This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UltraECM2 - Brultech ECM-1240 / GreenEye Support

I am releasing the first beta of UltraECM2 HSPI. This plug-in is compatible with the Brultech ECM-1240 or the Brultech GreenEye Energy Monitor (GEM). The plug-in connects directly to the Brultech devices without the need for the Brultech EngineG software.

Install Instructions:
    1) Remove any UltraECM HomeSeer devices, then shutdown HomeSeer.
    2) Uninstall UltraECM HSPI version 1.
    3) Disable the Brultech EngineG software and shutdown the program.
    4) Download and install UltraECM2.
    5) Restart HomeSeer.
    6) Confirm you have UltraECM2 in the plug-in menu.

Setting Initial Options:
    1) From UltraECM2 > Options, select an initial data packet buffer = 1.
    2) Select the Device Value you want to use (e.g. multiplied by 100)
    3) Save options.

Setting Options on GEM:
    1) Update the firmware on your GEM to the latest version (recommend).
    2) Connect to your GEM via a web browser, then enter setup mode.
    3) Select Packet Send, then select a primary packet format of 5: Bin48-NET and select an 8 sec send internal.
    4) If you are connected via Serial, then no additional changes are needed.
    5) Under Network > Remote Host, enter the IP address of your HomeSeer system and port 8000, then click Save. This is server mode, so you'll want to use client mode within the UltraECM2 plug-in (e.g. 0.0.0.0:8000).

Setting Options on the ECM-1240:
    1) Default options should work. You want to the output in binary format.

Setting Initial Device Configuration:
    1) From UltraECM2 > Devices, enter a device serial number of 1 (of if you have the serial number, you can enter it).
    2) Enter the device name (e.g. Basement)
    3) Select the Brultech Device Type (e.g. GreenEye)
    4) Select the connection type (e.g. Ethernet or Serial). If you select Serial, you'll need to enter COM:1 (or whatever com port you use). If you select Ethernet, you'll need to enter the IP_addressort for server mode or 0.0.0.0ort for client mode.
    5) Click the + icon to add the device. The initial add may take a few seconds on slow computers, so please wait for it to complete.
    6) The plug-in should connect to your Brultech device within 1 minute.

Known Issues:
    1) Energy cost and energy rates.
    2) Database logging for pulse counters and temperature sensors.
    3) The main and net devices under UltraECM > Channels don't do anything yet.
    3) IE 10 users must use browser compatibility mode to view the charts.

Download URL:
    http://automatedhomeonline.com/PluginInstall.zip

Download URL Updates:
    April 30, 2013 - Version 2.0.4868 - Fixed issue related to temperature display

Please post questions or issues.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Last edited by Ultrajones; April 30, 2013, 08:01 PM.
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

The link go to wrong plugin. It goes to Ultra1Wire2.
    Last edited by rhodesep; April 29, 2013, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Sorry, download link fixed.
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I'm quite excited about this new version. It's going to be a bit of work to switch over as I'll need to modify a number of events when I delete and re-add the ECM devices, but it certainly seems worth the effort.

Before I go through the trouble, though, I just wanted to confirm that it will work with multiple 1240's. Right now I have two 1240's on the same serial port. I imagine that it will still support multiple devices, but I didn't see anything above that definitively said yes or no, so I just wanted to be sure.

Thanks,
        Brett

Comment

I am up with my GreenEye Monitor

Looking good Ultra!

Temperature is incorrect. para 3.9 of the Packet Format Manual. "If you're using Binary, the value is multiplied by 2 due to the 0.5 C resolution of the DS18B20. When the value is parsed via software, it must be divided by 2 to obtain its value."

Comment

hey this is cool... was an easy setup for me since I never had original ECM..
            I LOVE the dashboard except the colors cant be changed.. and so i cannot see my values... as I use a black background for my web pages.. (I DESTEST white background web pages).. since the values are black.. I cannot see them.... when I highlight them I can see them.. and they are the correct values.. so its talkingto my GEM correctly..

otherwise this is rockin cool!!! im looking forward to digging in further!
            great work!
            -Christopher
            -Christopher
            PerfecTemp - the Most advanced HVAC system I've ever Built - and its in my House

Comment

Originally posted by rhodesep View Post
              Looking good Ultra!

Temperature is incorrect. para 3.9 of the Packet Format Manual. "If you're using Binary, the value is multiplied by 2 due to the 0.5 C resolution of the DS18B20. When the value is parsed via software, it must be divided by 2 to obtain its value."
              I just fixed the temperature conversion. I'll post an update shortly. I was testing with a bad sensor connected and the readings I was receiving just happened to 64 degrees (which is about right for my basement).
              Last edited by Ultrajones; April 30, 2013, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BrettS View Post
                I'm quite excited about this new version. It's going to be a bit of work to switch over as I'll need to modify a number of events when I delete and re-add the ECM devices, but it certainly seems worth the effort.

Before I go through the trouble, though, I just wanted to confirm that it will work with multiple 1240's. Right now I have two 1240's on the same serial port. I imagine that it will still support multiple devices, but I didn't see anything above that definitively said yes or no, so I just wanted to be sure.

Thanks,
                Brett
                Yes, it was designed to support up to 9 of them (but I only tested 1 ECM-1240 along with an GreenEye). Each ECM would be connected to one serial port.

Regards,
                Ultrajones

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                  Yes, it was designed to support up to 9 of them (but I only tested 1 ECM-1240 along with an GreenEye). Each ECM would be connected to one serial port.

Regards,
                  Ultrajones
                  Are you saying that all of the devices need to be connected to a single port or each device needs its own port? Right now my two ECM-1240's share a single port, but it won't be too much trouble to move one to a second port if I need to.

Thanks again,
                  Brett

Comment

Originally posted by BrettS View Post
                    Are you saying that all of the devices need to be connected to a single port or each device needs its own port? Right now my two ECM-1240's share a single port, but it won't be too much trouble to move one to a second port if I need to.

Thanks again,
                    Brett
                    One ECM-1240 per COM port.

Comment

Originally posted by rhodesep View Post
                      Looking good Ultra!

I just posted a new version that fixes the temperature issue. Temperature does not display .5 resolution, but I'll fix that in a coming release.

Comment

Thanks UJ That worked.

Comment

is there a way to alter the Colors so i can see the dashboard on my black backgrounded HS webpages?

otherwise it is working great! stable too.. havent noticed any CPU hit on my HS server ... im only running one GEM right now..
                          -Christopher
                          PerfecTemp - the Most advanced HVAC system I've ever Built - and its in my House

Comment

Failure last Nite.

UltraJones,

I had a failure last night. I attached errors from log. I am not sure this is your error. It appears the GEM unit quits responding. I had this occasionally when using Tenholde Brultech Server. My GEM firmware was behind so I updated both the "C" and "E" Firmware. Well see what happens.

Gene
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by rhodesep; May 1, 2013, 10:20 AM.

Comment

More Errors

More errors seem to come grouped in three's.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X