Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am trying to get everything controlled using tablets via HSTouch. Do you think it would be possible to find out the xbmc code for key strokes? I have tried using hs.keys but XBMC doesn't respond to the commands. Maybe create devices for the alphabet and most used symbols in your plugin? Right now I am using the arrow keys and the keyboard within xbmc to type and it is time consuming.

It would be nice if devices were created so i could essentially have a keyboard on my tablet using HSTouch commands or if there was a script that could be written for keys and I can create the different scripts for the each letter.

I have over 460 blu rays ripped and it takes a while to get to the middle movies.

Comment

in version 3.0.0.13, I have added a "send Text" text box to the remote control device which allow you to send text whenever xbmc display the virtual keyboard:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	SendText.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	1171084

Unfortunately I don't think HSTouch handle textbox associated to device yet, so I have also added a scripting function which should allow you to implement the same thing in HSTouch:

the function is:
      Code:
      InputSendText(string player, string text)

Comment

I am unable to see the text box in my device setup? I have disabled then enabled the plugin as well as restarting HS3 but still doesn't show. Any ideas?

Version

Comment

sorry forgot to told you, you need to delete the remote control device and then restart the plugin

Comment

Thanks that worked.

Comment

Any way to create a menu on the TV that could control HomeSeer devices or events?
              Don

Comment

Originally posted by donstephens View Post
                Any way to create a menu on the TV that could control HomeSeer devices or events?
                Yes that's possible, look at this simple example where a Homeseer event is triggered by a new button on the XBMC interface:
                http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=161852

Comment

Hi

Would it be possible to create a device that stores the id of the video file currently playing? I thinking that this way I can store additional information against a movie or tv show and then retrieve it into homeseer eg I might want to watch a horror movie with the lights down low but if I am watching a disney film I'll leave the lights up.

Comment

Originally posted by AquaCom View Post
                    Hi
                    Would it be possible to create a device that stores the id of the video file currently playing? I thinking that this way I can store additional information against a movie or tv show and then retrieve it into homeseer
                    where would you store this additional information?
                    and what do you call the id of a video file?

eg I might want to watch a horror movie with the lights down low but if I am watching a disney film I'll leave the lights up.
                    why don't you use directly the title of the video to do that?

Comment

Thanks for replying

I would create a new table in the xbmc videos database called homeseer and use the idFile field from the files table as the primary key. I am planning on adding a new column to this table for things such as light dim level, amp volume, dsp type on amp, etc

I could use the title as you suggest but there is the possibility of having two or more videos with the same title hence asking for the id. If I had access to the I'd I would be able to retrieve everything and anything from xbmc rather than need more devices in homeseer. If the title contained the full path eg show/series/title then that would be ok but I like the idea of just having the title on its own so wouldn't want that to change

Comment

Thanks for replying

I would create a new table in the xbmc videos database called homeseer and use the idFile field from the files table as the primary key. I am planning on adding a new column to this table for things such as light dim level, amp volume, dsp type on amp, etc

I could use the title as you suggest but there is the possibility of having two or more videos with the same title hence asking for the id. If I had access to the I'd I would be able to retrieve everything and anything from xbmc rather than need more devices in homeseer. If the title contained the full path eg show/series/title then that would be ok but I like the idea of just having the title on its own so wouldn't want that to change
                        I see, but I don't want to add a lot of devices, and I don't see this used by a lot of people so, would that be ok if I add this as a scripting function?

something like:

Code:
                        GetCurrentMediaID(string player)

Comment

I completely agree about not having too many devices, it could easily get out of control!

Yes I would be doing everything inside a script so that would be great, thanks! It would be worth doing one for music and one for video if you can. Personally I have no need for the music one but maybe someone else might. I guess could be useful to be able to pull back genre to help with amp dsp settings etc.

Comment

version 3.0.0.14 available

In version 3.0.0.14 available from here, I have added 2 new scripting functions:
                            Code:
                            int GetCurrentMediaID(string player)
                            string[] GetCurrentGenre(string player)
                            here an example of script:

Code:
                            Sub Main(ByVal parm as object)
                                Dim id as Integer
                                Dim genre() as String
                                Dim i as Integer

id = hs.PluginFunction("XBMC", "", "GetCurrentMediaID", new String() {"TV Room"})
                                genre = hs.PluginFunction("XBMC", "", "GetCurrentGenre", new String() {"TV Room"})
                                hs.WriteLog("XBMC script",id.ToString)

If Not genre Is Nothing Then
                                    For i = LBound(genre) To UBound(genre)
                                        hs.WriteLog("XBMC script",genre(i))    
                                    Next
                                End If
                            End Sub
                            These 2 functions should work with both video and music.

Comment

Excellent work Spud. Looking forward to playing about with that thanks!

Comment

Spud, just wanted to let you know that that works a treat! Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X