Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Login Notification

Hi:
    Has anybody ever come up with a clever way to notify the HS owner when someone logs into his website (either that, or developed a way to highlight the logins in the log so that they are easier to spot). Periodically going through all the entries in the log to see who has checked in lately gets real dull real fast
    Thanks, John.

John,
    Do a search for guest logins and you will see a few ways that people have designed to monitor the log for guest users. One of the more elaborate is called Whois visiting my web server. There are other less sophisticated methods available as well. I wrote an asp page many moons ago that simply parses the log on the fly and lists all guest logins as well.
    Attached Files
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Man Rupp! That's a nice shade of red...I want that for my web pages.... Oh' and cool login page too!

22v10

Comment

I have JEANNIE announce when a visitor logs in

At my site, I go to a Welcome page first and it makes an announcement over the home audio system that a Visitor has just logged in to the site. It also keeps a count of login's since the first of each year.

All of the pages that visitors have access to also have counters so I can see what ones are popular and those that aren't, get replaced with something new.

Since I have very few authorized users, almost every one is a visitor. The Welcome asp page has a hs.speak message built in.

I also use Jon00's Whois system and like it very much. Works great and easy to install.

I have changed the Whois asp pages so that they use the Touchpad Americana format. I like that much better than the defauly HS pages.

Comment

Jon00 whois login asp

Hi again:
          Well I ended up using the Jon00 asp system and it really works well. However I have one question. What is the best way to clear out the entries and start with a fresh web page?

I tried clearing the data from the csv page and I was still left with the little blue info shortcut dots for each entry. I also tried setting the default number of entries to display to 1 in the ini file and then I ran the whois event and set it back to 60. I thought about setting the number of entries to display to 0 in the ini file, but I didn't try it because I have seen things blow up when zeros appear in the wrong place.

I think there must be a better way to clear everything. Any ideas.

Thanks, John

Comment

Working...
          X