Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wyze Cam 1080p HD Indoor Wireless Smart Home Camera with Night Vision, 2-Way Audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wyze Cam 1080p HD Indoor Wireless Smart Home Camera with Night Vision, 2-Way Audio

Has anyone used:

With Homeseer?

https://www.wyzecam.com/

https://smile.amazon.com/Wyze-Indoor.../dp/B076H3SRXG

Wyzecam

I just got a couple of these to try out and the video and audio is surprising. I'd love to see these integrated with HS3!

Comment

Originally posted by rjbur View Post
      Has anyone used:

With Homeseer?

https://www.wyzecam.com/

https://smile.amazon.com/Wyze-Indoor.../dp/B076H3SRXG
      Those look very interesting. The amazon listing is out of stock. I added to my list to come back and check. I may try ordering direct. I wonder if they would work with Blue Iris or Xeoma?

Comment

Any of you guys use Blue-Iris? Interested to know if BI can pick it up? Doubtful, typically the 'Theres's an app for that' devices are isolated.

Comment

Originally posted by tome10 View Post
          Any of you guys use Blue-Iris? Interested to know if BI can pick it up? Doubtful, typically the 'Theres's an app for that' devices are isolated.
          doesn't look like it from the chatter on IPcamtalk.com

Comment

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
            Those look very interesting. The amazon listing is out of stock. I added to my list to come back and check. I may try ordering direct. I wonder if they would work with Blue Iris or Xeoma?
            If you buy direct, their site says they will charge you right away even if they are out of stock and not yet shipping. I believe that lastbi checked they were out of stock direct as well.

Amazon orders are not charged until actually in stock and shipping.

I need to check both again for stock.

Comment

Wyzecam now works with Alexa

I just got a firmware update and a notice today that the Wyzecam cameras now interface with Alexa. I'd really like to see these amazingly inexpensive and high quality cams work with HomeSeer. Apparently, there is an API on the Wyzecam website that lets an interface program use your login and access your cameras. It is not a direct IP connection on your network.

Comment

Originally posted by kennesaw10 View Post
                I just got a firmware update and a notice today that the Wyzecam cameras now interface with Alexa. I'd really like to see these amazingly inexpensive and high quality cams work with HomeSeer. Apparently, there is an API on the Wyzecam website that lets an interface program use your login and access your cameras. It is not a direct IP connection on your network.
                Dittos! I have 2 of these and I have been incredibly impressed with the video quality and the features.
                "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
                "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                  2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

The latest version of the WyzeCam app for iOS now provides the camera IP address. But unfortunately, I am not able to connect to the camera via its IP. Does anyone have any ideas?

Steve Q
                    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Has anyone been successful in integrating this camera into HS?

I picked one up and the resolution is surprising!
                      Night vision is as good as daytime and the cost is still around $25, can't beat the price.
                      Dan-O
                      HomeSeer contributor since summer 1999, yes 1999!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan-O View Post
                        Has anyone been successful in integrating this camera into HS?

I picked one up and the resolution is surprising!
                        Night vision is as good as daytime and the cost is still around $25, can't beat the price.
                        I have several and I agree they are great for the price. My integration with Homeseer is via IFTTT. For example, I have one camera in the front of my house. When it detects motion at night, it will trigger an IFTTT applet to turn on the front lights controlled by Homeseer, while the camera is filming its video clip. If anyone knows of a more direct way of integrating with Homeseer, I'd like to know, too. Elliott
                        "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023

Comment

There's unofficial 3rd party firmware available that implements RTSP, albeit with some limitations. And Wyze has said they're likely to add RTSP but no timeline given.
                          -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post
                            There's unofficial 3rd party firmware available that implements RTSP, albeit with some limitations. And Wyze has said they're likely to add RTSP but no timeline given.
                            Thanks.

Comment

WYZE has a beta version firmware that supports RTSP available on their website. I got better frame rate with this firmware than Xiaomi Dafang hack but still not ideal. Every few seconds image would freeze for a second.

Comment

Working...
                              X