No announcement yet.

Out of Memory. Crashing HS3 - Solution!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, just making sure. I believe this issue is related to Linux only.

Can you update your system to the Z-Wave plugin 3.0.1.183 that I just posted. Only minor changes, but I did make a change to reduce CPU usage. See if there is any change.

Originally posted by sbrunner View Post
    On a SEL Pro - Linux.

Current Date/Time: 1/4/2018 3:12:25 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368
    Linux version: Linux hometrollerSEL 3.16.0-031600-generic #201408031935 SMP Sun Aug 3 23:56:17 UTC 2014 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux System Uptime: 2 Days 1 Hour 50 Minutes 0 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.x.x
    Number of Devices: 94
    Number of Events: 9
    Available Threads: 199

Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.1.6: JowiHue
    3.0.0.102: LutronCaseta
    1.1.17336.309: MyQ
    3.0.6542.35207: UltraWeatherWU3
    3.0.1.130: Z-Wave
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
      Ok, just making sure. I believe this issue is related to Linux only.

Can you update your system to the Z-Wave plugin 3.0.1.183 that I just posted. Only minor changes, but I did make a change to reduce CPU usage. See if there is any change.
      Just finished snow blowing down here just over the border from you, good luck up there in NH

Just put .183 in place on my test VM and re-connected the Nest plugin to my account. Will monitor.

Comment

Bad news, running .183, and hit the CPU usage issue.

Comment

Can you clarify the issue? Is the Z-Wave plugin just using high cpu? And is everything still working ok, or are there errors in the log?

Heading out to blow the driveway, 12" of snow here but its really blowing around.

Originally posted by mloebl View Post
          Bad news, running .183, and hit the CPU usage issue.

Comment

Can you clarify the issue? Is the Z-Wave plugin just using high cpu? And is everything still working ok, or are there errors in the log?

Heading out to blow the driveway, 12" of snow here but its really blowing around.
            My apologies; System is working fine, but the CPU usage with HSconsole starts getting really high and staying there. Attached a screenshot from the very basic Trial HS3 installation I did. In the VM it's manageable, but on the ARM board, it will keep increasing (doubling in CPU usage) until the system eventually halts. I haven't seen any warning either. Will go from very low CPU usage to what you can see in the pic.

We got about 12-14" here, going to finish tomorrow when I can see Wind is brutal.

EDIT: No errors in the log that I observed either.
            Attached Files

Comment

In comparison, here's how the system looks after stopping and restarting HS3.
              Attached Files

Comment

My Nest plugin trial license expired. If you get me another trial, you are welcome to SSH into my system and pull some diagnostics. Let me know if you want to do this, and we can exchange contact offline.

Comment

send me an email at rjh@... and I will get you a trial license.

Originally posted by sbrunner View Post
                  My Nest plugin trial license expired. If you get me another trial, you are welcome to SSH into my system and pull some diagnostics. Let me know if you want to do this, and we can exchange contact offline.

Comment

If its still running high cpu, run the command:

top -H

This will display the threads and we can see how many HS3 threads are running and which ones they are.

Originally posted by mloebl View Post
                    In comparison, here's how the system looks after stopping and restarting HS3.

Comment

Comment

A user sent me their HS3 folder and I am running it here on an SEL and I see the issue. Difficult to debug but I am working on it. So far a mystery. It appears that something in MONO is using the CPU as none of the HS threads show as active when the CPU is high. Will report when I know more.

Comment

Might have a fix for this, or at least my test system has run the longest it has ever run. If you are seeing this issue update to HS3 build 415 which is posted here:

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=181241

Comment

Might have a fix for this, or at least my test system has run the longest it has ever run. If you are seeing this issue update to HS3 build 415 which is posted here:

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=181241
                            So far after 24 hours this seems to be working well for me. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Comment

This may be a dumb question but I dowloaded build 415. unzipped the file and clicked on autostart. Nothing happened. Still with old build. What am I doing wrong?

Comment

Working...
                                X