Logic problem on event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Logic problem on event

I have an event that turns on a set of lights. It is controlled triggered from an simple Insteon switch or from a voice command. That works well.

At the door to the room I have also a Keypad Linc V2 Dimmer. It has the main load button at the top for ON and a big button at the bottom for the OFF as well as 4 other buttons with lights.

I would like to also control the event with the main LOAD ON and OFF from the KeypadLinc.

So if I use a voice command to trigger the event I also send a control device to turn on the KeypadLinc.

BUT what happens is the event sees the KeypadLinc turning on so the event fires again. I need a way to turn on the Keypad without triggering any event until the current event is completed. Otherwise it goes off and on and off and on repeatedly.

Hope that is clear?

Isn't there an event advanced option to not run the event again within X time (e.g. 30 seconds)?

Comment

If entering a 'Cannot retrigger for' time does the job, that should be fine.

I may not be clear on what you are doing, though. Can you post a screen shot of your voice command event and the keypadlink event?

If the voice command and the keypadlink command both trigger the lights, and the voice command also triggers the keypadlink command, you could also consider having the voice command simply trigger the keypadlink, which will then trigger the lights. Is there a specific reason for the duplication?
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

i want to be able to control the lights with voice or by pushing the button. The problem is the buttons are indicators only. So unless I send a command the led doesnt show the correct state of the lights.

So when the voice command says turn on lights I also send a command to turn on the led on the wall linkpad.

How the off and on events trigger from either voice OR the keypad button. The on event turns on the keypad and off turns off the keypad. but that also triggers the event that happens when the keypad is triiggered.

so on it toggles back and forth on and off and on and off.

I didnt see any way to stop other events from firing.

Comment

Originally posted by mworsnop View Post
          i want to be able to control the lights with voice or by pushing the button. . . .unless I send a command the led doesnt show the correct state of the lights. So when the voice command says turn on lights I also send a command to turn on the led on the wall linkpad. but that also triggers the event that happens when the keypad is triiggered.
          So, why not just have the voice event send a command to the keypadlink? If I understand you, that will control the LED and the light.
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

sounds like a good idea! Thanks for opening my eyes!

BUT the problem is the Alexa created a group or Phillips Hue did, and thats not part of the event.

So I say

Alexa turn on bedroom

it doesnt go to HS for that. I should have thought about this before. Its handy to have it just simple like that but maybe I should remove that.

Comment

One of the annoying side effects of having too many control "cooks" working at the same time.

Unfortunately, I do not have the same hardware, so have no insight into how one might circumvent the problem. Depending on what you think of as "fun", figuring out how to do what you want without the conflict could be an interesting problem to work on.

Comment

Working...
              X