Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Support for Aoetec Aeon Labs Siren - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I mentioned before and confirmed by U5tabil, you can set the volume and tone using an HS3 Event.

Comment

Just didn't know if it was more streamlined now... Thanks for the response and the work around.

Comment

Originally posted by slbuck View Post
        With the ability to set a configuration parameter as a z-wave action, I thought I'd list out the decimal values to get the various siren and volume combinations. I can now use these in events to change the Aeon siren on the fly. When sending the configuration parameter 37, the siren will immediately turn on, so keep that in mind when creating events with the siren.
        One thing I discovered when activating the siren by setting the configuration parameters: There is no z-wave notification to HS. Also, there is no default polling interval set when initially including the siren.

I have a timeout event for the siren which turns it off if it's been on for more than 10 minutes. The problem is, HS never sees the siren as being on when it's activated by a configuration parameter. Normally, with z-wave devices, you would set the configuration parameter, and then control the device by turning it on, but this siren doesn't act that way.

We found this out one time when the siren was activated via configuration parameters, but for some reason the z-wave off signal never made it and so it happily blasted out the siren for about 3 hours.

What I ended up doing was any time I called an event to turn on the siren, I added a z-wave poll of the siren to make sure that the device showed correctly so that my timeout event could continually try to turn it off after 10 minutes if for some reason it remains on.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by slbuck View Post
          One thing I discovered when activating the siren by setting the configuration parameters: There is no z-wave notification to HS. Also, there is no default polling interval set when initially including the siren.
          I just found this in the engineering guide for the siren. From another thread regarding the doorbell, there is confirmation that this works and should also work for the siren since it's the exact same parameter on both. The default value is 0 which means don't notify. Setting this to 1 should enable notification to HS whenever the siren goes off. I haven't tested this since it's so late, but this should solve the notification issue so I don't have to poll the device anymore.
          Attached Files

Comment

True. I forgot about setting that on initial setup. It worked for me.

Comment

Thanks for all of the helpful information. I have my siren where I can run an event to turn each of the 5 sirens on, but don't seem to be able to turn it off with HomeSeer. Having to manually push the button on the siren. Can someone show me how they have it configured to HS.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesTatePa View Post
                Thanks for all of the helpful information. I have my siren where I can run an event to turn each of the 5 sirens on, but don't seem to be able to turn it off with HomeSeer. Having to manually push the button on the siren. Can someone show me how they have it configured to HS.
                Here you go. In this example, I have 3 events that are used to set an alert every minute after a window is left open for 1 minute. The first event checks whether the window is open and then calls the 1 second siren event. The 1 second siren event calls the siren sound 1 88 db event. Keep in mind that as soon as you set the configuration parameter 37 to the value you want to trigger the sound and volume, the siren will immediately activate.

You'll also want to make sure that parameter 80 is set to 1 so that the status of the siren will update to ON when you set parameter 37 to activate it. I have a timeout event that will silence the alarm if it runs for too long.
                Attached Files

Comment

Still doesn't work for me. I set parameter 80 to a 1. Then ran my event. The siren did not shut off after 1 second so I tried to manually turn it off and that did not work. Had to push the button on the alarm to turn it off. Here is part of the log showing where the event tried to turn if off after 1 second and where I tried to manually turn it off.

Mar-08 8:52:43 PM Device Control Device: Z_Controls Office Aeon Labs Siren - Node 14 to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                  Mar-08 8:52:19 PM Device Control Device: Z_Controls Office Aeon Labs Siren - Node 14 to Off (0)
                  Mar-08 8:52:18 PM Event Event Trigger "Test Siren 5 Test 1 second 88 dB"
                  Mar-08 8:52:18 PM Event Event Test Siren 5 Test 1 second 88 dB triggered by the event page 'Run' button.

I am also going to post my event.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JamesTatePa View Post
                    Still doesn't work for me. I set parameter 80 to a 1. Then ran my event. The siren did not shut off after 1 second so I tried to manually turn it off and that did not work. Had to push the button on the alarm to turn it off. Here is part of the log showing where the event tried to turn if off after 1 second and where I tried to manually turn it off.

Mar-08 8:52:43 PM Device Control Device: Z_Controls Office Aeon Labs Siren - Node 14 to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                    Mar-08 8:52:19 PM Device Control Device: Z_Controls Office Aeon Labs Siren - Node 14 to Off (0)
                    Mar-08 8:52:18 PM Event Event Trigger "Test Siren 5 Test 1 second 88 dB"
                    Mar-08 8:52:18 PM Event Event Test Siren 5 Test 1 second 88 dB triggered by the event page 'Run' button.

I am also going to post my event.
                    Have you optimized your z-wave network since adding the siren? I know with mine, to get the siren added securely, I had to move it close to my z-wave controller, then move it to the final location. I then optimized the network to update the return route. Try that and also wait 2 seconds to turn it off. Sometimes I've had the off action get missed by the siren but I could always press the off button within HS to get it turned off.

Comment

Guys thanks for all this and I've got the siren to turn on okay but how do you get it to switch off again as I can't suss it at all?

I'm guessing it's another Z Wave action command but I can't for the life of me fathom what it is.

Ta

K.

Comment

Anyone? Please?

K.

Comment

You shouldn't need a z-wave action to turn the siren off. I just set the device to off and that turns the siren off.

Comment

That's the strange thing, when it's been seen by HS there are no controls whatsoever, all I can see is the status of them.

In the events there is no control options either, I cannot for example tell HS to switch them off and can only switch them on using the commands as previous.

K.

Comment

What version of the z-wave plugin are you running? Make sure it's up to date. What do you show for your siren's root device node (under Plug-Ins-->Z-Wave-->Node Information. I've attached my info here. If you don't have the secure commands, you will need to re-add the siren while it is located close to the controller. I typically have my secure devices associate within about 15 feet of the controller.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Would anyone be so kind to post a full scan of the manual here? Can't find it online.

I'm having issues with my siren. For example, there doesn't seem to be a way to turn it off.

Thanks so much!

Comment

Working...
                                X