weatherXML Feature Requests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BME View Post
    Yr.no delivers the xml in several languages, English and 2 variations of Norwegian.

It would be great to be able to utilize this.
    It is quite simple. All you need is to be able to change/replace the /place/-part of the URL in the setup.

/sted/ and /stad/ will give the 2 Norwegian variations.

Also I was wondering about the "Feels like" values. Are these calculated?
    I don't see them in the XML from yr.no, and the values in weatherXML is different from the values in the yr.no web pages.
    The Feels Like is calculated. It's a couple of pretty complex formulas that uses temperature, wind speed and humidity.
    One formula for high temps vs lower temps.
    I only use the formulas when the feels like is not provided in the xml files.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Is there any chance that WeatherXML can add the Dark Sky API as a source / weather provider?

Comment

I took a look at their API. They do not allow a non developer to obtain an API. I would have to get the API and give it out to plugin users. Once the usage went above 1000 hits I would have to pay for the API usage.
        Hard for me to justify that.
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

I see what you mean from the FAQ below. That's a very restrictive API policy. Thanks for checking and responding. I'll use WU going forward.

https://darksky.net/dev/docs/faq

Can I require my users to sign up for a developer's API key?

No, your end-users should not sign up for Dark Sky API keys as a means for you to circumvent the daily cap of 1,000 free calls. The 1,000 free calls per day are intended for one developer or company to explore the API

Comment

Originally posted by cfischer View Post
            I'm using Weather Undergound as my Data Source and I'm looking for a way to show "Station ID" on HSTouch screens. There are several WU locations around me and I'd like to be able to compare them. Is there a device or variable I'm overlooking, or could you please add one?

Thanks!
            Version 3.0.0.88 of weatherXML adds the Station ID for WU and for NOAA. It is available in the updater now.
            --
            Jeff Farmer
            HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

I have looked everywhere and have not been able to find marine forecast data, so I suppose this is where I should ask to see if there is a way to do this... NOAA provides swellHeight, SwellPeriod, WaveHeight, WavePeriod, surfaceTemp and other goodies, is there a way for me to access this info with weatherxml? I use HS touch for my forecasts, I believe they provide 5 Day forecast. Please advise if there is a way to do it with the custom setup.

Comment

Marine data is not importable with weatherXML using NOAA. It was available via Weather Underground but that will be ending sometime in February.
                --
                Jeff Farmer
                HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Is there any way you could add the Ambient weather API as a source to your plugin? I realize this maybe stepping on another plugin, but your plugin has so much more it would be a welcome addition.

Comment

I have to get a replacement finished for Weather Underground first. I am working on that now.
                    I have looked at Ambient and do want to add it for support of users with their own weather station. Not sure of a time frame for this.
                    --
                    Jeff Farmer
                    HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
                      I have to get a replacement finished for Weather Underground first. I am working on that now.
                      Hi Jeff, will you leave Weather Underground support in place for those of us that send weather data to them, so continue to get access to their API?

Thanks
                      Al

HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Yes. Replacement was a poor word choice. Alternative would have been better.

Hey, try the image download now. I added the line for the tls12 protocol in version .93
                        --
                        Jeff Farmer
                        HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Yes. Replacement was a poor word choice. Alternative would have been better.

Hey, try the image download now. I added the line for the tls12 protocol in version .93
                          Great, thanks. I installed .93 and will let you know if I still get the errors. Much appreciated!

Comment

Hi Jeff, confirmed to be working without error now.

Thanks
                            Al

Comment

This past weekend I got Dark Sky working for the current conditions portion of weatherXML. My plan is to get the forecast working this weekend. Looks like I won't hit the deadline of the 15th but hopefully will have it soon after. The hourly will have to come later. I have not found a replacement for Weather Undergrounds History data. So the values for Last Year High/Low, Record High/Low and year, and current day High/Low will be going away. Moon phase will be moving into the Conditions section so it can still be used.
                              --
                              Jeff Farmer
                              HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

I have not found a replacement for Weather Undergrounds History data. So the values for Last Year High/Low, Record High/Low and year, and current day High/Low will be going away.
                                Well that sucks. I announce these every morning and evening. Curses Weather Underground!

Comment

Working...
                                X