This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Android Buttons Disappear

Buttons disappear on Android client when using status tracking to control text. Buttons work fine on all clients except Android.

Has a solution been found for this bug?

Please report this bug to bugzilla.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

What is the link for Bugzilla to report HStouch issues? http://www.homeseer.com/bugzilla/ seems to only be for HS3

Comment

Originally posted by thshep View Post
        Buttons disappear on Android client when using status tracking to control text. Buttons work fine on all clients except Android.

Has a solution been found for this bug?
        Did you ever find the resolution to this? I am having the very same issue.

Thanks,

John

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
          Please report this bug to bugzilla.
          Mark, does anyone work on these bugs? I went and registered and was looking under the android section. There are 32 bugs reported and zero with resolution. My issue matches Bug 842 exactly. The original reporter posted the issue July 20th, shows it's confirmed but doesn't appear to be being worked on or if it has, it has not been updated. So on a user point of view, it looks like Bugzilla isn't being used. I sure hope 842 gets resolved as I worked on this for two days before discovering it's a bug and not something that I am doing wrong since it works perfectly on the PC client.

Thanks,

John

Comment

Originally posted by jonjonbear View Post
            Mark, does anyone work on these bugs? I went and registered and was looking under the android section. There are 32 bugs reported and zero with resolution. My issue matches Bug 842 exactly. The original reporter posted the issue July 20th, shows it's confirmed but doesn't appear to be being worked on or if it has, it has not been updated. So on a user point of view, it looks like Bugzilla isn't being used. I sure hope 842 gets resolved as I worked on this for two days before discovering it's a bug and not something that I am doing wrong since it works perfectly on the PC client.

Thanks,

John
            Rich recently stated that they would work HSTouch and other bugs once HS3 was released.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
              Rich recently stated that they would work HSTouch and other bugs once HS3 was released.
              So they just quit supporting everything else until HS3 comes out (which hasn't it come out?) HStouch is not a cheap piece of software, I would hope bugs would be worked on in a timely basis.

Comment

Here's the link where Mark stated that HSTouch was going to be worked on as soon as HS3 is released.
                http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=161068

Comment

John,

Sorry I did not get back you sooner but thanks for getting this going again. It has been frustrating not getting any response to this issue.

Tom

Comment

Guys, I have noticed that if you use the designer in a VM like on a MAC or Linux, the links to the graphics get messed up.

Open up your XML file in a text editor and search for your button graphics name. The name comes from Designer, in case you don't know what the name is. You can use the Find feature to find it and once you do, check the link to make sure it pointing to the same location as all of the other graphic files. I bet you will find that they don't.

It seems to be a deployment error.
                    Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Originally posted by Dafunktyfunk View Post
                      Guys, I have noticed that if you use the designer in a VM like on a MAC or Linux, the links to the graphics get messed up.

Open up your XML file in a text editor and search for your button graphics name. The name comes from Designer, in case you don't know what the name is. You can use the Find feature to find it and once you do, check the link to make sure it pointing to the same location as all of the other graphic files. I bet you will find that they don't.

It seems to be a deployment error.
                      I checked the XML file on my Android and verified that the graphics links are pointing to the correct location and the graphic files are in that location and named correctly. That does not seem to be the problem. If you remove the status tracking the buttons re-appear using the same graphics location and files.

Comment

Originally posted by thshep View Post
                        I checked the XML file on my Android and verified that the graphics links are pointing to the correct location and the graphic files are in that location and named correctly. That does not seem to be the problem. If you remove the status tracking the buttons re-appear using the same graphics location and files.
                        I use a dedicated laptop with designer installed on it and deploy it straight from there. Also found by removing the status tracking, the buttons re-appear.

Comment

Working...
                        X