Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NutsyHome View Post
    Correct, there's no "total" device.
    I created an Event/Script to add it up whenever a source changed, then set that total to a user-created device for presentation.
    NutsyHome...would would be willing to share your script for generating the totals?

Thanks!

Comment

What do you mean no "total" device?
      It has 2 sets of devices for each Line:
      readings for Volt, Amp, Watt
      and total accumulated kW/h (can be reset at any time)

What do you calculate for total?

Comment

Hi NustyHome

Do you have the same readings from ZW095 compared to your home Power Meter?
        I mean Amp & Watt for each line.

My ZW095 shows twice higher values.

For example, actual readings from Home Power Meter:
        V = 122
        I = 1.1
        W = 134
        ZW095 shows
        V = 122
        I = 2.2
        W = 268

And kW/h value accumulated for a month ZW095 shows 2 time more that Utility Bill.

Comment

Originally posted by ascotek View Post
          Hi NustyHome

I've honestly never checked... Maybe next billing cycle I'll reset the kWh counter and see what happens after a month.

Comment

Hi NustyHome

My ZW095 shows twice higher values.....
            And kW/h value accumulated for a month ZW095 shows 2 time more that Utility Bill.
            I had similar problem, although not precisely double (close). I contacted tech support at Aeotec, but I couldn't resolve the problem. I no longer live in that home and I have not set up the devices yet in my new home.

Elliott
            "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
            "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Correct, there's no "total" device.
              I created an Event/Script to add it up whenever a source changed, then set that total to a user-created device for presentation.
              Some work on this device in the last update to the plugin. But still only 12 devices (after rescan, not exclude/include). All the "Total Readings" (six available in the device (see link in first post), but probably only Watts and kWh is necessary) is still missing.

Comment

Hi NustyHome

Over the past month, my ZW095 total kWH matches my electric bill...

Comment

Originally posted by g33k View Post
                  NutsyHome...would would be willing to share your script for generating the totals?

Thanks!
                  Oops, missed this a while back...

This is based on my system, where the individual Watts devices are 40 and 44.
                  I created a dummy device number 47.
                  (Device numbers can be seen from their "Advanced" tab).

This event triggers whenever either Watts device changes value.

Sub Main(parm as object)
                  Dim WattsNow as Double
                  '47=Watts variable, 44=Watts1, 40=Watts2

WattsNow = hs.deviceValue(44) + hs.DeviceValue(40)
                  hs.SetDeviceValueByRef(47, WattsNow, True)

End Sub

Comment

{subscribed}...
                    ive got one coming.. not sure if gen5 or not as bought used but was cheap... so ill be coming back here if I have similar issue..
                    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Oops, missed this a while back...

This is based on my system, where the individual Watts devices are 40 and 44.
                      I created a dummy device number 47.
                      (Device numbers can be seen from their "Advanced" tab).

This event triggers whenever either Watts device changes value.

Sub Main(parm as object)
                      Dim WattsNow as Double
                      '47=Watts variable, 44=Watts1, 40=Watts2

WattsNow = hs.deviceValue(44) + hs.DeviceValue(40)
                      hs.SetDeviceValueByRef(47, WattsNow, True)

End Sub
                      Below is how I calculate the totals and graph the output. I use Jon's Database Chart utility to build and graph the results.

This is a screenshot of the devices...
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	HS-Device.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	1196891

This is a screenshot of the events that updates the information in the devices, it runs every minute.

Name:	HS-Event.jpg
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	1196892

This is a chart that is produced using Jon's utility.

Name:	HS-JonChart.jpg
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	1196893

Hope this helps.
                      Billy

Comment

Hi All
                        I have Aeotec ZW095 2 phase (US/Canada).
                        Installed as per manual - no mistakes. Included without any errors as well.
                        Works more than 6 month, ALL this time readings WRONG from actual.

1. Voltage - Line 1 & 2 - readings correct, each line around 120 V
                        2. Amps - Line 1 & 2 readings are TWICE larger then actual from Main Power Meter.
                        3. Watts - Line 1 & 2 readings are TWICE larger then actual from Main Power Meter.
                        4. kW/h - summary readings and All Graphs (hourly / daily / monthly) shows values TWICE larger then actual from Utility Bill.

If anyone had something like this? Please advise how to adjust the correct readings?
                        Thank you.

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.368
                        I have the same problem. I contacted Aeotec support and they suggested it was a problem with Homeseer. They looked at my configuration and saw no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Archcantor View Post

I have the same problem. I contacted Aeotec support and they suggested it was a problem with Homeseer. They looked at my configuration and saw no problem.
                          I had this too (I eventually returned it as I didn't find it useful enough) but when I installed it, I recall reading somethin about this "doubling" problem -- I think the solution was to check the directions of your line sensing clamps - they have to "point" in oppose directions and one of them may be flipped.

Comment

Originally posted by jvm View Post

I had this too (I eventually returned it as I didn't find it useful enough) but when I installed it, I recall reading somethin about this "doubling" problem -- I think the solution was to check the directions of your line sensing clamps - they have to "point" in oppose directions and one of them may be flipped.
                            Yep. I was aware the clamps had direction markings and needed to "point" in opposite directions. Double checked that but thanks for the reminder. I wonder why some people seem to be getting accurate readings and then some of us get double.

Comment

Try excluding it and then reinclude it. I have 4 of them (one on the main power line and then three more monitoring 6 branch circuits) and I’ve seen issues with their readings and excluding and reincluding has fixed it.
                              HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                              Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I also face similar issuess using ZW095 1P 100A and 3P 200A HEM. Updated with latest firmwares, 1.35 for 1P and 1.4 for 3P.
                                Both included, but not having Total Readings (3 hs3 devices missing for them).
                                Also I have Readings for kWh and Watts doubled in 3P HEM.

Tried playing with parameters, but the problem not fixed.
                                Someone fixed both problems (missing total devices and double readings)?

Using latest Z-Wave (non-beta) with HS3 latest beta

Comment

Working...
                                X