Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about Insteon Mini Remote battery replacement

Hello,

I have use for a device like the Insteon Mini Remote. I read it uses a rechargeable battery. That's nice and all only if it can be replaced once it can no longer hold a good charge. Can anyone tell me if this Mini Remote has screws in order to allow access to the battery cell so that it can be replaced? I don't care if I need to solder it in myself. I will not purchase a device like this if I cannot replace the battery.

Much thanks!
    HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
    Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

I dug out my 2342-2 Mini Remote. v1.5s 1344 There are no screws to access the battery. However the front and back housings are definitely separate and there are four plastic clips that seem to hold them together. I did not try to release those clips - seemed like a break just waiting to happen, but does look like you could get in there if you were motivated to.

Comment

Working...
    X