Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

unregistered Insteon addresses found in the network?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange indeed. The only thing I can figure is that the registration method for that external device doesn't seem defined (method is left "blank") and that may cause some issue:

Externally registered device: Upstairs (Insteon Address 2F.7A.F3) registered through method

Comment

Originally posted by diazhome View Post
      Strange indeed. The only thing I can figure is that the registration method for that external device doesn't seem defined (method is left "blank") and that may cause some issue:

Externally registered device: Upstairs (Insteon Address 2F.7A.F3) registered through method
      this is just a UI issue. I don't think i accounted for thermostat devices that are registered from the external plugin.

the link issue mentioned above is really just a UI issue as well.

neither is affecting functionality, correct?
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Correct but my original question / issue still stands: any way to remove that stray link without having to factory reset both devices? Every time the AC cycles on or off, the SwitchLinc turns off. If it cannot be deleted with the Plug-in, is there another utility that I could use to delete the link?

Thanks again!

Comment

Try creating a few extra links in the switch and reread links and see if you can get it to show in the plugin. Then you can delete it. And the others.

There was a program called insteon explorer that might work.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Gotta give a shout out to @mnsandler

Great plugin. Your continued involvement with the subscribers = big plus. Thanks.

Robert

Comment

As suggested I added a few links to the switch and they did show in the links list BUT the "stray" links still don't show up after reading the links. Any other thoughts / ideas? Since I do know the Insteon address of the stray link, is there any way to manually remove them via manual (CLI) commands?

Comment

Mark, one more question: I'm unable to find the Insteon Explorer download. Any suggestions on where / how I can find it?

Comment

Mark, one more question: I'm unable to find the Insteon Explorer download. Any suggestions on where / how I can find it?
                  if you did a google search and can't find it, then it must be gone. its been several year.

what about smarthome's houselinc? look for that

As suggested I added a few links to the switch and they did show in the links list BUT the "stray" links still don't show up after reading the links. Any other thoughts / ideas? Since I do know the Insteon address of the stray link, is there any way to manually remove them via manual (CLI) commands?
                  there is no CLI via my plugin to manage links; won't help since we have no idea where in the database the link exists.

you might just need to reset the switch, then use the "reprogram device" function to reprogram the existing links in the plugin. not sure what other links you are trying to preserve
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                  X