Cycling Qubino RGBWW dimmer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cycling Qubino RGBWW dimmer

I have a few http://qubino.com/products/flush-rgbw-dimmer/ and they work great. The ones I'm struggling with are wired to https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There are parameters you can set for dimming/brightening time, but that only applies to the cool white color. The R, G, B, and warm white colors just jump to whatever value you set.

How would I write a recurring event, that would cycle the RGBW through 30 second intervals for example. There are quite a few color options but not so many parameters. There is a rainbow parameter that would be perfect, except it appears to be scene controlled. Not sure about that.

Any help is appreciated. These will be XMAS lights this time of year and since they're waterproof (I sealed all the connections in liquid electrical tape) they will be used as underwater dock lighting in the summer.
    Attached Files

Attached Files
    Michael

Comment

I have the manual that I'm linking to, but it's about as clear as mud to me.

Here's all the child devices in a screenshot and here's a link to the manual since it wouldn't upload. Any help in the right direction is appreciated.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/02...36820666534342

BTW, I don't have any physical switches for I1, etc. Everything will be through events.
      Attached Files

Comment

It looks like parameter 5 might be the one you want.

See my event above and replace with parameter 5and the scene you want. Let us know!
        Attached Files
        Michael

Comment

Setting parameter 5 to 1 did the trick! I had tried that but I was turning the binary switch on, not the multi-level switch.

I also had to be a bit patient since it takes it a few seconds to make the very gradual changes. Thanks a 16 million! Colors, that is.

Now to play again!

Comment

Glad it works for you!
            Michael

Comment

Hi,

Is there a plug-in you are using to control these LEDs? I am looking in to using LED lighting and Qubino but looking for more information on how HS can control these. Are they just ZWave devices that are configured in HomeSeer or is there some plugin that makes it easier to control?

Comment

I am only using HS3 events to change parameters and then control lights. They worked perfectly for XMAS lighting outdoors. They looked very cool under a few inches of snow.

In a month, they'll go underwater around the dock. I used a "Liquid Electrical Tape" to encase all the connections and make them waterproof. It held up against the snow and cold, we'll see how it works underwater.

The Qubino is just a z-wave device with lots of parameters that you control through HS3.

Here's two different events using the built in "scenes". However, you could just as easily create your own event for whatever you want.
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, will look in to this and thanks for the information....

Comment

I've been trying to figure out where to set the configuration parameter in the event but don't see that option listed. It must be something I am missing to get this set.

Comment

Originally posted by mlagase View Post
                      I've been trying to figure out where to set the configuration parameter in the event but don't see that option listed. It must be something I am missing to get this set.
                      Look for Z-Wave Actions, then Set a Configuration Parameter Value, then select the device, then the parameter number, value to set and the size in bytes.
                      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Aha, that is exactly what I was looking for!! I am new to Zwave and overlooked that option. The Qubino is doing exactly what I want now...

Thank you rprade!!

Comment

Working...
                        X