Problem Triggering CADDX: Zone Events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem Triggering CADDX: Zone Events

I have been testing the operation of the CADDX plugin for several weeks now and ran into a problem setting up events for a zone faulted condition. I created the event using the CADDX : Zone option, then specifying the zone name, and finally selecting the 'faulted' condition. The action was to speak the event so I could walk around using HSTouch to "hear" when the zone faulted.

Out of some 10 zones, I could only get one to work correctly. In each case of testing the 10 zones by motion or opening a door or window, the status in HS3 device management converted from GREEN Check-mark to RED X and then back again when the condition returned to normal. SO the plug-in seems to be detecting that the zone faulted correctly but 9 of 10 events would not detect that the zone faulted.

Finally I converted each event to use "If device changes and becomes", then naming the zone, and then specifying the condition 'faulted'. All 10 work perfectly.

I thought I would mention this as I could only get one to work using CADDX:zone and all 10 using device control. Not sure if you have ideas on why the CADDX:zone option did not work but the device control did.

I did disbale the plug-in once, deleted all devices, did a zone rescan again, and created new devices again, and still could not get the CADDX:zone option to work for events.

HS3 .258 & .280
    Win -7 OS

Originally posted by cbabkirk View Post
    I have been testing the operation of the CADDX plugin for several weeks now and ran into a problem setting up events for a zone faulted condition. I created the event using the CADDX : Zone option, then specifying the zone name, and finally selecting the 'faulted' condition. The action was to speak the event so I could walk around using HSTouch to "hear" when the zone faulted.

Out of some 10 zones, I could only get one to work correctly. In each case of testing the 10 zones by motion or opening a door or window, the status in HS3 device management converted from GREEN Check-mark to RED X and then back again when the condition returned to normal. SO the plug-in seems to be detecting that the zone faulted correctly but 9 of 10 events would not detect that the zone faulted.

Finally I converted each event to use "If device changes and becomes", then naming the zone, and then specifying the condition 'faulted'. All 10 work perfectly.

I thought I would mention this as I could only get one to work using CADDX:zone and all 10 using device control. Not sure if you have ideas on why the CADDX:zone option did not work but the device control did.

I did disbale the plug-in once, deleted all devices, did a zone rescan again, and created new devices again, and still could not get the CADDX:zone option to work for events.

HS3 .258 & .280
    Win -7 OS
    Thanks, I will check this out.
    Regards,

Rien du Pre
    The Netherlands
    Using:
    Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
    Plugin's:
    RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Thanks for posting this - I am now setting up my plugin and I experienced the same behavior. Moving it to device change vs. Caddx:Zone works like a charm. Of my 5 motion zones only 1 would trigger using the Caddx:Zone approach.

Comment

I just ran a test on this and was able to get an event to trigger on both the zone faulting or on the zone changing to faulted. It works both ways here.

I tested all of my zones and they all work both ways.
        Last edited by noopara; January 29, 2017, 12:52 PM.

Comment

The problems you are having are different than the problem I originally described. I am NOT having a problem using devices in events and getting them to trigger.

My issue is that when the plugin is setup initially. Just one of my many zones does get discovered/recognized as a zone and with the correct zone name when I execute "Get Zone Info" but does not have an HS device created when I execute "Create HS Devices".

I have rerun the Get Info several times and the Create Device several times but this one zone will not have a device created. So this is not a general problem with the plugin but rather very specific to this one zone.

Otherwise I have been able to successfully create events for notifying of low battery and detecting a "faulted" or "normal" condition when the zone is triggered.

A side note: I created a device manually and mimicked other zones as closely as possible in configuration. This manually created device seems to operate in a similar manner as those created by the plugin but only in one direction; from the security control to CADDX plugin. The plugin seems to be able to detect when the zone changes state. However, I cannot bypass or unbypass the zone. This is maybe because the manual device is not of type Interface CADDX.

Comment

I am confused - when I read your original post it described exactly the issue I am having.

It didn't appear to be anything to do with the setup of the plugin - although you may have later concluded that this was the issue?

Comment

You are right to be confused. I have a separate problem in another thread and confused this older issue with my current issue. I apologize for that.

I have consistently had better success using device control rather than CADDX zone control for events.

Comment

Working...
              X