www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > 3rd Party Plug-Ins/Scripts > Plug-ins by Author > Click Here for List of Author Forums > MCS Plug-Ins and Scripts > mcsSprinklers

Old February 15th, 2018, 03:46 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael McSharry View Post
It is on the Weather Setup page for the weather forecast. I see now that current conditions also need a license and different sources could be used for current conditions and forecast that I should have independent license entries.
Perhaps you havent seen the images I posted in my "Weather" post. I think they may be helpful.

IMAGE Update:

Now when I do an evaluate, I get the above.

As shown by the images, my config for the "Optional Alternate Forecast Source" WAS set to NWS/NOAA (worked in HS2). That source appear(ed) to be the ONLY one that has a "License" (vs API Key). Well I changed it to WU and entered by WU API Key. Now, when I look in your .ini I see the STRLICENSE= set to my WU API Key. However, at this time the key in the URL5.txt file is still the old, mystery key, probably associated with the NWS/NOAA. Very confusing.

Quote:
I have also started looking into the csv and it looks like a path issue. I will post an update pretty soon when I figure it out.
Great that's next on my list.

Incidentally, when I went to save the change of the "License" field, it produced these 7 error messages (again):

Feb-15 1:12:06 PM mcsSprinklers HSCAPIValues Line 0 An item with the same key has already been added.
Feb-15 1:12:06 PM mcsSprinklers HSCAPIValues Line 0 An item with the same key has already been added.

It appears to be one for each active zone. Just a thought, may be just a coincidence.

Gary

Last edited by Kbevo; February 15th, 2018 at 03:58 PM.
Old February 15th, 2018, 05:32 PM
OverSeer

I saw the "7" errors as well when I had used an HS device for a zone. Fixed it also. The path error I found was Linux-only. When I was testing I did overlook the specification of using a comma delimiter for the csv file. It defaulted to XML key. Check your setup on the Weather Setup Page where you indicate the record position and the recognition method. I also added the license for the weather download. I tested everything on a Linux install. Don't have a windows one where I am now. In updater as 2.18.0.3.

I also noticed why you had install problems with the 2.18.0.1 updater package. It was zipped folder rather than zipped files.
Old February 15th, 2018, 05:45 PM
OverSeer

I looked back at your earlier posting and it looks like you have your csv parameters properly set. Use 2.18.0.3 and give me a debug log after it has a chance to do a csv update.
Old February 15th, 2018, 05:54 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael McSharry View Post
In updater as 2.18.0.3.
I disabled mcsSprinklers plugin, then "downloaded and install", and received:

Feb-15 3:38:51 PM Error Warning, Cannot load EXE (possibly missing dependencies) HSPI_MCSSPRINKLERSP.exe: Access to the path 'C:\Homeseer_HS3Pro\HSPI_MCSSPRINKLERSP.exe' is denied.
Feb-15 3:38:51 PM Updater Install/Update of package mcsSprinklersP failed.
Feb-15 3:38:51 PM Updater Error Installation of package mcsSprinklersP failed. Try disabling the plugin first, then re-try the update.
Feb-15 3:38:51 PM Updater Error Copying source to C:\Homeseer_HS3Pro\HSPI_MCSSPRINKLERSP.exe, detailed error: Access to the path 'C:\Homeseer_HS3Pro\HSPI_MCSSPRINKLERSP.exe' is denied.
Feb-15 3:38:51 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Homeseer_HS3Pro\HSPI_MCSSPRINKLERSP.exe
Feb-15 3:38:51 PM Updater Extraction Complete.
Feb-15 3:38:49 PM Updater Extracting files from zip file: setup_hs.zip
Feb-15 3:38:49 PM Updater Installing package mcsSprinklersP
Feb-15 3:38:49 PM Updater Update HSPI_MCSSPRINKLERSP.exe downloaded successfully
Feb-15 3:38:38 PM Updater Downloading update: mcsSprinklersP
Feb-15 3:38:38 PM Updater Starting download of updates

The plugin no longer showed up in the Interfaces. Shutdown HS3. Looked in the HS3 root and there is a HSP_MCSSPRINKLERSP.EXE there, but when I restarted, in the HS3 Errors/Warnings text box I got:

Starting up....

