No announcement yet.

Discussions related to HomeSeer Beta builds 3.0.0.369->3.0.0.423

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I upgraded to .398 to test out the new Event control for Alexa. I enabled the "Voice Command" check box and text box on one of my events. But I'm not sure what to do next. I ran a discovery from the Alexa app but she doesn't find the event that I enabled. Is there something else I need to do?

Comment

This version seems solid. When is it going to go live?
      Originally posted by rprade
      There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by joey52685 View Post
        I upgraded to .398 to test out the new Event control for Alexa. I enabled the "Voice Command" check box and text box on one of my events. But I'm not sure what to do next. I ran a discovery from the Alexa app but she doesn't find the event that I enabled. Is there something else I need to do?
        I think we're waiting on the new Homeseer V3 API to go live. I read it has been submitted to Amazon but will take time before it is approved.

Comment

Originally posted by andyf View Post
          I think we're waiting on the new Homeseer V3 API to go live. I read it has been submitted to Amazon but will take time before it is approved.
          Ah makes sense. Thanks.

Comment

Just to confirm. yes, accessing events from the Alexa SmartHome API will not work until V3 is released. We are in process now, will update when Amazon gives us a time frame.

Originally posted by joey52685 View Post
            Ah makes sense. Thanks.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

399 only includes a new cert for the https support.

We are just about ready to release this, maybe next week.

Originally posted by abwyatt View Post
              I see 399 out in the wild Anything interesting in it?

398 has been solid though I have not been using SSL because of an incompatibility with Jon's plugin enabler/disabler script.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                Just to confirm. yes, accessing events from the Alexa SmartHome API will not work until V3 is released. We are in process now, will update when Amazon gives us a time frame.
                Rich,

Does this mean we can just ask Alexa to run an event or do we still need to tell Alexa to ask Homeseer to run the event?

Robert
                HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

The HomeSeer skill requires "Tell HomeSeer to...". The API does not. Here is the API. Here is the skill.
                  HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks Randy. I know that as I use both. The question arises from the comment about running events from the new Smarthome API. If it runs events, then that limits some of the usefulness of the Homeseer skill.
                    So instead of me telling Alexa to tell homeseer "we're going out" - which runs the event to shut off most of my lights, turn down the thermostat and arm the alarm after 3 minutes, will I be able to tell Alexa directly "we're going out" and execute this event directly???

Robert
                    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Having an issue with .398, I've not seen before.

I saw the update to z-wave and thought this is my chance to update a plugin while on .398 so I did my normal routine. I first turned off Z-wave plugin. Once off, I ran the update.

As it was updating, all the plugin went to Remote Loaded and now I cannot turn Z-wave back on. I can try, but it comes back that it could not load. Here is what was in the log for the update to zwave:

Dec-29 15:55:04 Error Displaying remotely connected interfaces: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                      Dec-29 15:54:59 Error Displaying remotely connected interfaces: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                      Dec-29 15:54:58 Warning Plug-in Z-Wave is set to load but was not found, removing from settings.
                      Dec-29 15:54:58 Warning Plug-in Pushover 3P is set to load but was not found, removing from settings.
                      Dec-29 15:54:58 Warning Plug-in BLSpeech is set to load but was not found, removing from settings.
                      Dec-29 15:54:58 Warning Plug-in EnvisaLinkAdemco is set to load but was not found, removing from settings.
                      Dec-29 15:54:58 Warning Plug-in BLRussound is set to load but was not found, removing from settings.
                      Dec-29 15:54:58 Warning Plug-in HSBuddy is set to load but was not found, removing from settings.
                      Dec-29 15:54:58 Warning Plug-in BLGData is set to load but was not found, removing from settings.
                      Dec-29 15:54:58 Warning Plug-in BLBackup is set to load but was not found, removing from settings.
                      Dec-29 15:54:58 Warning Plug-in weatherXML is set to load but was not found, removing from settings.
                      Dec-29 15:54:58 Warning Plug-in UltraLighting3 is set to load but was not found, removing from settings.
                      Dec-29 15:54:58 Warning Plug-in PHLocation is set to load but was not found, removing from settings.
                      Dec-29 15:54:58 Warning Plug-in IFTTT is set to load but was not found, removing from settings.
                      Dec-29 15:54:58 Warning Plug-in NetCAM is set to load but was not found, removing from settings.
                      Dec-29 15:54:58 Warning Plug-in HSZigBee is set to load but was not found, removing from settings.
                      Dec-29 15:54:58 Error Displaying available interfaces: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index
                      Dec-29 15:54:58 Error Displaying available interfaces: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index
                      Dec-29 15:54:58 Warning When attemtping to download and unstall updates, you may re-try the operation. Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
                      Dec-29 15:54:58 Warning In InitSingleIOPlugin: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I'm thinking I am screwed and will need to shut down all of HS3 and restart it.

Is there another way to recover from the Remote Loaded issue?

Michael

Attached Files
                      HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
                      Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
                      BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

Possible issue: Aeotech Smartswitch 6 not reporting line voltage

Since I am running the beta code for both HS3 Pro and for Z-Wave, I'm posting this here.

Setup:
                        • The original problem I was setting out to solve was that the Smartswitch 6 was "latching up". I.E. it would become non-responsive and require a power cycle to get back online.
                        • Was running version 1.2 (1.02 in their nomenclature) firmware when I started.
                        • Aeon Labs (Aeotech) sent me version 1.3 of their firmware, which did not help, and version 1.4, which resolved the latching issue.

