Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mbrett View Post
    Hey Bob,

I have upgraded to 1.0.1.8 and now I have a lot of entires for my thermos, that contain no data, see the attached image.. is this normal, is this work in progress? I know that you are just carrying over all of the devices from the ISY plugin, but do we need all of these thermo entires??
    With the new ISY firmware, it is sending them as separate devices. This means that any events associated with are sent with the corresponding device ID. I think they are mainly getting events when the thermostat does the heat call or cool call. I haven't tried to do anything special with them at this point.

I could create a separate type for the additional devices and handle them differently in the plug-in. I haven't yet spent any time to figure out just what the ISY is doing with them. I'm open to suggestions here.

If you don't see any value to them showing up in HomeSeer you can use the configuration screen to filter them out. They'll still show up on the status page though.
    --
    Bob Paauwe
    ISYInsteon Plug-in
    http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

can you create a way to block them from showing up in your plugin interface screen?

Comment

can you create a way to block them from showing up in your plugin interface screen?
        I've been thinking about a way to handle the multiple thermostat device nodes in a clean way and I do have some ideas. I'll try to come up with a new version shortly after I experiment with them some.
        --
        Bob Paauwe
        ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Bob,

thanks for the reply...

I am willing to do some testing, and make early reviews if you would like another set of eyes helping.

Comment

ISY Firmware 2.7.10

Tested with latest alpha?

Comment

Originally posted by hart2hart View Post
              Tested with latest alpha?
              I've updated to the 2.7.10 alpha and so far the ISY plug-in is working fine with it.
              --
              Bob Paauwe
              ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Hi Bob,

Two items noted on the newest version:

1) Upgraded the ISY to 2.7.10 firmware from 2.7.9 with HS still running. The ISY Insteon Plug-in Status screen reflected the ISY was at 2.7.9 firmware. Clicked the "Resync with ISY" button and the firmware version never updated even after a 10 minute wait period. Shut down HS and restarted it and it now reflects the current ISY firmware version.

2) On the ISY Insteon Plug-in Configuration screen, I changed the ISY Insteon Plug-in Logging Level dropdown value from "Errors Only" to "Warnings" and I'm getting mesages in my HS log such as
                "1/30/2010 13:07:42 ~!~ISY Insteon~!~MAIN: ISY notification J14-ANY not (yet) mapped to HomeSeer device."

Isn't there a hierarchy implemented for the loging levels such that warning mesages are only shown and any types "lower" such as "notices", "debug", "verbose debug", and "ALL" mesage types are not shown unless that level is chosen? I looked in the Plug-in Documentation and the message contents are listed but aren't grouped to message types fire them. Maybe these types of 'notification' messages are supposed to fire with a "Warning" mesage type chosen?

Chuck
                Last edited by clicata; January 30, 2010, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Hi Chuck,

Thanks for the notes!

Originally posted by clicata View Post
                  Hi Bob,

Two items noted on the newest version:

1) Upgraded the ISY to 2.7.10 firmware from 2.7.9 with HS still running. The ISY Insteon Plug-in Status screen reflected the ISY was at 2.7.9 firmware. Clicked the "Resync with ISY" button and the firmware version never updated even after a 10 minute wait period. Shut down HS and restarted it and it now reflects the current ISY firmware version.
                  This is how the plug-in is currently designed to work. It only every queries the ISY for this information when it is first started. The ISY never sends a "my firmware was updated message" so there's nothing that triggers the plug-in to re-query for this info.

I may change it to query every time the status page is displayed just to fix this.

2) On the ISY Insteon Plug-in Configuration screen, I changed the ISY Insteon Plug-in Logging Level dropdown value from "Errors Only" to "Warnings" and I'm getting mesages in my HS log such as
                  "1/30/2010 13:07:42 ~!~ISY Insteon~!~MAIN: ISY notification J14-ANY not (yet) mapped to HomeSeer device."

Isn't there a hierarchy implemented for the loging levels such that warning mesages are only shown and any types "lower" such as "notices", "debug", "verbose debug", and "ALL" mesage types are not shown unless that level is chosen? I looked in the Plug-in Documentation and the message contents are listed but aren't grouped to message types fire them. Maybe these types of 'notification' messages are supposed to fire with a "Warning" mesage type chosen?
                  Yes, there is a hierarchy to the levels and the order is what is shown on the drop down list. All messages up to and included the selected level are displayed. So when set to "Warnings" you will only get messages I consider error or warning messages. These are messages that I think should be seen because it could mean that something isn't setup or working right.

That particular message has changed a bit over time because it falls into the area between warning and notice. It could mean something isn't working right, or it could be nothing is wrong, or it could be the configuration was set that way by design.

I do agree that the use of "notification" in the message and having it be a warning is confusing. I use "notification" in a lot of the messages, mostly to refer to the messages coming from the ISY. I'll work on cleaning that up before the next release.
                  --
                  Bob Paauwe
                  ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Had a chance to try 2.7.11?

Comment

Originally posted by hart2hart View Post
                      Had a chance to try 2.7.11?
                      Yes, I installed it yesterday and everything has been working fine. I didn't see anything in the bug-fix list for 2.7.11 that would have any negative impacts on the driver.
                      --
                      Bob Paauwe
                      ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Hey Bob,

any updates on the functionality of the Thermostats.. Have you figured out how to break all of the individual items in separate virtual codes? This would be really really useful..

Comment

Hey Bob,

any updates on the functionality of the Thermostats.. Have you figured out how to break all of the individual items in separate virtual codes? This would be really really useful..
                          I haven't actually started coding it yet, but I've got some ideas on how it will works. I've been working on support for the condition UI (condition event triggers) and that's almost done. Turned out to be a lot more involved than I first thought it would be. Separate devices for the thermostats is next on the list.
                          --
                          Bob Paauwe
                          ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

thanks for the reply bob... any ideas when you might have something to tinker with?

Comment

Working...
                            X