2/15/2018 3:45:19 PM ~!~Error~!~Warning, Cannot load EXE (possibly missing dependencies) HSPI_MCSSPRINKLERSP.exe: Access to the path 'C:\Homeseer_HS3Pro\HSPI_MCSSPRINKLERSP.exe' is denied.
2/15/2018 3:45:19 PM ~!~Starting Plug-In~!~Initializing plugin RFXCOM ...
2/15/2018 3:45:20 PM ~!~Starting Plug-In~!~Plugin RFXCOM started successfully in 307 milliseconds

2/15/2018 3:45:20 PM ~!~Starting Plug-In~!~Initializing plugin X10 ...
Startup Complete, 1 errors detected, check the log for more information.

In the log:
Feb-15 3:45:19 PM Error Warning, Cannot load EXE (possibly missing dependencies) HSPI_MCSSPRINKLERSP.exe: Access to the path 'C:\Homeseer_HS3Pro\HSPI_MCSSPRINKLERSP.exe' is denied.
The plugin does not show in the Interfaces. This is not fun.

Gary
Old February 15th, 2018, 06:34 PM
OverSeer

This looks to be a file in use situation and HSPI_mcsSprinklers.exe likely was not able to be copied to the HS3 folder. Look at the file date/properties to determine if the updater was able to expand the file or not. My first response when I get file blockage (thumb drive in use) is to reboot to clear Windows.
Old February 15th, 2018, 07:36 PM
Seer Master

Ok, rebooted. No errors at startup, no errors in the log. NO mcsSprinklers in the Interfaces and Plugins, and nothing in the log saying it tried to start. What now?

File Images:

Old February 15th, 2018, 07:41 PM
Seer Master

Important omission...

The image above showing HSPI_mcsSprinklersp.exe was captured BEFORE the reboot. After the reboot, that file is not there or anywhere else.

Gary
Old February 15th, 2018, 07:56 PM
OverSeer

The zip file is at http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsSprinkle...18_0_3_HS3.zip Of interest is the .dll and .exe at the top level in the zip file. Copy these to the HS3 root folder. I do not know what is going on with the updater and the files being removed. The updater has a different issue on Linux with trying to get the downloaded zip contents from \usr\local\HomeSeer rather than /usr/local/HomeSeer so for my testing I had to do direct copy.
Old February 16th, 2018, 01:31 PM
Seer Master

Back up...

Michael, I downloaded the 2.18.0.3 version and copied the HSPI exe and 2009 dll to the HS3 root. HS3 came up and I was able to enable mcsSprinklers without (major) error messages. I do get two warning messages:

This one came up before I enabled the mcsSprinklers plugin.
Feb-16 10:50:17 AM Warning File does not exist: C:\Homeseer_HS3Pro\html\mcsSprinklers\images\clock.gif
This one came up after the enable, and I have seen it at other times also.
Feb-16 10:52:09 AM Warning Attempt by plugin to register a duplicate link of help. Plugin: Z-Wave Instance

The Weather evaluate function seems to now collect data from all the WU stations configured. I do have some questions in the images below that I would like to get answered, please.

I don't know how long it takes for the csv values to appear in the General Status but it has been enabled now for about 30 minutes and I still dont have any. Is there any way to force a csv update?

Thanks
Gary

IMAGE:
Old February 16th, 2018, 02:20 PM
OverSeer

I noticed the clock issue in 2.18.0.1. Just copied it from C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\mcsSprinklers\ to \images.

Not sure why the side affect to z-wave however...

