Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news, they have released version 1.1 of the Nest API, and the humidity% is now available, so I'm going to add a new device for this value.

Comment

spud,
      Could you also look at adding the nest protect "is_manual_test_active" and "last_manual_test_time" values into devices. These would be good for setting reminders to do manual tests on the devices.

Comment

Spud, how do I install 3.0.0.9?

Comment

Files and installation instructions are in the first post of this thread

Comment

Thank you sir, getting the real time fan status was exactly what I needed.

Comment

And... I take that back.

The 'HVAC Status' will switch from heating or cooling to idle long before the fan is turned off. I still can't use this for what I need.

Maybe there is no way to do this other than the mechanical way I was with the ocelot.

I simply need to know when the fan is mechanically moving or stationary.

Comment

Originally posted by joegrace13 View Post
                And... I take that back.

The 'HVAC Status' will switch from heating or cooling to idle long before the fan is turned off. I still can't use this for what I need.

Maybe there is no way to do this other than the mechanical way I was with the ocelot.

the HVAC status is not part yet of the official Nest API, so the best I can do for the moment is guess. As for the fan status, the device currently only report when the fan timer is activated, but if they add to the API the real status of the fan, I could add this to the plugin as well.

so, to maximize chances to see both features in a future version of the API, add your upvote and comment to this feature suggestion: https://community.nest.com/ideas/4101

Comment

Originally posted by joegrace13 View Post
                  And... I take that back.

Also, I think that I recall reading that Nest actually has the fan run a little after the heat/cool cycle switches off, to ensure that you get full distribution of that heated/cooled air. So, it's possible that part of the issue with the virtual HVAC status is actually directly down to the behaviour of the Nest.
                  cheeryfool

Comment

Yup. I would have to know the Airwave status of the Nest as well.

Only then can I tell if the fan is running or not.

Comment

Comment

what OS and version of .NET are you running?
                        try to update to .NET 4.5

Comment

Hi,
                          I m under windows 7 32b
                          Framework 4.50709

Comment

Originally posted by mulderonline View Post
                            Hi,
                            I m under windows 7 32b
                            Framework 4.50709
                            how did you find "Framework 4.50709". That seems like a strange version number for .NET framework.

anyway, could you try to install or re-install .NET 4.5: http://www.microsoft.com/fr-ca/downl....aspx?id=40779

Comment

I have try this:

nov.-25 07:40:11 Version: 4.0.30319.18408
                              nov.-25 07:40:02 Event Running script in background: C:/Program Files/HomeSeer HS3/scripts/Version_Framework.vb
                              but version is same befor and after deinstall/reinstall
                              Thx for your help.

Comment

Plugin Nothing Happens When Hitting Done

I have the latest beta of the Nest plug in and I am using the Linux beta of HS3. When I try to configure and link the plug in to the Nest, I go to the Nest page, get the activation pin, input into the form on the plug in configuration. When I hit done, nothing happens and it just hangs. Have tried multiple times and have deleted the Works With Nest entries for this and tried again. I saw someone else with this problem and they alluded to the fact that it was a firewall issue, but nothing else.

I have this as a log entry and any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
                                Scott

DEBUG System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for Newtonsoft.Json.Utilities.ConvertUtils ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Numerics, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. File name: 'System.Numerics, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.DefaultContractResolver.IsJson PrimitiveType (System.Type t) [0x00000] in :0 at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.DefaultContractResolver.Create Contract (System.Type objectType) [0x00000] in :0 at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.DefaultContractResolver.Resolv eContract (System.Type type) [0x00000] in :0 at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.G etContractSafe (System.Type type) [0x00000] in :0 at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.D eserialize (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, System.Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent) [0x00000] in :0 at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, System.Type objectType) [0x00000] in :0 at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.Deserialize (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, System.Type objectType) [0x00000] in :0 at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject (System.String value, System.Type type, Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializerSettings settings) [0x00000] in :0 at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[AccessTokenResponse] (System.String value, Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializerSettings settings) [0x00000] in :0 at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[AccessTokenResponse] (System.String value) [0x00000] in :0 at NestSharp.NestClient.GetAccessToken (System.String pin) [0x00000] in :0 at HSPI_Nest.WebConfig.postBackProc (System.String page, System.String data, System.String user, Int32 userRights) [0x00000] in :0

Comment

Working...
                                X