www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > 3rd Party Plug-Ins/Scripts > Plug-ins by Author > Click Here for List of Author Forums > HiTec Homes Plug-Ins > Rain8Net

Rain8Net Discussion area for the Rain8Net plug-in by Hi-Tec Home

Old July 2nd, 2008, 01:27 AM
cklarkspur

protocoll problm with 2 units

I just installed 2 rain8net serial units, hooked up, tested with WGL config and demo softare all zones work fine. Purchased & Installed homseer plugin from updater (2.2.08). Homeseer plugin did not correctly control the 2'nd unit. No zones on 2nd unit could be controlled.

Installed 2.2.0.11 version (noted in a previous thread) and captured log (debug info on - log attached).

Noted two problems per log entries:

1 - When turning on zone 9 get "Problem Calculating Unit#." entry in log and zone does not turn on.

2 - When calculating zone numbers above 8, ie: 9..16, zone number sent in byte 3 is are not correct ( ie: 9 should be 1, 10 = 2, 11 = 3...etc)

Note - Possible additional issue (noted status did not change for zone 10 to "on" regardless of the zone not working properly...this did change in 2.2.0.8 even thoe zone didn't actually turn on.

Can you help please?

Config:
Rain8net serial (x2) Unit addresses 1 and 2
Rain8net plugin 2.2.0.11
Windows XP
Homeseer 2.2.0.66
Attached Files
File Type: txt 2_2_08log.txt (3.9 KB, 10 views)
Old July 2nd, 2008, 11:55 AM
cklarkspur

Complete info

Sorry Larry little early in the morning when I wrote the previous thread entry.

I should have clarified I have two rain8 units hooked together to make 16 zones. First unit address is 1 and second unit address is 2. Configured the plugin for 2 units with no (go/nogo option set). I verifed the .ini file correctly reflects the settings.

First unit is responding fine second unit is not as per the log entries I noted.
You can also seen in the log that &h0 is sent for the unit code when zone-9 is selected which should be &h2.

Thanks for any help you can provided
Old July 2nd, 2008, 12:27 PM
Seer Master

I will investigate, thanks for all the info and log, this will be helpful. Not sure how long this will take, being a holiday weekend, I am hosting a BBQ on the 4th., sometime after that. Thanks for your patients.

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

WHS 2011 Server - SageTV, HS 2.2.29 with 9TB Shared Hard Disk.

Plugins:
Ocelot, MitsubishiTV, DenonAVR, DirecTV, DVDMovies, HAI-Thermostat, HAI, Hauppauge, lrpSpeak, MediaPlayer, Rain8Net, Sprinklers, UIRT, VWS.

Hardware:
Intel 3.0Ghz CPU with 12Gb. Ram and 2Tb SATA HD. Davis Inst. VantagePro II, AB8SS, Rain8Net, RC80 Thermostat, OmniProII, Ocelot, X10, UPB, HD-200 Extenders.
Old July 4th, 2008, 12:33 AM
Seer Master

OK, I think this version 2.2.0.12 will solve your problem, it was a stupid mistake on my part. Give it a try, and let me know.

If everything works out OK, then I will send it to the Updater.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Rain8Net_2.2.0.12.zip (30.2 KB, 8 views)
Old July 4th, 2008, 10:08 PM
cklarkspur

Looks like it's working

Larry thanks for the very quick response. Seems to be working fine controlling both units. I still see the status of devices not being updated from off to on, on to off etc in the device status list but that's not preventing me from doing what I need to do right now.

I appreciate the help on this holiday weekend...hope you have a great 4th!!

ck
Old May 4th, 2012, 07:27 PM
Ray01

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpitman View Post
I will investigate, thanks for all the info and log, this will be helpful. Not sure how long this will take, being a holiday weekend, I am hosting a BBQ on the 4th., sometime after that. Thanks for your patients.
I had the same kind of an issue, and keeps bothering me like hell, so I have to take proper steps in resolving the issue as soon as possible