This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sinal over a distance

My shed is not receiving x10 commands and I already have two 2442 Signalinc RF and a signal booster. Even though I have all this the shed still doesn't get x10 or Insteon RF signal. I have a Insteon App modules with x10 assigned. What makes me think the signals are not getting there is because when I poll that module it doesn't respond. Will it poll over x10? Or is it only RF?

To improve reception can I add a 3rd 2442? When I set them up that acted like they had to be in pairs?

None of the Insteon products do anything but absorb X10 signal, they don't amplify or repeat it. The SignalLincs only work within about 100-150 feet of each other open air. Much less through exterior walls.

Insteon isn't RF, it is PLC like X10. Only the SignalLincs communicate with each other over RF, repeating what they hear over the power line.

You might want to try a SignalLinc in the house and one as close as possible to the house in the shed.

Jon

Originally posted by mlail
    My shed is not receiving x10 commands and I already have two 2442 Signalinc RF and a signal booster. Even though I have all this the shed still doesn't get x10 or Insteon RF signal. I have a Insteon App modules with x10 assigned. What makes me think the signals are not getting there is because when I poll that module it doesn't respond. Will it poll over x10? Or is it only RF?

To improve reception can I add a 3rd 2442? When I set them up that acted like they had to be in pairs?
    Jon Ort
    JonOrt@The--Orts.com
    (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Originally posted by mlail

The 2442 does nothing to help X10. If you're using your Insteon device in X10 mode, you're getting none of the advantages of Insteon. If you use it in Insteon mode it should work. Worst case, adding a 2442 in your shed should fix it ... but ONLY in Insteon mode.

The X10 boosters are pretty useless. If you are having signal absorbtion issues, filters help a lot, but they're not a cure-all. X10 will never be reliable.

Comment

Working...
      X