HA-Bridge - EU/UK direct control of devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
    Also you can find alot more info in the this 148 page thread on this bridge.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.p...html#msg300665

Post 2186 on page 146.

If you read threw you will see people are using it on google home and tons of people are using it on ECHO. I know you have changed your ports around and its confirmed you can't do that with Google Home. Echo I'm not sure but your problems are probley somewhere related in your setup for some reason or another.
    I changed the uPnP ports, which seem to still be working (since Google Home can find it). The port 85 was the port given at the beginning of this thread, and while I realize that this was more geared toward the Echo, I was hoping it would work on the Google Home as well. I find it foolish that the uPnP request returns a url for them to verify it, but apparently Google just ignores that part (or the service they use ignores it: hue-adapter.appspot.com).

I will have to check what is using port 80, but at the very least I can hope for another way to do this after the APIs are all opened up (or someone else does). We are stll primarily an Alexa home, but I wanted to switch to Google Home because we are heavily invested in the Google ecosystem.

Still, Ha-bridge is awesome and is opening up a lot of stuff (Especially with the Harmony stuff, which increased the WAF in the bedroom so she can adjust the ceiling fan and lights from the bed )

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
      I changed the uPnP ports, which seem to still be working (since Google Home can find it). The port 85 was the port given at the beginning of this thread, and while I realize that this was more geared toward the Echo, I was hoping it would work on the Google Home as well. I find it foolish that the uPnP request returns a url for them to verify it, but apparently Google just ignores that part (or the service they use ignores it: hue-adapter.appspot.com).

I will have to check what is using port 80, but at the very least I can hope for another way to do this after the APIs are all opened up (or someone else does). We are stll primarily an Alexa home, but I wanted to switch to Google Home because we are heavily invested in the Google ecosystem.

Still, Ha-bridge is awesome and is opening up a lot of stuff (Especially with the Harmony stuff, which increased the WAF in the bedroom so she can adjust the ceiling fan and lights from the bed )
      Yeah the OP started off by changing the defaults right off the bat maybe for some other reasons. And that was for linux. Many won't need to do much but double click the java file on the windows server.

Comment

I've got this working really well except for two areas.

Firstly, whenever I add my nest account, 9 times out of 10 that corrupts the config and all I get is 404 errors whatever I click on, the only way to get it working again is to delete the data directory and start again.

My Harmony correctly adds all the buttons and devices to create and works fine, but on the odd occasion that my nest account doesn't corrupt it, nothing is pre-populated as I believe it should be, ready to generate devices as with the Harmony tab, nor in the Hue device.

Any ideas?

Comment

hey guys

So I have a windows embedded home troller sel pro

so this is what I did:

I downloaded jdk 1.8 and then downloaded java -jar ha-bridge-3.5.1.jar

I double clicked java -jar ha-bridge-3.5.1.jar after downloading

I opened up harmony remote and it was able to find my virtual Philips hue bridge

now what do I do next to get light devices in homeseer recognized??

thanks
          chris

Comment

Originally posted by csullivan2005 View Post
            So I have a windows embedded home troller sel pro

so this is what I did:

I downloaded jdk 1.8 and then downloaded java -jar ha-bridge-3.5.1.jar

I double clicked java -jar ha-bridge-3.5.1.jar after downloading

I opened up harmony remote and it was able to find my virtual Philips hue bridge

now what do I do next to get light devices in homeseer recognized??

thanks
            chris
            You skipped the step of opening a webpage and opening tbe web ui for this bridge. When you do that you need to setup or add each device you want to control. Then you can go to your harmony remote and add each one as a hue device.

So try a web page on your hometroller and open this webpage
            http://localhost:8080
            To see if you can get the web ui of the bridge up.

Comment

hey guys

tried this with my local host and did not bring up anything. just says webpage cannot be displayed.

what should I do next

Comment

tried this with my local host and did not bring up anything. just says webpage cannot be displayed.

what should I do next
                Running the bridge on port 80 (which is default) is always tuff since its a very popular port. You can try your local ip followed my port 80 or 8080 again instead of local port. If that doesnt work your gonna need to either try to force everything closed to get port 80 temporarily open so you can get to the web ui then change the default port to one of your choice.

If you cant do that then you need to run a custom script to force the bridge to startup on a custom port right fron the start. That might be harder for you then the first options.

