht to Off (0)
                        sep.-24 16:40:37 Device Control Device: Schakelaar Garage Licht to On (255)

Could it be interference with something? Broken module? Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks!
                        stefxx

Comment

Check back further in your log, do see a message about an event being triggered? The rate is so fast it must be an event or script that was causing this.
                          hi Rich, I do not have any event who trigger the lutron light and the Zwave light at the same time. And I do not have any script installed.

I do not see anything in the log. And each time this problem happen with differently.

edit:

My girlfriend did press the Lutron picos at the begining of this. She pressed the button to open all the lights, and after she presses the button to closed them all ( cuz she pressed the wrong one before).
                          Just after this all the lutrons lights were blinking.

The z wave light is linked to one lutron light in the kitchen, but it is not directly used in the pico event

anyways, I deleted all the event with my picos.

This is not the first time. It is like if Hs3 do not like when multiple commands are sent at them same time ( in this case with the pico. Multiple times, it did the same behavior , but with Alexa ( like close bedroom lights ( all of them) ) or with Imperihome ( when i press a grouped light switch created in Imperihome)

This is a video of this bug in a closet ( happened like 1 week ago) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgHCt7E8ig8

Edit 2:

Somewhat the same behavior today:

I just opened the z wave kitchen light ( the Lutron light is not dependent off this light) in the imperihome app....seems like a bug in hs3...since the problem occur in both z wave and Lutron.

Sep-24 3:13:16 PM Z-Wave Device: Basement Kitchen Kitchen Hot Set to 0
                          Sep-24 3:13:16 PM Z-Wave Device: Basement Kitchen Kitchen Hot Set to 20
                          Sep-24 3:13:16 PM Z-Wave Device: Basement Kitchen Kitchen Hot Set to 21
                          Sep-24 3:13:15 PM Z-Wave Device: Basement Kitchen Kitchen Hot Set to 20
                          Last edited by ; September 24, 2017, 04:47 PM.

Comment

HS3 is pretty good about logging a message before it controls a device. Anything is possible I guess.

However, if a script or plugin controls a device, there is no logging. The log you see is the Z-Wave plugin logging device actions. Odd that its different values.

I would first disable all your plugins that control devices and see if the problem is still there. If not, enable the plugins one at a time and see if its a plugin doing this.

I did go ahead and add some extra logging in the plugin/script API so after the update we can know for sure where the source is.

Originally posted by Summerguy View Post
                            hi Rich, I do not have any event who trigger the lutron light and the Zwave light at the same time. And I do not have any script installed.

I do not see anything in the log. And each time this problem happen with differently.

edit:

My girlfriend did press the Lutron picos at the begining of this. She pressed the button to open all the lights, and after she presses the button to closed them all ( cuz she pressed the wrong one before).
                            Just after this all the lutrons lights were blinking.

The z wave light is linked to one lutron light in the kitchen, but it is not directly used in the pico event

anyways, I deleted all the event with my picos.

This is not the first time. It is like if Hs3 do not like when multiple commands are sent at them same time ( in this case with the pico. Multiple times, it did the same behavior , but with Alexa ( like close bedroom lights ( all of them) ) or with Imperihome ( when i press a grouped light switch created in Imperihome)

This is a video of this bug in a closet ( happened like 1 week ago) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgHCt7E8ig8

Edit 2:

Somewhat the same behavior today:

I just opened the z wave kitchen light ( the Lutron light is not dependent off this light) in the imperihome app....seems like a bug in hs3...since the problem occur in both z wave and Lutron.

Sep-24 3:13:15 PM Z-Wave Device: Basement Kitchen Kitchen Hot Set to 20

Comment

For those of you following along, there is a 368 build that I plan on releasing.

This build fixes an issue with multiple HSTouch speaker clients. We were adding the IP to the client name but that really breaks the ability to speak to specific clients so that was removed and another fix was put in to support the case where multiple clients had the same name.

The latest Windows build is here:

http://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupHS3_3_0_0_368.msi

Linux builds have also been uploaded.

Comment

HS3 is pretty good about logging a message before it controls a device. Anything is possible I guess.

However, if a script or plugin controls a device, there is no logging. The log you see is the Z-Wave plugin logging device actions. Odd that its different values.

I would first disable all your plugins that control devices and see if the problem is still there. If not, enable the plugins one at a time and see if its a plugin doing this.

I did go ahead and add some extra logging in the plugin/script API so after the update we can know for sure where the source is.
                                I kind of feel noob . maybe I found the issue.

I bought HS3 like 3 weeks ago i think. At the beginning I thought the ''linked device '' feature was for saying to hs3 were is the device ...so linked each device to itself...

i discovered the real purpose of ''linked device'' last week ... but forgot to undo what i did before.

Do you think this has a good chance to be the issue? the devices were maybe looping some commands. But i am wondering why it was not each time?

Comment

Working...
                                X