This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way2Call In UK

Anybody got this working in the UK? I have just bought one, and cannot even get the supplied diagnostic to run.

I tried some stuff from the other threads, to make sutre Homeseer is not running when installing etc, but no success.

What happens, is that the devices is seen on USB, and I have all the items expected in the Hardware profile in windows, but I am not able to dial, or detect a ring tone.

I used a BT - RJ11 from an 'phone and one from a mode in case there was a difference.

There is no country specific info on their site or supplied documents.

I'm runnig this on XP.

Not sure what else to try,

Roland

I have the Way2Call working with the diagnostic now, apart from it does not wring the phone. It sees off-hook and dial tone OK. I achieved this by using straingt RJ11 - RJ11 lead to the phone, and the same to the line except with a RJ11-BT plug to the line. I think this may be some issue with the polarity and I read somewhere that another Master Socket after the Way2Call will fix this. I'll try later.
    The problem I have now is that it does not work in Homeseer. When I start Homeseer I get...

Error Initializing Hi-Phone (Set Tones): Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
    HSPhone Error initializing Hi-Phone driver, possible corrupt or missing drivers, or Hi-Phone is not plugged in or powered on.

I tried reinstalling with Homeseer not running as advised in another thread (a couple of times!!)...
    http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...oto=nextoldest

I also notice that if I start and stop Homeseer that in the Way2Call software USB is no longer an option, just COM1 and COM2. I have to reboot the PC to get USB back.

I also downloaded the latest driver from way2call.com.

I'm starting to think this thing is faulty!

Roland

Comment

I have been using the way-2-call USB modem for a couple of years now in the Uk without any issues.

Comment

Working OK Now!

I have this working OK now. I had to install a RJ-11 to BT UK adapter with a capacitor fitted, so that the phone would ring.

To get Homeseer to work, I ended up having to re-install Homeseer. Not sure why, but it fix the problem.

Roland

Comment

If anybody in the UK is having trouble locating an adapter with a ring capacitor, you can get one here...

http://www.homestead.co.uk/productca...tegoryid=54972

Roland

Comment

Working...
          X