Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HOW to disable Rssi in the cheaper plugin ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HOW to disable Rssi in the cheaper plugin ?

Hi guys,

I have a 9315 and both plugin works ...

But in fact it's better to use a 8315, because boths plugin reconize a rfid with the range included as a single device.

So if you move the transm with 20 cms for exmaple : it will detect detect a NEW device because the lenght is not the same from the receiver, and the result is that the idtag is not the same ...

Every time you move a device, it is reconized as a new device !!!!

It is BIG BIG problem ... i just received them this afternoon and i don't know what i can do ... both of them doesn't manage RSSI

If somebody knows how to disable RSSI, it will be EXTRA good ... and i'll wait a plugin update to manage the RSSI after.

Tks in advance

MAnu

Hello,

You can use Rfid Xap
    This is a very stabel piece of software
    much beter then other plugins

Its working now for 2mnds stabel for me
    While the cheaper plugin give's many drop outs several time's a week

Ed

Comment

The pb is that i only have homeseer. nothing else so i don't really know what is xap ! sorry.

do you know if i xan manage rssi with it and include it under hs2 ?

Comment

xAP is protocol for communicating over the LAN. The Homeseer plugin mcsXap understands this protocol so it able to interface anything that communicates this way. xapmcsRFID is one application that does use xAP protocol. xAP is good for a distributed automation environment, but can be used much like Homeseer uses plugins. There is some xAP setup information in the xapmcsRFID manual and more in either the xapmcsWebControl or xapmcsImage manuals. All of this information is at http://board.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=865

xapmcsRFID does handle the signal strength parameter and is able to be intefaced to HS.

Comment

Working...
        X