This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon app and Homeseer plugin

The latest Insteon app when turning devices on or off does not show device status, but when you manually use switch or device status is instant.
    Not sure why Homeseer is not recognizing app changes.

Any thoughts ?

Originally posted by ttantalol View Post
    The latest Insteon app when turning devices on or off does not show device status, but when you manually use switch or device status is instant.
    Not sure why Homeseer is not recognizing app changes.

Any thoughts ?
    Can you please tell me about your setup and software versions.

Also any log snippets of when you controlled the device from hs
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Plug in

Yes of course sorry about that,

Message: Current Date/Time: 2/1/2018 8:04:56 PM HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368 Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 49 Minutes 51 Seconds IP Address: Number of Devices: 298 Number of Events: 4 Available Threads: 1023 License: Registered License: User Name and Access Level: removed (Admin) WAN IP Address: Web Server Port: Location: (Latitude) 43.10 (Longitude) 79.12 City/State-Canada-Ontario,<wbr>Saint Catherines,79.12,43.10 Enabled Plug-Ins 3.0.0.37: EnvisaLink 3.7.0.0: Harmony Hub 3.7.0.0: Harmony Hub 3.0.6.16: Insteon 2.0.1.6: JowiHue 3.3.6389.22764: Yamaha

<table class="log_table_row" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="LogDateLong LogDateTime1" style="white-space: nowrap;" colspan="1" align="left">Feb-01 7:15:15 PM </td><td class="LogPri1" colspan="1" align="left"> </td><td class="LogType1" colspan="3" align="left"> Plug-In </td><td class="LogEntry1" colspan="8" align="left"> Finished initializing plug-in Insteon </td></tr></tbody></table><table class="log_table_row" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="LogDateLong LogDateTime0" style="white-space: nowrap;" colspan="1" align="left"> Feb-01 7:15:15 PM </td><td class="LogPri0" colspan="1" align="left"> </td><td class="LogType0" colspan="3" align="left"> Insteon </td><td class="LogEntry0" colspan="8" align="left"> Waiting to initialize External Devices... </td></tr></tbody></table><table class="log_table_row" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="LogDateLong LogDateTime1" style="white-space: nowrap;" colspan="1" align="left"> Feb-01 7:15:11 PM </td><td class="LogPri1" colspan="1" align="left"> </td><td class="LogType1" colspan="3" align="left"> Insteon </td><td class="LogEntry1" colspan="8" align="left"> Hub contacted on 192.168.0.122:25105 with an Insteon address of 31.10.68 and firmware version A3 </td></tr></tbody></table><table class="log_table_row" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="LogDateLong LogDateTime0" style="white-space: nowrap;" colspan="1" align="left"> Feb-01 7:15:08 PM </td><td class="LogPri0" colspan="1" align="left"> </td><td class="LogType0" colspan="3" align="left"> Insteon </td><td class="LogEntry0" colspan="8" align="left"> Insteon Support library (Insteon.dll) version: 1.0.6.16 </td></tr></tbody></table><table class="log_table_row" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="LogDateLong LogDateTime1" style="white-space: nowrap;" colspan="1" align="left"> Feb-01 7:15:08 PM </td><td class="LogPri1" colspan="1" align="left"> </td><td class="LogType1" colspan="3" align="left"> Info </td><td class="LogEntry1" colspan="8" align="left"> Plugin Insteon has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:49703 </td></tr></tbody></table>
      Thank you Mark
      Last edited by ttantalol; February 2, 2018, 04:06 PM. Reason: Just getting used to this

Comment

i moved this topic to a new thread since it was a little different than the 'polling' thread it was on.

so are you using the insteon smartphone app in addition to my plugin?

if so, is the issue when you control devices from the insteon app rather than from the plugin?
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
          i moved this topic to a new thread since it was a little different than the 'polling' thread it was on.

so are you using the insteon smartphone app in addition to my plugin?

if so, is the issue when you control devices from the insteon app rather than from the plugin?
          I am using the app along with your plugin and yes the issue is when I'm controlling from the Insteon app.(status remains unchanged when I use Insteon app). When I control from your plugin it works as expected and updates the status.

Comment

I am using the app along with your plugin and yes the issue is when I'm controlling from the Insteon app.(status remains unchanged when I use Insteon app). When I control from your plugin it works as expected and updates the status.
            in general i don't support the insteon app with homeseer.

But you can try the following...

shutdown the plugin, add the following to the [config] section of the insteon.ini, and restart the plugin
            ProcessACKs=True
            this will tell the plugin to process ACKs from messages it didn't send.

this will help update hs status when you control a device from the app. no guarantees however.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Yes sir that worked thank you

Comment

Yes sir that worked thank you
                Great. Thanks for reporting back.
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                X