Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinect is officially dead

Microsoft discontinued Kinect.

Noticed that the official announcement was back in October, 2017.

Here purchased first generation Kinects for just Homeseer (Spud's plugin) use and they work fine and now you can probably get them really cheap.

Trending too is that Microsoft has abandoned it's efforts with the Microsoft Mobile 10. Still using a MS Smart phone here. Wanting to go Linux though.

Microsoft seems to be lost in it's ways.

I am switching my tablets over from Android to Microsoft and hopefully Linux soon.

I do not think that Gates cares much these days and is more on in a philanthropist mode.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Amazon Alexa appears in a SuperBowl commercial tomorrow using celebrity voices. Microsoft is spinning out of control like GE since Gates departed.

Homeseer has had native VR forever but the Kinect technology and plugin are a step above. If Spud is "listening", are we doomed to migrate to internet microphones like Alexa or Google or is there an alternative path such as revamping the native VR in HomeSeer? Will it be possible to continue an alternative voice offering through an array microphone and a plugin built with:Microsoft Speech Platform SDK 11?

Or, is Microsoft abandoning VR altogether because the Windows phone just disappeared and Cortana won't survive?

Comment

I assume there's going to be something to follow the kinect. Isn't Cortana on all the win 10 devices? So all we need is a good Array Mic, and a plugin right? I watched a youtube video with a rainmeter skin using some kind of VR. I think it was this:
        http://www.mega-voice-command.com/

My problem with the Kinect is that Cortana hears things and turns things on and off if there's explosions (video games), or music playing. I think it's hilarious that the last couple of Halo games she was insane, and that's the way she acts for me lol. But hey, I took the room off command away, and she works fine doing other 'smaller' tasks. If the music's playing, and she wants to reboot the Denon plugin, more power to her. I should probably figure out how to make her confirm commands on the important stuff.

Comment

I have a couple of thoughts.

1) cherry AI looks very interesting, especially if it's fast and has an API that exposes it's user tracking/location/activity information
          https://cherryhome.ai/

2) Here is an interesting array microphone with local voice processing
          https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/m...form-for-all#/
          HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
          Number of Devices: 1005
          Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Working...
          X