Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Z-wave devices - how best to get them fully supported?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Z-wave devices - how best to get them fully supported?

Hi,

I know ZWave certification is supposed to mean that controllers like HomeSeer don't need to change their software to accommodate every new device, but in practise it seems that often some tweaking (or worse) is required when a new device comes along.

In my case I'm looking for the new Fibaro Radiator valve to be supported, but more generally than that - what is the best or right way to request support for a new device and is there any information/logs/anything else we should or can provide that would make it as easy as possible?

I am hoping that while some work is going on with the ZWave plugin, that perhaps this Fibaro device could be accommodated at the same time?

Thanks,

Jon.

If the device is Z-Wave certified then asking the company to send a sample to HST is your best bet along with a request at support@homeseer.com
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks - I will submit a request, but in the event that they're not as helpful as we might like, is there a 'second-best'?

Cheers,

Jon.

Comment

Hi Jon,

Did you get anywhere with this? Is it now implemented and are your's working correctly?

Comment

I'm afraid Fibaro didn't seem to be interested and HS support tried a bit to talk to them but not that hard, so nothing happened.
          In the end, I've put the Fibaro Heat Controller in a drawer and bought Eurotronic Spirit instead. The Eurotronic works.

Cheers,

Jon.

Comment

Working...
          X