www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > 3rd Party Plug-Ins/Scripts > Plug-ins by Author > Click Here for List of Author Forums > HiTec Homes Plug-Ins > Rain8Net

Rain8Net Discussion area for the Rain8Net plug-in by Hi-Tec Home

Old April 16th, 2009, 10:06 AM
Seer Plus

Looking for Rain8Net setup assistance

I am installing a new 6 zone irrigation system that uses a well and pump. I would like to have HS control the zones and watering cycles. It appears that all I need is the Rain8Net and plugin. The question I have is what turns on the pump? Does the action of opening a zone cause the zone to turn on the well (110v)? Does anyone have any documentation on how to set this up?

Thanks
Joe
Old April 16th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Seer Master

Usually you must created a device in HS that controls a pump relay, that must be activated before turning zones on.

I'm not positive though as I do not use a pump actuation method, my well is activated by the pressure dropping on the tank.

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

WHS 2011 Server - SageTV, HS 2.2.29 with 9TB Shared Hard Disk.

Plugins:
Ocelot, MitsubishiTV, DenonAVR, DirecTV, DVDMovies, HAI-Thermostat, HAI, Hauppauge, lrpSpeak, MediaPlayer, Rain8Net, Sprinklers, UIRT, VWS.

Hardware:
Intel 3.0Ghz CPU with 12Gb. Ram and 2Tb SATA HD. Davis Inst. VantagePro II, AB8SS, Rain8Net, RC80 Thermostat, OmniProII, Ocelot, X10, UPB, HD-200 Extenders.
Old April 18th, 2009, 08:02 PM
Seer Master

joe what program are you going to use for your sprinklers? i have rain8net and i have been using mcs and i want to switch to a simpler program.
Old April 18th, 2009, 08:18 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfs View Post
joe what program are you going to use for your sprinklers? i have rain8net and i have been using mcs and i want to switch to a simpler program.
George, check the help file for an example, but you could simply use Events to call a script to run scheduled zones for a length of time and then shut off, not much simpler than that.
Old April 25th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Seer Master

Here is a new version with more verbose debug and a couple minor changes to web page.

Exit HomeSeer
Copy Rain8Net.dll to HS directory
Copy Rain8Net-Doc.htm to HS\html\Rain8Net directory
Re-Start HomeSeer
Attached Files
File Type: zip Rain8Net_2.2.0.19.zip (33.9 KB, 29 views)
Old April 27th, 2009, 05:10 PM
Seer Plus

I was going to take the advice of lpitman and just create events in HS. I have yet to plug it in since the system in just getting installed in the ground now. I will need to put the unit about 50 feet away from the HS box and will be running CAT 5. Does anyone know of a source for the Cat5 to Serial needed to run this? My assumption is that I just need a simple D9 to RJ45. Is this correct?
Old April 29th, 2009, 11:14 AM
Seer Master

There are specific RS-232 and USB over Cat5 devices that should be used. You can run RS-232 over Cat5 if the distance isn't far and you wire the connectors correctly.