This is when I noticed that I was not getting the periodic updates for line voltage. See screenshot #1 attached below. Great - I just traded one problem for another.

Root Cause:
                        • The Smartswitch 6 was not properly setup in Homeseer. The Z-Wave settings for the node "This setting denotes which data values are sent to the devices in group 2." were not complete. Meter (W) and Meter(A) were checked - but NOT Meter(V). See screenshot #2 attached below.

Fix:
                        • Checking Meter(V) and then the Set button resolved the issue.

ACTIONS REQUESTED for HomeSeer:
                        • Please update the Z-Wave plugin / HomeSeer to check the Meter(V) box on node setup.

Thank you!

Jason

-----

Current Date/Time: 12/29/2017 2:30:20 PM
                        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.399
                        Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home - Work Station
                        System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 10 Minutes 8 Seconds
                        IP Address: 192.168.1.23
                        Number of Devices: 296
                        Number of Events: 58
                        Available Threads: 100
                        HSTouch Enabled: True
                        Event Threads: 1
                        Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
                        Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
                        Device Exec Queue: 0
                        HSTouch Event Queue: 0
                        Email Send Queue: 0
                        Anti Virus Installed: Sophos Home Windows Defender

Enabled Plug-Ins
                        3.2.0.5: APCUPSD
                        2.0.8.0: BLCpuAdvisor
                        2.0.6.0: BLPlugins
                        3.0.0.42: EasyTrigger
                        2.0.1.6: JowiHue
                        3.0.0.28: MediaController
                        1.5.0.0: MQTT
                        3.0.0.28: Nest
                        1.0.0.6: Restart
                        3.0.0.76: weatherXML
                        3.0.1.173: Z-Wave
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                          This gets reported at times, I have not been able to re-create yet. Try restarting HS and see if it gives you more dates.
                          Is there any solution to this issue? Basically my install is on .398 and has the log filter only allowing the date HS was started at, making logging useless. Restarting and changing browsers does not work.

Comment

Will the 399 release, or what ever it's finally called, update Mono from the current 4.5.1 to at least 4.8.x or higher?

Will the full download for the Zee S2, Raspberry Pi version, be updated with the new release and will that include an updated Mono and Linux?

Sorry to have ask some of these again but I really would like to see Mono upgraded on the Zee S2 so plugins that are officially on this forum, in my case PHLocate, will function correctly.
                            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
                            Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
                            Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
                            3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
                            4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
                            3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
                            SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

Have never seen that before. I would restart HS and see if that clears it up.

Originally posted by Jobee View Post
                              Having an issue with .398, I've not seen before.

I saw the update to z-wave and thought this is my chance to update a plugin while on .398 so I did my normal routine. I first turned off Z-wave plugin. Once off, I ran the update.

As it was updating, all the plugin went to Remote Loaded and now I cannot turn Z-wave back on. I can try, but it comes back that it could not load. Here is what was in the log for the update to zwave:

Dec-29 15:55:04 Error Displaying remotely connected interfaces: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                              Dec-29 15:54:59 Error Displaying remotely connected interfaces: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                              Dec-29 15:54:58 Warning Plug-in Z-Wave is set to load but was not found, removing from settings.
                              Dec-29 15:54:58 Warning Plug-in Pushover 3P is set to load but was not found, removing from settings.
                              Dec-29 15:54:58 Warning Plug-in BLSpeech is set to load but was not found, removing from settings.
                              Dec-29 15:54:58 Warning Plug-in EnvisaLinkAdemco is set to load but was not found, removing from settings.
                              Dec-29 15:54:58 Warning Plug-in BLRussound is set to load but was not found, removing from settings.
                              Dec-29 15:54:58 Warning Plug-in HSBuddy is set to load but was not found, removing from settings.
                              Dec-29 15:54:58 Warning Plug-in BLGData is set to load but was not found, removing from settings.
                              Dec-29 15:54:58 Warning Plug-in BLBackup is set to load but was not found, removing from settings.
                              Dec-29 15:54:58 Warning Plug-in weatherXML is set to load but was not found, removing from settings.
                              Dec-29 15:54:58 Warning Plug-in UltraLighting3 is set to load but was not found, removing from settings.
                              Dec-29 15:54:58 Warning Plug-in PHLocation is set to load but was not found, removing from settings.
                              Dec-29 15:54:58 Warning Plug-in IFTTT is set to load but was not found, removing from settings.
                              Dec-29 15:54:58 Warning Plug-in NetCAM is set to load but was not found, removing from settings.
                              Dec-29 15:54:58 Warning Plug-in HSZigBee is set to load but was not found, removing from settings.
                              Dec-29 15:54:58 Warning When attemtping to download and unstall updates, you may re-try the operation. Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
                              Dec-29 15:54:58 Warning In InitSingleIOPlugin: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I'm thinking I am screwed and will need to shut down all of HS3 and restart it.

Is there another way to recover from the Remote Loaded issue?

Michael

Comment

Well version .398 on Ubuntu made it to 8 days and 11 hours without any real problems. When I got home this evening I couldn't connect to hs touch on my android phone from my driveway. I went in the house and the lights came on normally. Noticed my hstouch client which runs on my linux mint desktop computer wasn't running. A full 8 minutes later my android clients started announcing "a vehicle has entered the driveway" and "the front door has been opened". My linux hstouch client can only start and run the default project (big blue screen with one button) even if I deploy from designer. Time to reboot.
                                https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X