Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TUTORIAL: Setup your Amazon Echo UK to talk to HomeSeer (Workaround)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
    I'm wondering if a call to Amazon developer would assist?

FYI, you can now use my script in local mode (no skill required) for control if you ignore Alexa's response. You could even setup your own dev skill that does nothing so that Alexa just responds with OK.
    A tutorial on 'You could even setup your own dev skill that does nothing so that Alexa just responds with OK' would be interesting!

Comment

Just use the built-in Simon says:

"Alexa,Simon says turn on the living room light"

Alexa will respond with "Turn on the living room light" or similar.

(V1.0.14.1 of my helper now supports this better - I found that on was matched incorrectly because it is found within 'Simon says' )
      Last edited by jon00; February 5, 2017, 07:08 AM.
      Jon

Comment

Problem with setting up Echo alexa.amazon.co.uk

Unfortunately I have the same problem as Jay.
        When I try to login for linking my skil with MyHS username, password and Vendor ID, I got the following error (erasing cookies doesn't do the trick);

The page on pitangui.amazon.com doesn't work
        pitangui.amazon.com has redirected you to many times.
        Try erasing your cookies.
        ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

I received my UK dot this week, I have set up Jon's helper and I can't wait to play with it
        So hopefuly someone can help me out with this.

Comment

I assume you have setup an US Amazon account? If so, why can't you use the official Homeseer skill?
          Jon

Comment

Bit confused now
            I was thinking UK dot means a UK account?
            But if this is not the case then I am making my life harder then it has to be?

Comment

Anyone figure out the linking issue? I just keep getting session time outs or unable to link messages with my custom skill. ARGH...

Thanks in advance!
              HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

For those of you that have created your own Skill so you don't have to say "ask Homeseer" but "Ask my house" have you had any issues when testing using the Alexa testing page?

My skill works just fine when using a real Alexa but all of a sudden when I try to do a test on the test page I get the following in the Service Response box.

"There was an error calling the remote endpoint, which returned HTTP 500 : Internal Server Error"

I've check and rechecked everything but can't find anything I'm doing wrong now especially since it used to work. The only thing that makes sense is that the testing app is not authenticating to homeseer but I see no way to do that when setting up a skill for testing.
                HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
                Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
                Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
                3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
                4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
                3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
                SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

Just saw this now and wondered 'What testing page'?
                  Using Jon's editor 'Test script' still works for me.

Robert
                  HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                    Just saw this now and wondered 'What testing page'?
                    Using Jon's editor 'Test script' still works for me.

Robert
                    It's on the Alexa development page when creating a skill. It's lets you test the skill without using a real Alexa. You just type in what you want to do such as "turn on the kitchen light".
                    Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Comment

Originally posted by Jon798 View Post
                      Is there any way to see what is coming in to homeseer?

I've followed the workaround and got the skill installed in the Alexa app on my phone, but I just get responses from Alexa along the lines of 'device not found' or 'don't understand'.

My dot hasn't arrived yet so I am using the 'Roger' app to talk to Alexa on my phone. That works for things other than Homeseer.

Just want to see where it's failing...

Cheers,

Jon.
                      What is the "Roger" app and is it for Android, iOS or both?

Comment

Australia?

Followed the instructions here, all went smoothly, but unfortunately it wont work in Australia. Seems that US, UK and Germany are only supported currently.
                        Is there any way to to trigger events thru Echo in Australia?

Comment

There is no reason this should not work. Would you elaborate on what is not working? Do you see the Dev skill in your Alexa setup (Skills/Your skills?)

If IFTTT is available as a skill, you could also use that.
                          Jon

Comment

I have put events in Jon00 Alexa Helper setup and they work well when I push Test Homeseer actions. Can t get it to work thru the Echo even using the workaround here. Sorry for the lack of details (I recall some mention of country being not compatible?)- will need to look in detail on the weekend and get back with logs/error messages.
                            Not familiar with IFTTT yet, but it looks useful.

Comment

If you don't have your dev skill shown under 'your skills', it cannot work!
                              Jon

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X