X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoke Bridge not responding

Mark,
    I have installed several First alert detectors with the Insteon Smoke Bridge. The setup went fine and your plugin communicates with the smoke bridge. I created an event to speak when I test the detectors. The trigger is "When test is detected" Then: Speak "Testing"
    When I test the detectors, the LED on the smoke Bridge Flashes RED, but nothing in the HS3 Log, and the event doesnt run. Am I missing something?
    Do I need to setup the smoke bridge in some way?
    The advanced configuration shows Status 100=ON

System is HS3 3.0.0.152, Win7
    PI is newest 3.0.5.16
    Last edited by KSO; February 1, 2015, 10:56 AM.

does the bridge respond to polling?

not sure if the bridge needs to be linked to the detector. please check the manual
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
      does the bridge respond to polling?

not sure if the bridge needs to be linked to the detector. please check the manual
      I have the smoke bridge linked to the detectors, and the smoke bridge does respond to poling and a com test. Everything seams to be linked, but I dont have any response in HS3 when the detectors are triggered. Like I said though, the smoke bridge does respond from the detectors test by evidence of the flashing red LED, but HS3 does not respond.
      Is there a different way to check?
      Also, in the status graphics for the smoke bridge, the device status values are numbered 1-7, but in the advanced, the status value is 100=ON.

Comment

my guess is something is interfering with smoke bridge broadcast msg when you trigger the detector manually.

try moving the bridge closer to the plm/interface and retest.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

please also confirm there is a link on the smoke bridge that indicates the bridge will report back to homeseer
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
            please also confirm there is a link on the smoke bridge that indicates the bridge will report back to homeseer
            These are the two links that are setup with the smoke bridge:
            Link #1 Sensor is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #0 (i2CS Registration Link) - Command: On
            Link #2 Sensor is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #254 (HomeSeer All Devices Group) - Command: On
            Should there be another link?

Edit: I did a program device for homeseer, and got this:
            Warning: This Insteon device controls or is controlled by devices you have not yet registered with the plug-in. HomeSeer may not be aware of any control commands that might come from the unregistered device. Please add the unknown device to your system if possible
            Do I need to register the first alert detectors?

Comment

Originally posted by KSO View Post
              These are the two links that are setup with the smoke bridge:
              Link #1 Sensor is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #0 (i2CS Registration Link) - Command: On
              Link #2 Sensor is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #254 (HomeSeer All Devices Group) - Command: On
              Should there be another link?

Edit: I did a program device for homeseer, and got this:
              Warning: This Insteon device controls or is controlled by devices you have not yet registered with the plug-in. HomeSeer may not be aware of any control commands that might come from the unregistered device. Please add the unknown device to your system if possible
              Do I need to register the first alert detectors?
              no need to register the detectors. they aren't actually insteon devices.
              sounds like there might be a bogus link the bridge.
              did the links change after the reprogram?
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

No, the links remained the same 2.
                I checked the other devices and they have an additional link that has local control reporting to HomeSeer, but the smoke bridge is missing this link.
                How can I get this link if it is needed?
                Should I try to reset the factory defaults and relink to HS? or is there a better way?

Comment

try the reset and reprogram and see if that creates the link.

otherwise, put the bridge into linking mode, then press the set btn on the plm to create the link manually.

if this fixes the problem. i can update the plugin as necessary
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark,
                    I removed the device from the DB, and reset to factory defaults. Then tried to Tap-Add new device. That only provided the same two links. So I removed it again, reset to factory defaults, and tried to manually add by linking with the PLM set button. This also only provided the same two links. It looks like it wont link to let the smoke bridge control HS.
                    What can I do next?

Edit: I went through several more tries, and now it only produces 1 link:
                    I used the read device links and settings.
                    Last edited by KSO; February 2, 2015, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Mark,
                      I removed the device from the DB, and reset to factory defaults. Then tried to Tap-Add new device. That only provided the same two links. So I removed it again, reset to factory defaults, and tried to manually add by linking with the PLM set button. This also only provided the same two links. It looks like it wont link to let the smoke bridge control HS.
                      What can I do next?

Edit: I went through several more tries, and now it only produces 1 link:
                      I used the read device links and settings.
                      1 link is correct. that's what i get

check the links in the PLM using the display interface links on the plugin config page

you should find two like this
                      0084 A2 01 1A DD F8 00 00 00 Responder Link for Desk Bridge
                      0085 E2 00 1A DD F8 10 0A D8 RF PLM Group 0 controlling Desk Bridge
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

OK, I have two:
                        0001 E2 00 2E E2 10 10 0A 43 RF PLM Group 0 controlling Unknown Tap-Added Smoke Bridge 0
                        and
                        0048 A2 01 2E E2 10 00 00 00 Responder Link for Unknown Tap-Added Smoke Bridge 0

Edit: I noticed that my 2 links are seperated, first link and last link. If that matters.
                        Last edited by KSO; February 2, 2015, 05:22 PM.

Comment

OK, I have two:
                          0001 E2 00 2E E2 10 10 0A 43 RF PLM Group 0 controlling Unknown Tap-Added Smoke Bridge 0
                          and
                          0048 A2 01 2E E2 10 00 00 00 Responder Link for Unknown Tap-Added Smoke Bridge 0

Edit: I noticed that my 2 links are separate, first link and last link. If that matters.
                          these links are correct and should be all you need to get a broadcast from the bridge.

i tested my unit and got a test broadcast after pressing the test btn on the detector.

I'm not sure what's going on

instead of tap-adding can you reset it, manually register it with the plugin
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark,
                            After doing a manual Add device, the smoke bridge now has a good linking. And the advanced Status corresponds with the Status graphics numbers (1-7) Test detected worked.

Thank You for your help.

Comment

I have the smoke bridge linked to the detectors, and the smoke bridge does respond to poling and a com test. Everything seams to be linked, but I dont have any response in HS3 when the detectors are triggered. Like I said though, the smoke bridge does respond from the detectors test by evidence of the flashing red LED, but HS3 does not respond.
                              Is there a different way to check?
                              Also, in the status graphics for the smoke bridge, the device status values are numbered 1-7, but in the advanced, the status value is 100=ON.
                              I noticed when the smoke bridge is polled it will always returns 100, not one of the numbers 1-7, so status text does not show.

Comment

Working...
                              X