Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPU and JowiHue

New to Homeseer, so please be gentle.

The JowiHue Plug-in seems to be a bit of a Processor hog. I have a fairly new HomeTroller S6 which has had Windows updates only. I was using the previous version of JowiHue, and was excited for the update, but am having the same issues with 2.0.2.0: The CPU for HSIP_JowiHue(32 bit) stays somewhere between 50% & 55%. I believe the extra CPU usage causes the webserver to stall from time to time. If I disable the plug-in, I have no issues at all.

I have no idea where to start troubleshooting... can someone point me in the right direction, please? Thanks in advance!

Current Date/Time: 3/21/2018 3:42:20 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home - Work Station
    System Uptime: 4 Days 21 Hours 57 Minutes 31 Seconds
    IP Address: 10.0.1.119
    Number of Devices: 208
    Number of Events: 7
    Available Threads: 200

Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.2.0: JowiHue
    3.0.0.21: Sonos
    3.0.0.83: weatherXML
    3.0.1.190: Z-Wave
    Attached Files

cagold,

I don't know either. As far I know the plugin should behave on cpu level. Are you using a Philips bridge? If you do, try setting the polling frequency very low - say once in 20 seconds. This is just for testing. Let it run for 20 minutes or so and check if CPU went down?

If it does go down, you might want to play it bit with the settings there to see what the right frequency is in your setup.

If it does not help, or if you have a deCONZ setup, could you make a trace for me so I can see what is going on? Follow these steps when needed:

1. Set the detailed logging and Log to file options in the configuration page of the plugin
    2. Stop the plugin through the manage plugins page.
    3. Start the plugin again.
    4. Let the plugin run for say one hour and check if the CPU is high at that moment
    5. Check in the HS3 log if you see an error occurring
    6. Disable the detailed logging and log to file in the configuration page of the plugin
    7. Send me the JowiHue.log file from the \Logs directory?

Send the log to w dot vuyk at upc mail dot nl
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

I'm seeing similarly high-CPU utilization here as well. I'll follow Wim's suggestions and see what happens over the next day or so. I'm running a Philips Hue bridge with 2 devices.

Craig
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X