August smart Lock Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

August smart Lock Pro

Not sure if anyone has posted. But August smart Lock pro working with homeseer using the latest z wave plugin firmware. The only thing I notice battery status is wrong. And the door sensor not showing up.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Originally posted by gsegovia15 View Post
    Not sure if anyone has posted. But August smart Lock pro working with homeseer using the latest z wave plugin firmware. The only thing I notice battery status is wrong. And the door sensor not showing up.

Forgot got to mention using the lastest beta zwave update.

Comment

I tried adding the August smart lock pro but no luck. It will add but no lock or unlock button. It basically doesn't function. Any tips?

Comment

Originally posted by smashburn View Post
        I tried adding the August smart lock pro but no luck. It will add but no lock or unlock button. It basically doesn't function. Any tips?
        Are you using the latest beta Z-Wave plugin?
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Same thing. After I updated the plugin to the latest zwave beta it started working. Another thing that's happening is that every time I lock or unlock. It says it times out. But it still locks and unlocks.

Comment

here are some screenshoots

here are some screenshots of what devices are created
            Attached Files

Comment

devices that supposed be created

here is a list of devices that should be created.
              Attached Files

Comment

I got it working today, and it shows locked/unlocked, but I couldn't get the included door sensor info to display (Opened, Closed).

I've got it to work with google home shortcuts as well but would be great if we could see the additional stuff noted above.
                Last edited by Infinite; December 26, 2017, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Comment

It seems that for some reason Homeseer doesn't work with August smart lock at this time. For some reason Homeseer isn't supporting instant status of the lock or the latest z-wave security feature according to August anyway. If it were for a light that wouldn't be that big a deal but for a lock you really want consistency for obvious reasons. It's a shame because this is the best lock out there, the only one that I could find that supports bluetooth, wifi and zwave.

With homeseer your better off using kwikset but I find those locks suck. They're bulky, don't support bluetooth in general and look like my grandma.

Comment

Originally posted by jayman13 View Post
                      It seems that for some reason Homeseer doesn't work with August smart lock at this time. ...

With homeseer your better off using kwikset but I find those locks suck. They're bulky, don't support bluetooth in general and look like my grandma.
                      Sorry to learn this, because I was going to by one. I agree that it has many advantages over other locks.

Elliott
                      "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
                      "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Looks like there is another association group. Not sure if this is gonna work but I'm gonna try using the beta zwave plugin and associate group 2 also with homeseer and see what happens.

Comment

Never worked well for me

I REALLY wanted the August locks to work. Got them for my 90yo mom so she could more easily open and lock her doors. Worked fine for BT, but could never get them to function consistently work with HS. MANY times it would show as locked when it was unlocked. NOT the security strength needed for this application. Went with Schlage Smart Lock. Not as easy to turn as the August, but easy enough.

Comment

Originally posted by outbackrob View Post
                            I REALLY wanted the August locks to work. Got them for my 90yo mom so she could more easily open and lock her doors. Worked fine for BT, but could never get them to function consistently work with HS. MANY times it would show as locked when it was unlocked. NOT the security strength needed for this application. Went with Schlage Smart Lock. Not as easy to turn as the August, but easy enough.

Comment

Any update on this? I notice that in my wink hub I can add the August Pro as a generic z-wave device and it locks/unlocks and provides the status (this is without the plugin). I assumed that I could also add this to homeseer as a generic plugin.

Comment

Working...
                              X