www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Lighting & Primary Technology Plug-ins > Lighting & Primary Technology Discussion > JowiHue Plug-In

JowiHue Plug-In Discussion area for JowiHue plug-in by W.Vuyk

Old January 5th, 2018, 08:54 PM
Seer Master

This is exciting stuff

I just purchased this PI and ordered a R3 along with the raspbee zigbee addon board. I'm fascinated by all the zigbee things that just might play nice with all the z-wave devices.

I see I have to somehow get deConz up and running. What else???
Old January 6th, 2018, 08:08 AM
OverSeer

Make sure you setup deCONZ with the beta version available. There is no release yet that supports the current possiblities. Also make sure you get the firmware version on level, but the Webapp or Phoscon pages should warn you once you log on to that.

Other then that I would not know. But I have been azy and bought the ready made RaspBee, so I might skipped a few steps in preperation of course.

Wim

Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts
Old January 6th, 2018, 09:17 AM
Seer Master

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I'm buying a CanaKit that should be ready to go and a https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...E0JY4R2Y&psc=1 zigbee addon card.

The deConz installation will be a bit more of a challenge, but I'll seek out help if (when) I get stuck.
Old January 8th, 2018, 01:15 PM
Seer Master

I got my Zigbee card from Amazon yesterday. Plugged it into a Raspberry Pi two, and I just installed the Raspbee gateway image onto the Raspberry pi.

https://www.dresden-elektronik.de/fu...ard-image/?L=1

Then, I mapped it to a static IP in my router and I was able to add it to Homeseer thru the Jowi plugin.

I have no Zigbee devices (yet), but it seems to recognize the RaspBee bridge this way.
Old January 8th, 2018, 05:09 PM
OverSeer

wpiman,

Make sure you update deCONZ to the latest beta (2.04.99). Also, be aware that if you want to use sensors, you need to have at least one light connected to make the sensors actually work.

Have fun!!

Wim
Old January 12th, 2018, 03:00 PM
Seer Master

I have the zigbee card installed and deCONZ 2.04.99 up and running. deCONZ sees the card. Jowihue sees the RPi since it identified the correct ip address of the RPi.

So the next thing would be to "Register Bridge". However, clicking the radio box shows "Registering Bridge - Press button on bridge" What button?
Old January 12th, 2018, 04:56 PM
Super Seer

In the deCONZ web app under "settings" there is an "Unlock Gateway" button.
Old January 12th, 2018, 06:41 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
In the deCONZ web app under "settings" there is an "Unlock Gateway" button.
Houston, we have lift-off.
Old Today, 05:22 PM
Seer Master

I couldn't stand the suspense of waiting for the plane from China so I went to HD and bought a Philips Hue RGB Bulb. After clicking Connect a Device the bulb appeared in the WebApp and the Phoscon App where I added it to my first group.

In JowiHue I can control the bulb through a myriad of colors, brightnesses and saturation though it's not easy to follow which slider does what. But it does work!

Could the Phoscon and JowiHue possibly conflict if both are up and running? Should I only keep deCONZ active?
Old Today, 06:10 PM
OverSeer

Racefern,

for a color bulb from Philips there will be 4 devices. The main device being the on/off device, where you can dim the the light. There is a Hue device, that is controlling the color. This deivce works in close harmony with the saturation device. With the saturation device you can control the color strength of the Hue setting, where 1 is lightest (whites) and 254 most saturated (strongest saturated color).
Aside from these device you have the CT device, where you can set the colortemperature of the bulb (whites) wich you can use to change from warm white to cold whites.

As for combining the Philips bridge and the deCONZ gateways, you can use any combination in any number without issues for the plugin. So if you'd like to use two Philips Hue bridges with three Raspbee/Conbee combination, it should just work. No issues as long you realise that each geteway needs at least one light to function properly with sensors.
Also you can use an app or phoscon to change the settings, the plugin should just update with the new settings.

Wim