Robert
HS3PRO 3.0.0.318 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dot, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.
Old February 16th, 2018, 02:37 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by langenet View Post

Not sure why the side affect to z-wave however...

Robert
Thanks Robert. I just did the clock copy. I suspect the z-wave issue has to do with the initial setup failing and me manually coping files to the respective directories. But, I dont really know, and need some smarter folks to weigh in.

Gary

IMAGE:
Old February 16th, 2018, 04:58 PM
OverSeer

For the weather source setup... if your station is uploading to WU and producing csv data file then only set one of them up. My choice would be csv as that removes a dependency on internet and the WU server. I would not bother with the other two WU stations if you have local data.

NOAA and WU are both good weather forecast sources. I have no specific knowledge, but impression is that WU tries to become more localized. I could be totally wrong on this, however.

images\clock.gif or images/clock.gif is not used within mcsSprinklers and do not why HS3 would look for something in the mcsSprinklers subfolder if the plugin was not enabled or not.

The \html\help file structure was the standard for HS2 so I continued with HS3. Zwave was not a plugin in HS2, but part of the core HS2. It may be that HS3 has a different convention for help files and by creating the help folder confused the new Zwave plugin.

The debug on the csv file shows:
CSV/XML File \\LIAN34G\Public\VWS-Data\csv\data.csv does not exist for reading

Need to make certain this file exists and the network drive and user running HS3 has read authorization on the network drive.
Old February 16th, 2018, 05:36 PM
Seer Master

Yep, bad path. My bad, sorry for the trouble. I assumed it was working in HS2, but I guess it was bad there also, because I did not change it in HS3. In any case, when the problems surfaced I should have checked it out. I have converted it to be a file reference (e.g. C:\Users...) instead of a UNC and it is delivering valued now. Thanks much.

Quote:
if your station is uploading to WU and producing csv data file then only set one of them up. My choice would be csv as that removes a dependency on internet and the WU server. I would not bother with the other two WU stations if you have local data.
Yes, my station is delivering data to WU (KTXNORTH9), but I am still confused about how you treat the Weather sources. Are you saying dont configure anything under "Optional Alternate Weather Source" (i.e. set the "None" button)? Or just don't put any Station ID's in (including mine)? My original thought was that your first source would be my local csv data and if my station was down you would go to the other, nearby WU stations. (Raises the question HOW would you determine my station was down?) Under what conditions do you use the "Optional Alternate Weather Source"?

Quote:
It may be that HS3 has a different convention for help files and by creating the help folder confused the new Zwave plugin.
Are you going to research this further?

My next steps are to "Activate For Season" and see what happens.

Gary
Old February 16th, 2018, 06:33 PM
OverSeer

Lower in the Weather Setup Page you select the source for each sensor. If you have all your weather sensor info coming from CSV then there is no point in doing any download of internet data for current weather conditions. You would select the optional weather download to be "None". Don't confuse this with Forecast source as you do not have that as being local in CSV so you will want NOAA or WU for that soure.

The only time alternate sensor sources are used is if they are selected to be WU. If the site reports some error or there is something like 404 HTTP code then the secondary station would be used. There is no logic to evaluate if a reporting station has not updated values. If you think your station may stop then dont use csv and use WU.

For the help file there is no SDK guidance and I see no reason to change where it is located. If this causes problems with Zwave plugin, then the Zwave plugin should be updated so it is not sensitive to where other plugins put their help files.

No problem with investigating the CSV. It showed where I did have an issue on the Linux install. There are so many things done by mcsSprinklers that when a major change like Linux compatibility is introduced there is only so much testing I can do before release. I actually did this is two steps. One was standalone a few years ago and this year merged it with HS3 to have a single .NET 4 set of code. I do not expect to produce .NET 3.5. Will see if the PRO100 users will need a .NET 2 version.
Old February 16th, 2018, 07:02 PM
Seer Master

Thanks Michael for the feedback. Appreciate your support.

Gary