This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All lights or units off command...

Is there a way to issue an all lights or units off command via this plugin?

Script for All Off

I wrote an event the senses an All Off H, and then issues a series of commands to turn off all of my insteon modules.

I have not been able to get a response from Smarthome as to wheter the Insteon actually has an All Off command.

Scott

Comment

If memory serves me correctly, I believe Jon ( the developer of the Insteon plugin) stated that they didn't but I couldn't find where he stated this.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

The classic X10 All Off command applies to a single house code.

Insteon has nothing like house codes, but it does have "groups", somewhat similar to X10 "scenes". An Insteon group can be given an "All Off" command. The difficulty here is setting up the groups in the first place - it's theoretically possible to do without benefit of a computer, but reading the manuals for the various devices which try to explain it makes my head hurt.

In the long run, I think the only practical way to do this is going to be through software, unless SmartHome comes up with a very intelligent stand-alone controller.

- Dennis Brothers

Comment

I was thinking of having the plug-in go through all the associated Inston devices and turn them off one bye one if the plug-in got an All Lights Off for that House code. They would not go off together but at least they would go off.

At one point I thought there was a group that was associated to every device in Insteon but I can't find refrence to such a thing in the docs right now. It might have been wishful thinking :<

If the plug-in gets remote link management then this can work.

Jon

Originally posted by brothers
          The classic X10 All Off command applies to a single house code.

Insteon has nothing like house codes, but it does have "groups", somewhat similar to X10 "scenes". An Insteon group can be given an "All Off" command. The difficulty here is setting up the groups in the first place - it's theoretically possible to do without benefit of a computer, but reading the manuals for the various devices which try to explain it makes my head hurt.

In the long run, I think the only practical way to do this is going to be through software, unless SmartHome comes up with a very intelligent stand-alone controller.

- Dennis Brothers
          Jon Ort
          JonOrt@The--Orts.com
          (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Working...
          X