Comment

just what to make sure I'm clear. when you say localhost you are referring to my homeseer ip address correct?

Comment

my homeseer ip followed by:80 led me to a page where on top I see

HA bridge Home. My Echo. Help. About

but then all white space below

Comment

works with google chrome....again I used port 80. how do I change the port to 8080 later?

I'm going to further dive into manually entering devices tomorrow. how do I go about doing this??

Comment

also is this setup going to mess up or interfere with my Alexa homeseer plugin?

I using the skill where I can just say Alexa turn on family room light. and it communicates to homeseer.

are you running both instances?

Comment

SO MY HARMONY REMOTE HAS RECOGNIZED MY LIGHT I MANUALLY CREATED. I INPUTED THE ON, OFF, AND DIM URLS

HOWEVER WHEN I GO TO TEST I GET ERROR SAYING "REQUEST ERROR., PLEASE LOOK IN YOUR HABRIDGE LOG: ERROR {"TYPE".-6,"ADDRESS"."/LIGHTS/1","DESCRIPTION"."SHOULD NOT GET HERE, NO HARMONY CONFIGURED","PARAMETER"."/LIGHTS/1STATE"}

AM I MISSING SOMETHING. I SELECTED DEVICE TYPE AS CUSTOM
                          MAP TYPE AS HARMONY BUTTON
                          I PUT IN MY HOMESEER IP(DO I NEED PORT NUMBER AFTER HOMESEER IP?)

I SELECTED GET FOR HTTP VERB
                          I SLECTED CONTENT TYPE AS APPLCATION/JSON

DO I NEED TO UPDATE ANYTHING IN BRIDGE CONTROL SECTION?

SHOULD UPNP IP address BE MY ROUTER IP?

DO I NED TO UPDATE MY WEB SERVER IP address TO HOMESEER IP?

ANYTHING ELSE?

Comment

my homeseer ip followed by:80 led me to a page where on top I see

HA bridge Home. My Echo. Help. About

but then all white space below
                            Great that's all you need your in now. You don't need to change to port 8080 or anything else is this is working for you. This port 80 is only for seeing this web UI and nothing else will be effected. If you have no conflicts with this being eon 80 then leave it be and continue on your quest.

If you had to shut down other services on port 80 for this to work or if you just don;t want it on port 80 then you can click "Bridge control" tab then change the "Web Server Port" to one of your choice and that's what you'll need to enter to access this web UI.

Do not change the UPNP response port it is fine and should not match your router.

You can change the web server IP to the same IP as your homeseer computer. if you do you will not be able to access at localhost:80 you will just use the iport of the homeseer server. Nothing should me the same ip or port as your router.

Your question on "Alexa homeseer plugin". No I do not run that plugin so I can't say it will or won't but only that it shouldn't as this is a stand alone thing. You can always go to the web ui and "Bridge Controls" tab and click stop bridge and you have shut it down.

I think that "Alexa homeseer plugin" is if you don;t have a Amazon echo right? I think the one your talking about is to mimic a real echo? I have several echos and use them with this bridge.

You have not setup your device right which is why your getting an error. I would suggest try no dimming first (do an on/off light) and get that down then move to dimming lights.

Map type is left blank.
                            You do need you port number.
                            Http Verb should be "GET"
                            Enter you on and off and maybe dim on some lights.
                            The rest can be left blank.

So a basic "ON" should look like this using your ip and port and your device nuumber.
                            http://192.168.1.100:10201/JSON?requ...=349&value=255

and an "off" like this.
                            http://192.168.1.100:10201/JSON?requ...ef=349&value=0

this will turn device# 349 on and off. 10201 is my post I use to access the web ui of homeseer. yours will be different along the IP probley.

If it was a dimmer switch the on and off will be the same but instead of the dim being blank you would use.

http://192.168.1.100:10201/JSON?request=controldevicebyvalue&ref=349&value=${intensity. percent}

Comment

thank you very much so far!

so funny thing is only the dim works

I did exactly what you said for the on and off when I go to test and do Test On or Test Off its says request executed:sucess{"/lights/1/state/on".true} however nothing happens to my light

when I test dim it works

can you please make sure the on and off urls you provided are accurate and didn't get messed up when copying and pasting. thanks

Comment

also you said map type was blank. what about for device type?

Comment

Working...
                                X