X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(HS3/Rpi2) Error when trying to do a backup

HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.368
    Insteon Plugin - v3.0.6.32

When try to run a backup I get the following error..
    '404 Bad Request: /HomeSeerBackup_4_16_2018-22_11.zip'

The screens I went through to run the backup..
    Tools/Setup/'Configuration'/'Backup/Restore'/Backup Config

I get "Creating backup file" for about a minute then the error
    (404 Bad Request: /HomeSeerBackup_4_16_2018-22_11.zip)

I turned on logging in the Setup options but when I try to view the log it's blank.
    I was able to get a backup when I first started getting this working but now no joy.

Help!

Just a guesstimate here....make sure you are logged in to Homeseer 3 as an admin.

Make sure that you have a ConfigBackup directory in the HomeSeer directory.

Here do not see anything in the logs when doing a backup.

[ATTACH]68249[/ATTACH]
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
      Just a guesstimate here....make sure you are logged in to Homeseer 3 as an admin.

Make sure that you have a ConfigBackup directory in the HomeSeer directory.

Here do not see anything in the logs when doing a backup.

[ATTACH]68249[/ATTACH]
      Hi Pete, In HS3 I log out and can log back in with any user name so I don't think I have any control in HS3 if I am an admin or if it makes that distinction.

I try to log onto linux tools but its not taking any of the credentials I would have used but I don't recall being prompted to set one when I installed the image.

Is this something I might be able to do using the CLI from the console? My Rpi and linux knowledge is pretty weak still so I'm afraid so I would need a step by step.

Comment

I try to log onto linux tools but its not taking any of the credentials I would have used but I don't recall being prompted to set one when I installed the image.

This probably has to work as user should have RW access to the /HomeSeer directory.

SSH to your box and create a sudo user named homeseer.

sudo adduser homeseer
        sudo usermod -aG sudo homeseer

log out of your RPi

login in using homeseer

type

chmod -R 777 /usr/local/HomeSeer

Go to the HS3 GUI and add a homeseer user. Make that user admin and change the password so it matches previously configured user.

Now try the linux tools using homeseer and your new password try your backup stuff.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

This probably has to work as user should have RW access to the /HomeSeer directory.

SSH to your box and create a sudo user named homeseer.

sudo adduser homeseer
          sudo usermod -aG sudo homeseer

log out of your RPi

login in using homeseer

type

chmod -R 777 /usr/local/HomeSeer

Go to the HS3 GUI and add a homeseer user. Make that user admin and change the password so it matches previously configured user.

Now try the linux tools using homeseer and your new password try your backup stuff.
          With the monitor connected I see I am getting some disk full/Error in Save messages for ../Insteon Error Rort.log

Maybe an 8Gb Micro USD was not a good choice. I'll rebuild a new Image on a 32 Gb card and start fresh. I'll follow up of course.

Thanks much..especially for the time you have put into this so far.

Comment

Maybe an 8Gb Micro USD was not a good choice. I'll rebuild a new Image on a 32 Gb card and start fresh. I'll follow up of course.

Yes 8Gb is too small. Here using 16Gb and 32Gb microSD cards.

If you want to check the space on your microsd card go to the tools tab / system / linux tools and type df -H or df -l to see the space you have or have not on your SD card.
            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Yes 8Gb is too small. Here using 16Gb and 32Gb microSD cards.

If you want to check the space on your microsd card go to the tools tab / system / linux tools and type df -H or df -l to see the space you have or have not on your SD card.
              I picked up a 32gb card and did a fresh install on it but it's not been working out. It shows up on the network but port 80 in not available. I notice it gives me two image versions to choose from when i first put the card in and turn on the Rp1. I choose the top one but I'm wondering if its bad. There are some Errors on the console when it starts up so I'm reformatting the card and trying again. I'm also trying on a 16gb card as well. Not sure whats going on.

The original 8gb card still comes up and runs but gives me the file save errors on the console. On that image I can't get into the linux tools. Its asking for a user and password that I recall setting a password for. So any space queries will have to be from the console unless there is a way to find out or clear the Linux tools password.

I've tried preparing the 32gb card using the SD Card Formatter utility on both Mac and Windows.

I'm going to try the second image on this list now and see if that works. The adventure continues...

Comment

I notice it gives me two image versions to choose from when i first put the card in and turn on the Rp1.

RPi1???

The original Zee used the RPi1.

That said I do not know about this stuff relating to the downloaded images.

Not sure why on the RPi there would be something running on port 80.

The whole change the password thing at the prompt when first starting HS3 Lite should be working fine.
                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I notice it gives me two image versions to choose from when i first put the card in and turn on the Rp1.

RPi1???

The whole change the password thing at the prompt when first starting HS3 Lite should be working fine.
                  Isn't port 80 the web server for the HS3 GUI? The port shows open on the 8gb card image that works. Not on the ones that the browser can't find.

I just did the 16 gb card and the browser or find.homesser.com can't find anything. I tried selecting V1 at the startup screen but it gives an error. They must have removed the file. I tried ver 2 but this is where things sit. I do get some errors on the screen during start up. I took some pictures of them. I have to run to an appointment so I will post them when I get back. Really at a loss as to why any image I try to create now is not working.

no obvious way to post pictures so here is a link to the errors I get on the console at startup: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kenpv1n0r...H6VkzF4qa?dl=0

I'm at a dead end now. Help!
                  Last edited by ve3bwp; April 20, 2018, 03:37 PM. Reason: add pictures

Comment

RPi1???

Sorry I meant Rpi2. OK I'll started a new thread about the imagine creation. Thanks

Comment

RPi1???

I'm back! Spring has sprung and we took some roof damage from a bad windstorm so it kept me away from HS3 for a bit. Just to close off this thread, it turns out there was a known issue with the Wheezy image filling up the 8gb card. It was an HS3 problem not the insteon plugin.

So my card had filled up from some runaway process logs thats why I lost all the insteon devices and why I could not do a backup. I had to escalate the issue within HomeSeer and finally got through to someone who knew about the issue. They had also mixed up the files and had posted the wrong images.

Once I got to the right person he updated the two techs that didn't know about the issue and were telling me I was the only one experiencing this. Along the way I found other several people having the same issue with Wheezy.

So after wasting so many hours being lead astray by their own techs they upgraded me to HS3Pro which is now working and lets me use the full 32gb card and has some features I was going to need down the road anyway.

I must say once you get through to the right person they didn't waste any time getting me back on track and made up for all the mixed up files, broken images and lost time.. I still have a ways to go and have a few roadblocks I'm trying to clear before I can put my HS3Pro/Pi2 into production and those questions will go into the appropriate threads. The good thing is I learned a lot. So thanks to all who put in the time to help me with this.

Comment

Working...
                      X