Error - Reading Child PEData - all disabled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error - Reading Child PEData - all disabled

After using this great plugin for som time I started to notice that all child devices suddenly would be disabled.
    I can re-enable them one by one, but all settings under the SDJ-health tab for each child device would be disabled and reset also. So I need to select the "Set all to Global" button. Then it would work for some time.
    But after a server/HS3 restart everything would be disabled again. I attached part of the log. Looks like some sort of conversion problem?
    Attached Files

Originally posted by iceball View Post
    After using this great plugin for som time I started to notice that all child devices suddenly would be disabled.
    I can re-enable them one by one, but all settings under the SDJ-health tab for each child device would be disabled and reset also. So I need to select the "Set all to Global" button. Then it would work for some time.
    But after a server/HS3 restart everything would be disabled again. I attached part of the log. Looks like some sort of conversion problem?
    I agree it would appear to be a conversion problem although I'm not sure why it should suddenly start doing it. I just shutdown HS3 and restarted it to make absolutely sure I don't see the issue. It all started ok.

What version of HS3 are you running and on what os?

When the pi initialises it reads the data stored in the PED of the monitoring child devices. The first data item is the file version which is used to track pi updates that might require modification of the devices. The current file version is 1.8 and it is stored as a string but converted to a double after loading. The conversion from the string to the double is throwing the error on your system for some unknown reason. Because of that it doesn't load any of the rest of the data for that child, hence the reason it is disabled and all the settings lost.

I've just realised that if you're system is set to use a comma as the decimal separator this conversion might cause a problem. Is that the case? If so it is sloppy coding on my part

I will make a minor change to the code and send you an updated version to test. Unfortunately I am away from home at the moment so might not get a chance to do it until saturday.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post
      What version of HS3 are you running and on what os?

I've just realised that if you're system is set to use a comma as the decimal separator this conversion might cause a problem. Is that the case? If so it is sloppy coding on my part

Steve
      I'm running version 3.0.0.398 on Windows 10, and yes, comma as decimal separator here in Norway

Thanks! Just contact me and I can test it out.

Comment

I'm running version 3.0.0.398 on Windows 10, and yes, comma as decimal separator here in Norway

Thanks! Just contact me and I can test it out.
        I set up a test install with comma set as the decimal separator and I couldn't replicate the error so I am less certain of the cure. However, I have made some small changes to the code in the section that throws the error. Could you test the attached. If it works then great, if not I will send you a debug version to look a little deeper.

Just disable the plug-in then copy the attached file from the zip over the existing in the HS3 root directory, then re-enable the pi. The log should show 3.0.5.7 initialized.

Let me know how you get on.

Steve
        Attached Files

Comment

Looks like everything works perfect now! Thanks

Comment

Looks like everything works perfect now! Thanks
            That's good I'll get latest version into the updater.

Steve

Comment

Working...
            X